Obama/unemployment

Obama/unemployment

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by Zapp Brannigan
wow you got all the answers and know everything you should go into politics.

Have you ever been employed ?
The Netherlands have been masters of economics since before the US existed...

K

Germany

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The Netherlands have been masters of economics since before the US existed...
That is why I am emigrating! 😀

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I don't get it.

q

Moves
19 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Metal Brain
The states can compete with each other without protectionist measures. We can't compete with Chinese labor without protectionism except with certain products that don't amount to much.
Can you compete with slave like wages?
If indeed China has low wages, we benefit by getting cheap goods. Protectionism simply ensures that all goods are more expensive.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by quackquack
If indeed China has low wages, we benefit by getting cheap goods. Protectionism simply ensures that all goods are more expensive.
Any such benefit is dwarfed by the negative externalities associated with the unemployment that is being caused by our huge balance of trade deficit.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Are you going to use your superior economic sense to dominate the Finnish physics market?

MB

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by quackquack
Not really.
That just allowed the Fed Reserve System to increase the money supply more and get away with it with less inflation than would otherwise be possible. In other words, they cheated us out of the true deflation of imported goods and increased prices of domestic goods for an overall inflation number that would satisfy nitwits like you.
Basically, we had deflation and inflation at the same time of different products. That is the symptom of money supply cheating. Those cheap imported goods didn't help you while those domestic goods (and services) you bought were made more expensive. You got ripped off and you think you got a sweet deal. Welcome to the reality of money supply manipulation.

K

Germany

Moves
19 Jul 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Are you going to use your superior economic sense to dominate the Finnish physics market?
Obviously.