Perhaps Clinton can still win!

Perhaps Clinton can still win!

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
11 Nov 16

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
11 Nov 16

Originally posted by Phranny
https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19
With a GOP controlled Congress, I'm not sure she wants to.

w

Moves
11 Nov 16

I say go for it!

I want to see how many shades of orange Donald can turn.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Nov 16

Originally posted by Phranny
Heh.

Keep tilting at windmills, folks.

Seeing left wingers going apoplectic after this election has been great theater.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
11 Nov 16

Originally posted by sh76
Heh.

Keep tilting at windmills, folks.

Seeing left wingers going apoplectic after this election has been great theater.
Yeah, but it's best watching them go apoplectic from a distance. I lived close to downtown Portland (Oregon) up until 6 years ago, but now there's no reason for me to travel into or around there on a daily basis.

I have been wondering a bit about some of the vandalism and propery damage I've heard about. Been wondering how many Hillary supporters might have suffered property damage at the hands of unhappy Hillary supporters... I doubt if any of the offending 'protesters' bothered to ask or find out before unleashing their wrath.

D

Moves
12 Nov 16
1 edit

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Nov 16
2 edits

Tut tut... do try and keep up with the times, all of you brilliantly progressive distant past watchers.

Watching left wingers once again exhume Hitler's body and attempt to draw parallels is not such great theatre anymore. It became something of a cliché long before the last century was over.

K

Germany

Moves
12 Nov 16

There was no possible winner in this election from the get-go.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
There was no possible winner in this election from the get-go.
I argued some months ago that a Donald Trump Presidency might be better in the long run than a Hillary Clinton one. IF the Donald goes along with the agenda of Congressional Republicans the result is likely to be ruinous and could make 2020 a replay of 1932 (a good election for a Democratic "wave" since it could also bring in Democratic State legislatures which would reverse the extreme Republican gerrymandering of Congressional districts since 2010). An HRC Presidency would have just brought 4 years of continued inconclusive deadlock. Of course, long term demographic changes favor the Democrats, so a Dem "wave" election in 2020 might lead to a persistent long term advantage for them.

So perhaps progressives "won".

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Nov 16

Originally posted by no1marauder
I argued some months ago that a Donald Trump Presidency might be better in the long run than a Hillary Clinton one. IF the Donald goes along with the agenda of Congressional Republicans the result is likely to be ruinous and could make 2020 a replay of 1932 (a good election for a Democratic "wave" since it could also bring in Democratic State legislature ...[text shortened]... 2020 might lead to a persistent long term advantage for them.

I envision it differently, likely the utopian in me dying to be released.

Trump rights the boat, gets another term and proves what we thought all along: the problem was the lack of accountability and entrenched criminals at the helm.
The realization that the everyday man is better equipped to make decisions than the so-called Elite convinces the public to elect leaders thusly--- in the spirit of Bernie Sanders before compromise, public servants.
Party divisions disappear, we return to an isolationist position and stop being the world police.

Happily never after...

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
13 Nov 16

I argued some months ago that a Donald Trump Presidency might be better in the long run than a Hillary Clinton one. IF the Donald goes along with the agenda of Congressional Republicans the result is likely to be ruinous and could make 2020 a replay of 1932 (a good election for a Democratic "wave" since it could also bring in Democratic State legislature ...[text shortened]... 2020 might lead to a persistent long term advantage for them.

Another possibility is that DT reverts to his moderate stances of decades-past and publicly excoriates and humiliates hard-line conservatives who try to buck him and whom no other Republican would have the guts to stand up to.

He also might very well espouse a less neoliberal economic agenda than HRC would.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Nov 16

Originally posted by sh76
Another possibility is that DT reverts to his moderate stances of decades-past and publicly excoriates and humiliates hard-line conservatives who try to buck him and whom no other Republican would have the guts to stand up to.

He also might very well espouse a less neoliberal economic agenda than HRC would.
That's possible and then get four more years of gridlock when the People voted (presumably) for "change".

However, the composition of Trump's transition team (Ed Meese?) and the rumored cabinet (Goldman Sachs partner at Treasury, billionaire hedge fund manager at Commerce, etc. etc.) makes me think your scenario is unlikely.

Moves
13 Nov 16

Originally posted by whodey
I say go for it!

I want to see how many shades of orange Donald can turn.

jb

Moves
13 Nov 16

That's possible and then get four more years of gridlock when the People voted (presumably) for "change".

However, the composition of Trump's transition team (Ed Meese?) and the rumored cabinet (Goldman Sachs partner at Treasury, billionaire hedge fund manager at Commerce, etc. etc.) makes me think your scenario is unlikely.
That some-bitsch better perform and keep his promises.

K

Germany

Moves
13 Nov 16

Originally posted by joe beyser
That some-bitsch better perform and keep his promises.
He's not and we're going to say we told you so.

At least when it comes to immigrants he'll probably kick some of them out and further reduce the number coming in. Whatever good that will do you.