Moves
    21 Jun '19 21:122 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 21:35
    Apparently Biden's first order of business as president is to lower the age of consent.

😮
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 21:48
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    How can happy times be here 'again', they are already here. It is puzzling why more people don't jump on Trump's band wagon.
  4. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 21:50
    The smart people are making money and the haters are hating. But...the stock market is in a bubble and it will pop.
    When gold and silver start to go up watch out!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 22:342 edits
    Don't get me wrong, I would never vote for Biden but the Left's blatant bigotry towards old people is troubling.

One day I think your utopia would simply euthanize them like you do the unborn
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 22:501 edit

7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 23:031 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    How can happy times be here 'again', they are already here. It is puzzling why more people don't jump on Trump's band wagon.
    C’mon, Joe, you’re not puzzled. You have lots of things to say about why Trump resisters resist. Just now I went to one of your posts and saw “liberals simply cannot digest common sense”. You often sprinkle derogatory comments into your posts.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 23:07
    I realize you despise that time period because older people were still valued.

It was a time when minds were changing towards Civil Rights as many whites championed Civil Rights like the Rev. Billy Graham. In fact, Ike was the first to get the ball rolling regarding Civil Rights, and yes, he was a white male Republican.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 23:12
    @whodey said

It was a time when minds were changing towards Civil Rights as many whites championed Civil Rights like the Rev. Billy Graham. In fact, Ike was the first to get the ball rolling regarding Civil Rights, and yes, he was a white male Republican.
    You really just make this crap up as you go along, don't you?:

And among other things, the liberals - the mostly northern liberals like Hubert Humphrey and some others - were pushing hard to have a meaningful plank about civil rights.

Harry Truman actually had a fairly aggressive program for pursuing the issue of segregation in the country, but he knew that at the convention in the summer of 1948 there would not be a lot of support for that. And he wanted as peaceful a convention as possible. He wanted to try to hold the party together. So he opposed the minority plank through his surrogates at the convention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The platform plank they were pushing included things like an anti-lynching law. They were also pushing to oppose school segregation, which was essentially the way of life, not only in the South but all over the country. They wanted to try to end job discrimination and access to public facilities on the basis of race. Got done in the 1960s, but in 1948 that was a very hot topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the end, by a very narrow vote, that 1948 Democratic convention adopted Hubert Humphrey's minority plank. And the hardest rocks on the far side of the party from the Deep South literally walked out. The Mississippi delegation walked out in its entirety, about half of the Alabama delegation. About three dozen delegates in toto walked out of the convention and vowed to nominate their own Dixiecrat candidate for president, Strom Thurmond from South Carolina, which they did.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94011842
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 23:26
    @whodey said

He was hardly a Republican as currently defined. “As a moderate Republican, Eisenhower was able to achieve numerous legislative victories despite a Democratic majority in Congress during six of his eight years in office. In addition to continuing most of the New Deal and Fair Deal programs of his predecessors (Franklin Roosevelt and Truman, respectively), he strengthened the Social Security program, increased the minimum wage and created the Department of Health, Education and Welfare.”
    https://www.history.com/topics/us-presidents/dwight-d-eisenhower
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 23:43
    @no1marauder said
    You really just make this crap up as you go along, don't you?:

And among other things, the liberals - the mostly northern liberals like Hubert Humphrey and some others - were pushing hard to have a meaningful plank about civil rights.

Harry Truman actually had a fairly aggressive program for pursuing the issue of segregation in the country, but he knew that ...[text shortened]... om South Carolina, which they did.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94011842
    And here I thought we were talking about the 1950's.

LOL.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 23:441 edit
    @js357 said
    He was hardly a Republican as currently defined. “As a moderate Republican, Eisenhower was able to achieve numerous legislative victories despite a Democratic majority in Congress during six of his eight years in office. In addition to continuing most of the New Deal and Fair Deal programs of his predecessors (Franklin Roosevelt and Truman, respectively), he strengthened the So ...[text shortened]... of Health, Education and Welfare.”
    https://www.history.com/topics/us-presidents/dwight-d-eisenhower
    Having said all that, you still find it too painful admitting he championed Civil Rights.

Very telling.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 03:00

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 03:07

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 03:15

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree