More Conservatives are Extremists, Study Shows

More Conservatives are Extremists, Study Shows

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by FMF
Your "jokes" and your "serious points" are equally laughable. It's all an indistinguishable mush, I'm afraid. You are making a projection about what will happen if the U.S. provides a service to its own people that is already provided by pretty much all other developed nations' governments to their peoples. And yet, despite the fact that you cannot cite any inst ...[text shortened]... age these threats being delivered? By text message? e-mail? Someone at your front door?
It is the same reasoning that influenced the government to stay out of religious affairs. Simply put, what occurs between my doctor and I is of no concern, or should not be, of the state.

w

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by sh76
It is fascinating.

After the 2006 sweep of Congress, Barack Obama winning the Presidency, Bush's approval ratings dipping into the 20s, scandal after scandal in the GOP, "liberal" is still a borderline dirty word in American politics.

I guess it just is what it is. The US is a right leaning country, and all the Keith Olbermanns and Michael Moores in the World are not going to change that.
I don't think it has anything to do with the word liberal. In fact, does anyone call "W" a liberal? Why then are his approval ratings in the pooper? I say that people instinctivly dislike statist policies whether they dress themselves up as conservatives like "W" did or they don't.

w

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by Wajoma
Don't expect me to pay for your lung cancer.
Don't you worry. Lung cancer is EXTREMELY fatal and for the most part untreatable. Therefore, I'm sure Obama will perscribe him some pills and a quick one way trip back home. 😉

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
I'm in the military which means I have government run healthcare. Which means tax payers would pay for it.

Good to see if I get lung cancer you'll quit working.
I hope you can prove that your lung cancer was a direct result of your military service otherwise you won't get diddly squat.

GRANNY.

w

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by smw6869
I hope you can prove that your lung cancer was a direct result of your military service otherwise you won't get diddly squat.

GRANNY.
Not so, there is no tort reform in the proposed NHC. As a result, he should be able to find some sleezy trial lawyer that will fleece the tax payers out of millions!!

U

Moves
23 Aug 09

GRANNY.
That's complete BS. I'm active duty military which means I receive full coverage, not just for service related health issues. So does my family for that matter.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
24 Aug 09

That's complete BS. I'm active duty military which means I receive full coverage, not just for service related health issues. So does my family for that matter.
you have full coverage only While in the military.

GRANNY.

U

Moves
24 Aug 09

you have full coverage only While in the military.

GRANNY.
And guess what....

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
24 Aug 09

And guess what....
You're a Lifer ?

GRANNY.

LA

Moves
24 Aug 09

Originally posted by FMF
You strike as being somewhat of a laughingstock. So I suppose I do see the humour of it.
It appears that you are not so much a 'laughing stock' as the proverbial village idiot.

U

Moves
24 Aug 09

You're a Lifer ?

GRANNY.
I may or may not decide to stay in but that's not the point.

He said, "Don't expect me to pay for blah blah blah"

I'm currently active duty military so he's *already* paying for my medical expenses and that of my family, so I pointed that out.

You chimed in late with WRONG information. Get over it.

"oh, well um... IF you get lung cancer AFTER you're out AND you didn't stay in until retirement..."

It's nice to have you contributing such useful and relevant information.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
24 Aug 09

I may or may not decide to stay in but that's not the point.

He said, "Don't expect me to pay for blah blah blah"

I'm currently active duty military so he's *already* paying for my medical expenses and that of my family, so I pointed that out.

You chimed in late with WRONG information. Get over it.

"oh, well um... IF you get lung ca ...[text shortened]... ment..."

It's nice to have you contributing such useful and relevant information.
I was trying to say that VA med bennies ( a gov't run health care system ) SUCKS THE ROYAL WANG and if you intend to use it after getting out of the crotch you may as well shove you face up your azz and jump out of a plane at 40K feet without a chute for all the good it will do. Anyone who allows a gov't employee to tell them to jump out of a plane at 10k feet is obviously easy to manipulate into believing anything the gov't says. I believe this applioes to you....and me at one time. Keep Your Head Down.

