Republicans Restrict Voting

Republicans Restrict Voting

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
09 Mar 21
1 edit

@teinosuke said
Well, yes, that's their current, and diminishing sector of appeal. Perhaps they should start appealing to a wider range of people?
Again, doing so contradicts their core ideologies. If the KKK is concerned about declining membership, you don't advise them to start widening their appeal. They need to eliminate to their culture altogether.

w

Moves
09 Mar 21
2 edits

@vivify said
Republican culture won't allow it. Progressive policies contradict their platform that appeal to the rich, the religious and the white nationalists.
There is no GOP platform. They could try changing their culture towards actual governance instead of the culture war B.S. Historically, they've had popular support with the idea that small government and fiscal responsibility allows individuals to thrive. But while progressives were passing that huge spending bill conservatives were on twitter and Fox News for days ranting about Dr. Seuss, ignoring the spending spree and refusing to participate in the process. Wacko.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 21

@Phranny
Will the federal voter rights bill floating around now, if it passes and signed by Biden, will that stop the Georgia suppression?
The one piece in that bill: You can't even give water or food to a person standing in line to vote. That is despicable and a cynical twist to this BULLSHTYE.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Mar 21

@Phranny

Yeah, Calvin's statement is a declaration of political bankruptcy.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Mar 21

@vivify said
Again, doing so contradicts their core ideologies. If the KKK is concerned about declining membership, you don't advise them to start widening their appeal. They need to eliminate to their culture altogether.
Well said. TU from me.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 21

@moonbus
I notice there have been no posts from the ultrarightwingnuts here.
Considering the republican laws are indefensible.

w

Moves
09 Mar 21

@sonhouse said
@moonbus
I notice there have been no posts from the ultrarightwingnuts here.
Considering the republican laws are indefensible.
"People who work late on Tuesdays should not be able to vote because....."

Sorry, I got nothing. Maybe they want to conserve electricity by shutting off the lights in the polling place an hour earlier?

D

Moves
09 Mar 21

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 21

@wildgrass
Sure, that and they want to restrict the number of democrats voting. I think that tactic will backfire on those republican jerks.

P

Moves
09 Mar 21

@sonhouse
HR1 is the single most important bill to save our democracy.

D

Moves
09 Mar 21

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 21

@Phranny
If it passes and gets Biden's signature will HR1 block the Georgia and other states voting suppression tactics?

P

Moves
10 Mar 21

@sonhouse said
@Phranny
If it passes and gets Biden's signature will HR1 block the Georgia and other states voting suppression tactics?
I believe HR1 would make all or many of the disenfranchisement efforts of the GOP unconstitutional.

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Mar 21
1 edit

@phranny said
@sonhouse
HR1 is the single most important bill to save our democracy.
It'll be a hard sell in the Senate and may get watered down if it passes at all. But, with enough pork barrel benefits to key states (such as ones which lost electrical power because of a cold snap), it might just squeak through.

w

Moves
10 Mar 21

@phranny said
I believe HR1 would make all or many of the disenfranchisement efforts of the GOP unconstitutional.
Illegal, not unconstitutional.