Perry squirms about his Dem, pro-Gore past

Perry squirms about his Dem, pro-Gore past

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Sep 11

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/article/Perry-on-being-a-Democrat-decades-ago-2155723.php

This is actually mildly amusing. You think this sort of past might actually help him in the general?

K

Germany

Moves
06 Sep 11

Originally posted by sh76
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/article/Perry-on-being-a-Democrat-decades-ago-2155723.php

This is actually mildly amusing. You think this sort of past might actually help him in the general?
Perry is such a flipflopper! He was for the Democrats before he was against them.

Moves
06 Sep 11

Getting his old (D) to help in the general depends on how he reacts. Reagan had similar baggage and overcame it making a one-termer out of a disappointing president, with the Iran hostage crisis and a sick economy as issues.

Moves
06 Sep 11

I'm no Perry fan, but the endorsement was 23 years ago. I think anybody has the right to change his/her mind in that amount of time.

MB

Moves
06 Sep 11

I find it interesting that Perry and Romney both can be compared with democrats and they are both doing well in the polls right now. Perry was a democrat and Romney talked like a democrat during his debate with Ted Kennedy.
The news media could easily drag them both down during the primary if they chose to. The news media holds all of the power.

U

Moves
06 Sep 11

Originally posted by Kunsoo
I'm no Perry fan, but the endorsement was 23 years ago. I think anybody has the right to change his/her mind in that amount of time.
It's still crazy to me. This guy has some serious hardcore right wing positions on literally every issue.

T

Moves
06 Sep 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Perry is such a flipflopper! He was for the Democrats before he was against them.
Yeah, what is it about these politicians whose names end in -erry? All bloody flip-floppers.

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
It's still crazy to me. This guy has some serious hardcore right wing positions on literally every issue.
Maybe it was Tipper's efforts to censor rock music which attracted him to Gore.

U

Moves
07 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Kunsoo
Maybe it was Tipper's efforts to censor rock music which attracted him to Gore.
I was and still am totally against that campaign they waged. It was hilarious watching Dee Snider from Twisted Sister totally pwn everyone in the senate hearing, wearing faded jeans and sporting ratty hair. What a complete and total waste of the government's time.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
07 Sep 11

Very mildly, then.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Sep 11
1 edit

Disco inferno in Texas! The Lone Star is on fire...

Uh oh, looks like CA is on fire too.

E

Moves
07 Sep 11

Reagan was a Democrat at one time and I don't think most people would bash Reagan for being too liberal.

Moves
07 Sep 11

Originally posted by Eladar
Reagan was a Democrat at one time and I don't think most people would bash Reagan for being too liberal.
Actually, some of the nuttier in the Republican Party did just that when he negotiated with the Soviet Union. We do have a large number of very goofy right wingers still sore about racial integration, and I think Reagan brought them out.

E

Moves
08 Sep 11

You're nothing but a hater.

Moves
08 Sep 11

Originally posted by Eladar
You're nothing but a hater.
Uh, okay. You realize that's not even really a word?