1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 19:54
    @rajk999 said
    A man of God, a promoter of justice, a righteous man ... pick one
    Then the other Hamases will meet the same fate... they are all going to die
    Remove the Arabs from Gaza who have been terrorising the Jews for the last 20 years.
    For you. Jews feel safe when the Arabs who want to kill them are on the run.

Ask some more.
    You'd have fewer US protestors if we were not funding your feelings.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 21:06
    @wildgrass said
    You'd have fewer US protestors if we were not funding your feelings.
    You take too much credit. The US funds $3B out of a $25B defense budget. Its small potatoes. US protestors mean nothing to the rest of the world.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 21:392 edits
    @rajk999 said
    You take too much credit. The US funds $3B out of a $25B defense budget. Its small potatoes. US protestors mean nothing to the rest of the world.
    Those are prewar 2022 numbers. It's more than $17 billion that we just forklifted over to you, to 'fight' civilians. Do you not need the money? Why all the groveling then?

I don't take any credit and it seems you don't want to give it either. The protestors - the topic of the thread - want the funding to end. You can keep buying your bombs with your own money.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 23:18
    @wildgrass said
    Those are prewar 2022 numbers. It's more than $17 billion that we just forklifted over to you, to 'fight' civilians. Do you not need the money? Why all the groveling then?

I don't take any credit and it seems you don't want to give it either. The protestors - the topic of the thread - want the funding to end. You can keep buying your bombs with your own money.
    I would be interested in seeing the source of your data for 2022. Here is what I got:

The United States committed over $3.3 billion in foreign assistance to Israel in 2022, the most recent year for which data exists.[1] About $8.8 million of that went toward the country's economy, while 99.7% of the aid went to the Israeli military..

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-military-aid-does-the-us-give-to-israel/
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 23:44
    @rajk999 said
    I would be interested in seeing the source of your data for 2022. Here is what I got:

The United States committed over $3.3 billion in foreign assistance to Israel in 2022, the most recent year for which data exists.[1] About $8.8 million of that went toward the country's economy, while 99.7% of the aid went to the Israeli military..

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-military-aid-does-the-us-give-to-israel/
    Same source for 2022. But this is 2024:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/biden-signs-95-billion-war-aid-measure-with-relief-for-ukraine-israel-and-taiwan/

And this was 2023....

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/04/us-israel-aid-military-funding-chart

That's a lot of tacos.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 02:56
    @rajk999 said
    Muslims claim that in order to understand the Quran the Hadiths must also be consulted and read. Here is what it says:

It was reported that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with them both) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying: ‘You (i.e. Muslims) will fight against the Jews and you will gain victory over them. The stones will (betray them) sa ...[text shortened]... llah)! There is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him.’ 1 This Hadith was reported by Al-Bukhari.
    If you know so much about the hadiths, you will also know that the 4 Sunni Islamic schools adhere to different hadiths as does Shia Islam.
    And Al Bukhari is not amongst the 4 Shia hadiths.

Sura 2:62 is very clear on the relationship between moslims, Jews and Christians:
    Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

However, I will give you that it is an abrogation issue.

Because the qoran and hadiths are complete and utter nonsense (as is the bible, by the way), I tend to judge Islamic sentiments by the moslims I meet.

And I have met a lot. Having lived in Israel, having worked in refugee camps and having many moslim collegues where I work now: not one I have met has any problem with Jews or Christians. And atheists just baffle them (although mermaids being sea jinn cracks me up to their bafflement).

What you do see is shock and horror at Israel’s behaviour towards the Palestinians. But, I see that with most people I talk to, no matter their beliefs.

With the exception of a few hard-line right-wingers, everyone is agreed that Israel is going too far. And not one of them has any problem with the Jewish faith.

And hatred towards Jews has always baffled me. It’s such a small group of people who either stick to their own or who are no different in appearance to Western non-Jewish people (like Seinfeld, for example).

Mundo bizarro.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 04:131 edit
    @cliff-mashburn said
    Hamas wants all Jews dead, it's their stated goal, and kills them whenever they can and you are faulting Israel for defending themselves?
    If you call Israel's killing 10,000 Palestinian children "defending themselves", then fine.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 04:54
    @earl-of-trumps said
    If you call Israel's killing 10,000 Palestinian children "defending themselves", then fine.
    1/ Are these hamas numbers via some Palestinian goobermint buratcracy?
    2/ How do you define children?
    3/ Does hamas use child soldiers? Will you denounce hamas for this and recognise the difficult position that puts you in having to age ID the person pointing a gun at you.
    4/ Does this stat you repeat here play into and encourage hamas using child soldiers?
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 06:35
    @wajoma said
    1/ Are these hamas numbers via some Palestinian goobermint buratcracy?
    2/ How do you define children?
    3/ Does hamas use child soldiers? Will you denounce hamas for this and recognise the difficult position that puts you in having to age ID the person pointing a gun at you.
    4/ Does this stat you repeat here play into and encourage hamas using child soldiers?
    Ohhhh a quiz:

1. Numbers are Palestinian health authority numbers, backed by international agencies on the ground.

2. Smelly, obnoxious… oh… under 15 years of age.

3. Unknown if Hamas uses child soldiers (to me). Thousands of women abd children civilians have died.

4. No. Nor does it promote anybody using children in any capacity other than to tidy their fukking rooms up.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 06:37
    @shavixmir said
    Ohhhh a quiz:

1. Numbers are Palestinian health authority numbers, backed by international agencies on the ground.

3. Unknown if Hamas uses child soldiers (to me). Thousands of women abd children civilians have died.

4. No. Nor does it promote anybody using children in any capacity other than to tidy their fukking rooms up.
    1/ They're hamas numbers then.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 07:161 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Ohhhh a quiz:

2/ Convention on the Rights of the Child ohchr
    https://docstore.ohchr.org
    25 Mar 2019 — The Palestinian Children's Act defines a child as any human being under the age of 18 years.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 07:16
    @wajoma said
    1/ They're hamas numbers then.
    Hamas and international agency numbers.
    Basically health authorities give numbers and international organisations verify them.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 07:18
    @shavixmir said
    Hamas and international agency numbers.
    Basically health authorities give numbers and international organisations verify them.
    1/ Exactly what I said, hamas numbers, you're repeating the propaganda of the religious fanatics for them.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 07:27
    @wajoma said
    1/ Exactly what I said, hamas numbers, you're repeating the propaganda of the religious fanatics for them.
    I’m repeating international health organisation numbers. You’re repeating the racist trope that you can’t trust Islamic hewlth authorities.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 07:30
    @kellyjay said
    You believe anyone calling for genocide against anyone is not a genocidal maniac?
    Give us actual numbers of people ACTUALLY calling for the genocide of the Jewish people at these protests, 99% of them are calling for the cessation of genocide in Gaza. Which you clearly are not

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree