1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 May '22 13:32
    GOP Senators balk at Ukraine assistance.
    https://news.yahoo.com/echoes-trump-gop-splinters-over-040847571.html
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    17 May '22 16:07
    @jimm619
    Democrats, of course, never criticize or obstruct.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 May '22 16:211 edit
    @sleepyguy said
    @jimm619
    Democrats, of course, never criticize or obstruct.
    'WHATABOUTTHEDEMS?', WHATABOUT', 'WHATABOUTISMS?'
    Start another thread and cite an example
    as I have done 😛

.......Clean up on aisle 2.
  4. Garner, NC
    Moves
    17 May '22 16:46
    @jimm619 said
    'WHATABOUTTHEDEMS?', WHATABOUT', 'WHATABOUTISMS?'
    Start another thread and cite an example
    as I have done 😛
    I think the title of the thread starts things on the wrong foot.

Had you titled it something like: "GOP has a difference of opinion on Ukraine aid, let's discuss", it may have come across as an attempt to discuss Ukraine aid.

Also, you accuse the GOP of Criticism and Obstruction in the title of the thread, totally missing the irony that you are engaging in criticism due to your own title.

Maybe you can clarify the point of this thread. Is it to discuss whether or not the GOP criticizes and obstructs too much (especially compared with the democrats)? Or does it actually have something to do with Ukraine aid? Those would be too very different conversations.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 May '22 17:03
    @techsouth said

Had you titled it something like: "GOP has a difference of opinion on Ukraine aid, let's discuss", it may have come across as an attempt to discuss Ukraine aid.

Also, you accuse the GOP of Criticism and Obstruction in the title of the thread, totally missing the irony that you are engaging in criticism d ...[text shortened]... it actually have something to do with Ukraine aid? Those would be too very different conversations.
    Ya' gotta' read the link.....
    Thought we were a united front when
    it came to aid for Ukraine.
    Silly me............
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '22 19:15
    @techsouth said

Also, you accuse the GOP of Criticism and Obstruction in the title of the thread, totally missing the irony that you are engaging in criticism d ...[text shortened]... it actually have something to do with Ukraine aid? Those would be too very different conversations.
    And .......... what exactly is the difference of opinion ?

Or is this just about Biden looking good on the world stage when leading the global response to Russian aggression ?
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 May '22 19:402 edits
    @mghrn55 said

Or is this just about Biden looking good on the world stage when leading the global response to Russian aggression ?
    Maybe the reason for this is that
    BIDEN listened to
    OUR OWN INTELLIGENCE SERVICES,
    instead of listening to PUTIN as #45 famously stated,
    in HELSINKI, that is what he (TRUMP) did.
    Anyone wanna' see this again?..........Disgusting
    YouTube
    ............'Ya think?
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '22 19:44
    @jimm619 said
    Maybe the reason for this is that
    BIDEN listened to
    OUR OWN INTELLIGENCE SERVICES,
    instead of listening to PUTIN as #45 famously stated,
    in HELSINKI, that is what he (TRUMP) did.
    ............'Ya think?
    Here we are in 2022.
    One political party threatens to hang another country out to dry for political gain ?

Have we seen this before ??
    Ah ..... never mind !! Forget I asked !! 😲
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:30
    @techsouth said

Are you, like them, a Russian apologist too?
  10. Garner, NC
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:44
    @mghrn55 said

You tell me what the difference of opinion is.

Those that have opposed aid to Ukraine, presumably would have given a reason that is something different than "Let's make sure Biden doesn't look good on the world stage".

You might contend they are being disingenuous, but can you, or anyone who has disagreed with the GOP on this issue, present a summary of their argument and state it such that they would say you've correctly stated it?

So far, my entry into this thread has neither criticized the opponents nor criticized the proponents of aid to Ukraine. Obviously many here are strongly opinionated. So here is your chance. Tell me what the pros are, but also tell me what the cons are. If you can't tell me what the cons are, even if you don't agree with them, I know you're not a serious thinker.
  11. Garner, NC
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:48
    @suzianne said
    Are you, like them, a Russian apologist too?
    I have not written nor uttered here, nor anywhere a single word in opposition to aid for Ukraine.

I am an enemy of bad arguments though. If you are certain that aid to Ukraine at the level that has been proposed is the only good choice, tell me how you reached that conclusion. And tell me how you've determined the amount of aide one must support in order to not be a "Russian apologist". For example, could a reasonable argument be made for giving half the amount currently being proposed?
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 May '22 21:03
    @techsouth said
    I have not written nor uttered here, nor anywhere a single word in opposition to aid for Ukraine.

I am an enemy of bad arguments though. If you are certain that aid to Ukraine at the level that has been proposed is the only good choice, tell me how you reached that conclusion. And tell me how you've determined the amount of aide one must support in order to not be a "R ...[text shortened]... or example, could a reasonable argument be made for giving half the amount currently being proposed?
    What are you Some self appointed 'mental giant?
    Most of the informed understand the pros and cons, I will not reiterate them for you.
    My observation was mainly this;
    I thought that aid to the besieged Ukrainians was
    truly an issue that transcended party lines,
    but now I notice, Republicans, and only Republicans,
    are beginning to balk at BIDEN's aid package...
    Kinda' looks like obstructionist efforts to me.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '22 22:29
    @techsouth said
    Sure, but it would have been dishonest. Because it is undeniably true that the Trumpist party obstructs any measure to make this planet a little better.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '22 22:31
    @techsouth said
    Maybe not, Marauder. But you sure have argued on the side of the rapists in all other threads.

We're not as naive as you think.
  15. Garner, NC
    Moves
    17 May '22 23:10
    @shallow-blue said
    Maybe not, Marauder. But you sure have argued on the side of the rapists in all other threads.

We're not as naive as you think.
    No idea what you're talking about. I can't even fathom how one could construe any of my prior arguments to be in favor of rapists. If you think I am Marauder with a new account, consider that I have been a member here since 2005 and have played more than 1000 games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree