Obama Can Kill Anybody He Wants - Even You

Obama Can Kill Anybody He Wants - Even You

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by normbenign
A very high percentage of killers kill themselves, and on police reports there are reported cases of "suicide by cop".
What's the percentage?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
What's the percentage?
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/12/murder_suicide_research_adam_lanza_does_not_fit_the_pattern.html

"the perpetrators are mostly embroiled in domestic disputes. Ninety percent of the time, they kill their romantic partners. (The recent case of NFL linebacker Jovan Belcher is a textbook example: Belcher and his girlfriend reportedly argued over their baby’s paternity before the athlete shot her and himself.) And when not carried out by jealous twentysomethings or thirtysomethings, murder-suicides tend to be enacted by frail old men who, no longer able to care for their ailing spouses, turn to violence out of a misguided sense of mercy. Or they’re mothers drawn to self-harm but anxious that their children will suffer too much without them. (Suicidologists call this impulse “deluded altruism.&rdquo😉

"He found that 35 percent of such rampage killers take their own lives, compared with only 6 percent of serial killers. What’s more, the serial killers were more likely to commit suicide in order to avoid arrest or imprisonment, whereas rampage murderers had murkier motives. "

Lots of interesting things in this article.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by normbenign
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/12/murder_suicide_research_adam_lanza_does_not_fit_the_pattern.html

"the perpetrators are mostly embroiled in domestic disputes. Ninety percent of the time, they kill their romantic partners. (The recent case of NFL linebacker Jovan Belcher is a textbook example: Belcher and his girlfriend r ...[text shortened]... ereas rampage murderers had murkier motives. "

Lots of interesting things in this article.
Osama was not a rampage killer. In any case, 6% is not a very high percentage and I would expect it to be even lower for people who comitted only a single murder or some other serious crime.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
12 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Osama was not a rampage killer. In any case, 6% is not a very high percentage and I would expect it to be even lower for people who comitted only a single murder or some other serious crime.
6 percent for serial killers, such as Gacy. 35% of rampage killers, such Lanza.

I don't have time for research, but I suspect a larger percentage for domestic homicides.