North korea threatens nukes

North korea threatens nukes

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Jul 10

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
But they would be OK if North Korea used them and nothing was done?
I don't recall saying "nothing should be done" IF North Korea used nukes in a preemptive strike. Of course, "something" should be done and I'd agree that that "something" should include military force. But the force used should be proportional to that used by the North Koreans and endanger as few civilians as possible. I'm not completely aware of their force deployment, but presumably they have some kind of corp or army level HQ somewhere near the DMZ. Perhaps that would be a good target for a retaliatory strike consisting of/and or including tactical nuclear weapons if those could be deployed without serious risk to civilians on both sides of the DMZ.

HG

Moves
25 Jul 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't recall saying "nothing should be done" IF North Korea used nukes in a preemptive strike. Of course, "something" should be done and I'd agree that that "something" should include military force. But the force used should be proportional to that used by the North Koreans and endanger as few civilians as possible. I'm not completely aware of their f ...[text shortened]... if those could be deployed without serious risk to civilians on both sides of the DMZ.
I don't think anyone posses a nuke that is a precison weapon, especially if used on the DMZ, fallout would affect many people.
Convention stuff is better. The USA has such weapons.
They would be stupid to use a nuke so close to their own homeland wouldn't they?
But who gives this guy any credit for being rational?
We use drones all the time,, I wonder if there aren't a few flying around North korea right now?

STS

Moves
25 Jul 10

I don't recall saying "nothing should be done" IF North Korea used nukes in a preemptive strike. Of course, "something" should be done and I'd agree that that "something" should include military force. But the force used should be proportional to that used by the North Koreans and endanger as few civilians as possible. I'm not completely aware of their f ...[text shortened]... if those could be deployed without serious risk to civilians on both sides of the DMZ.
Using conventional forces against someone using nukes against you that's a helluva idea the war would be over in an hour with N Korea winning good thinking genius

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
Using conventional forces against someone using nukes against you that's a helluva idea the war would be over in an hour with N Korea winning good thinking genius
You should really actually read someone's posts rather than assume what they are going to say. From my prior post:

I'm not completely aware of their force deployment, but presumably they have some kind of corp or army level HQ somewhere near the DMZ. Perhaps that would be a good target for a retaliatory strike consisting of/and or including tactical nuclear weapons if those could be deployed without serious risk to civilians on both sides of the DMZ.

HG

Moves
25 Jul 10

We would lay down firepower, hopefully nothing in the Nuke category.
we have advanced much further than they since the Korean conflict.
The real tragedy is of course civilian casualties.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 Jul 10

Flobots - Handlebars:

w

Moves
25 Jul 10

How many million North Koreans would you willing to kill in that scenario? All of them?

The Chinese, Japanese and South Koreans might not be too happy with the use of nuclear weapons and resulting fallout it would cause in the area.
It ain't that easy. What do you want, do you want to sit around and wait for another nuke from them?

The bottom line is if they use one that should be all the damage they should be allowed to inflict.

Game over.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Jul 10

Originally posted by whodey
It ain't that easy. What do you want, do you want to sit around and wait for another nuke from them?

The bottom line is if they use one that should be all the damage they should be allowed to inflict.

Game over.
Weaseling is typical of you, so I'll ask my question AGAIN:

How many million North Koreans would you willing to kill in that scenario? All of them?

w

Moves
25 Jul 10

Weaseling is typical of you, so I'll ask my question AGAIN:

Typically you would not target civilians.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Jul 10

Originally posted by whodey
Typically you would not target civilians.
Yes, it is typical of me but apparently not of you.

There's something like 23-24 million North Koreans. In the nuclear strike you envision, would your goal be to exterminate all of them?

w

Moves
25 Jul 10

There's something like 23-24 million North Koreans. In the nuclear strike you envision, would your goal be to exterminate all of them?
The idea would be to target known military sites with suspected WMD's.

HG

Moves
26 Jul 10

I think he scenario in question, was them using Nukes first. Then comes the question of a proper response......
What direction do you think the weather currents move in that area? Would fallout just blow back in their faces, toward japan, or Russia and China?
If it blows toward the Chinese or Russians, maybe this time we just sit it out, and watch what their neighbors do to react.
The Penninsula is about 160 miles wide at the DMZ...... the USA could carpet bomb that for weeks if need be, and never use a nuke. I don't think we would. We have bombs that can blow the bejesus out of them, without resorting to a nuke.
But it's simple math, to figure there would be a grossly high number of civilian casualties... 23 million people crammed in that space, how could one not kill a bunch of them? But that is why the Nut case should just stop his yapping, and try to do something for his country,, seems he doesn't care.

HG

Moves
26 Jul 10

You should really actually read someone's posts rather than assume what they are going to say. From my prior post:

I'm not completely aware of their force deployment, but presumably they have some kind of corp or army level HQ somewhere near the DMZ. Perhaps that would be a good target for a retaliatory strike [b]consisting of/and or incl ...[text shortened]... ons
if those could be deployed without serious risk to civilians on both sides of the DMZ.[/b]
That area is too small to drop a nuke on, it's insane.
The guy needs to be surgically removed by a hell fire fired from an unmanned drone.. who would really miss him anyway? Iran?