GRANNY.

173rd Airborne.

U

Moves
24 Aug 09

I was trying to say that VA med bennies ( a gov't run health care system ) SUCKS THE ROYAL WANG and if you intend to use it after getting out of the crotch you may as well shove you face up your azz and jump out of a plane at 40K feet without a chute for all the good it will do. Anyone who allows a gov't employee to tell them to jump out of a plane at 10k fe ...[text shortened]... his applioes to you....and me at one time. Keep Your Head Down.

GRANNY.

173rd Airborne.
I can't speak for medical benefits after retirement, at least, not from personal experience. I do know that my father-in-law is former Special Forces and highly decorated - and suffers from PTSD. He's been happy with his own coverage.

Funny that you're throwing out "173rd Airborne" yet you seem to think that A: You jump from 10,000 feet and B: The government TELLS you to.

Nobody is TOLD they have to jump. Every single parachutist is a volunteer and can quit their jump status at any time.

Standard practice jumps are from 1000 and 800 feet, 1250 in airborne school. An actual combat jump would be from much lower. That's "slightly" different from your 10,000 ft claim. The only people who jump from that high are jumping HALO, which would represent a very select few, i.e. SEAL and SF HALO teams, those sorts of outfits.

If you're going to follow up with snide remarks you might want actually learn WTF you're talking about.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
24 Aug 09

I can't speak for medical benefits after retirement, at least, not from personal experience. I do know that my father-in-law is former Special Forces and highly decorated - and suffers from PTSD. He's been happy with his own coverage.

Funny that you're throwing out "173rd Airborne" yet you seem to think that A: You jump from 10,000 feet and B: ...[text shortened]... o follow up with snide remarks you might want actually learn WTF you're talking about.
Dude, i was joking about being told you were forced to jump at 10k ft. Notice that i included myself as being just as manipulated as you are. I was with the 173rd during my first tour in Nam. You didn't have to go thru jump school to be assigned to an airborn unit in Nam. They took grunts from wherever they could. I was also with the 4th inf div during my second tour. Wanna se my DD214 ? I'm trying to tell you that the VA health care is US gov't run and it sucks. Your father in law is being treated for a disability he received because of his military service. If he is 100% disabled he will get total medical care. If he were 30% disabled he would get far less treatments. If you like the VA system, when you're out of the crotch just go to the VA for your health care and DIE. If your father in law just walked in to the VA and said treat me for cancer he'd have to prove his cancer was caused by his militar service. Don't tell me WTF i know about the stinking VA, i've been thru hell with them for years. They screw thousands of Vets every day. It's Gov't run and it sucks. If you're happy with that then go for it.

GRANNY.

U

Moves
24 Aug 09

Dude, i was joking about being told you were forced to jump at 10k ft. Notice that i included myself as being just as manipulated as you are. I was with the 173rd during my first tour in Nam. You didn't have to go thru jump school to be assigned to an airborn unit in Nam. They took grunts from wherever they could. I was also with the 4th inf div during my se ...[text shortened]... ay. It's Gov't run and it sucks. If you're happy with that then go for it.

GRANNY.
Very well. I apologize for doubting you, but you kept saying things that didn't make sense.

In any event my father-in-law also stayed in until retirement. I *think* when you retire you also receive full health coverage. He's also deemed 100% disabled.

As I said before I can't speak for the VA system from personal experience. But for currently serving members our government run healthcare is great. Also keep in mind Medicare gets very high satisfaction ratings. Maybe the VA system for disabled (non-retired) veterans sucks.

What all this shows is that, just like civilian coverage it can either be great or it can suck depending on how well it's ran. It's not automatically going to suck just because it's the government providing coverage.

Also, the VA system you're speaking of also involves VA hospitals. Just like Medicare the public option being considered is to cover patients going to private hospitals.