RIP Trump Candidacy

RIP Trump Candidacy

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 May 11

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/05/trump-collapses.html

Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.

- snip -

As Trump got more and more exposure over the last month Republicans didn't just decide they weren't interested in having him as their nominee- they also decided they flat don't like him. Only 34% of GOP voters now have a favorable opinion of Trump to 53% who view him in a negative light.

Good riddance.

Have fun figuring out how to make your Apprentice series even less dramatic and figuring out a way to make the show even more about you, Don.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by sh76

[quote]Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.
...[text shortened]... series even less dramatic and figuring out a way to make the show even more about you, Don.
Maybe more F-bombs would have helped.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
11 May 11
1 edit

Tied with Ru Paul?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 May 11

I'm FIRED!

K

Germany

Moves
11 May 11

Nothing unexpected here...

MB

Moves
11 May 11

It was not just the birther issue. He made stupid statements about other things that ruined his chances in the long run. He promoted a selfish foreign policy. He said he wasn't interested in Libya unless we "get the oil". Oil theft you can believe in.

It was weird because some things really resonated with people. He was for tariffs on China and arm twisting the oil exporting nations to increase production and those were popular with people. He could of ran a good campaign if he knew how to keep his big mouth shut.

In the end it is all about who gets the media coverage. I think the corporate news media will be generous to Gingrich and stress how he helped balance the budget. His past infidelity problems will be largely ignored by the corp. news media when it really matters giving him the advantage. He probably has already been picked and all the media has to do is work their propaganda magic. He is a status quo man who will serve the elites/empire.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by Metal Brain
It was not just the birther issue. He made stupid statements about other things that ruined his chances in the long run. He promoted a selfish foreign policy. He said he wasn't interested in Libya unless we "get the oil". Oil theft you can believe in.

It was weird because some things really resonated with people. He was for tariffs on China and arm tw ...[text shortened]... o do is work their propaganda magic. He is a status quo man who will serve the elites/empire.
Seriously? You think the the lame stream media is going to give Newt a fair shake? What about the Anointed One ? Are you saying the kool aid has worn off ? They are sold out to Obama and will blast any and all who oppose him. They show no signs of changing.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by Metal Brain

It was weird because some things really resonated with people. He was for tariffs on China and arm tw ...[text shortened]... o do is work their propaganda magic. He is a status quo man who will serve the elites/empire.
Why should his infidelity problems matter anyway?

K

Germany

Moves
11 May 11

Because he needs votes from the Christian Right to win the election.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
11 May 11

[quote]Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.
...[text shortened]... series even less dramatic and figuring out a way to make the show even more about you, Don.
Forget about Trump sh76. I keep telling you about Herman Cain. Did you see him in the Republican debate the other day? He is picking up momentum.
No thoughts on him ?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by utherpendragon
Forget about Trump sh76. I keep telling you about Herman Cain. Did you see him in the Republican debate the other day? He is picking up momentum.
No thoughts on him ?
I didn't watch the debate and I don't really know enough about Cain yet to make a judgment on him.

I'll definitely give him a fair listen though (there's plenty of time left before the primaries).

g

Pepperland

Moves
11 May 11

Seriously? You think the the lame stream media is going to give Newt a fair shake? What about the Anointed One ? Are you saying the kool aid has worn off ? They are sold out to Obama and will blast any and all who oppose him. They show no signs of changing.
Seriously? You think the the lame stream media is going to give Newt a fair shake?

If by giving him a "fair shake" you mean portraying him in an uncritically positive light as Fox News does I imagine one would have to set aside his predisposition to channel the views of the conspiracy-obsessed far right:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich
"Look, I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it. I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion. And I think if you believe in historic Christianity, you have to confront the fact. And, frank— for that matter, if you believe in the historic version of Islam or the historic version of Judaism, you have to confront the reality that these secular extremists are determined to impose on you acceptance of a series of values that are antithetical, they're the opposite, of what you're taught in Sunday school."

"What if [Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]? That is the most accurate, predictive model for his behavior.
I think he worked very hard at being a person who is normal, reasonable, moderate, bipartisan, transparent, accommodating — none of which was true. In the Alinksy tradition, he was being the person he needed to be in order to achieve the position he needed to achieve ... He was authentically dishonest."

But I suppose he is simply adhering to the republican tradition of sailing close to the wind when it comes to speaking one's mind about the alleged plans of the opposition to destroy america.

P

Moves
11 May 11

But his infidelity was due to his working so hard and loving his country so much! Doesn't that work in his favor?

K

Germany

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by generalissimo
[b]Seriously? You think the the lame stream media is going to give Newt a fair shake?

If by giving him a "fair shake" you mean portraying him in an uncritically positive light as Fox News does I imagine one would have to set aside his predisposition to channel the views of the conspiracy-obsessed far right:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Newt_ ...[text shortened]... es to speaking one's mind about the alleged plans of the opposition to destroy america.[/b]
Well, Sunday schools surely don't teach religious tolerance. Newt may be on to something here.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 May 11

No thoughts on him ?
http://hermancain.com/