It's snowing!!

It's snowing!!

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Oct 09
4 edits

Okay; it's a mix of rain and snow; and the snow is not sticking to any surface. But, hey. We usually don't get any snowflakes until mid November around here.

October 15. This is the earliest snow that I can ever remember around here (northern suburbs of New York City).

I guess the cap and trade bill is working already! And it hasn't even been passed yet. 😉

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/nationalforecast/index.html?from=hp_news

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
15 Oct 09

Originally posted by sh76
Okay; it's a mix of rain and snow; and the snow is not sticking to any surface. But, hey. We usually don't get any snowflakes until mid November around here.

October 15. This is the earliest snow that I can ever remember around here (northern suburbs of New York City).

I guess the cap and trade bill is working already! And it hasn't even been passed yet. 😉

Better turn down the heat though. That cap and trade bill ain't free.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Oct 09
1 edit

This is incredible. This is no longer a mix. It's a full fledged snow. I never remember seeing a snowstorm while the leaves are still on the deciduous trees. The snow against the backdrop of reds, yellows and golds of the autumn leaves is really beautiful.

Temps right now are close to 30 degrees below average!

P

Moves
15 Oct 09

This is incredible. This is no longer a mix. It's a full fledged snow. I never remember seeing a snowstorm while the leaves are still on the deciduous trees. The snow against the backdrop of reds, yellows and golds of the autumn leaves is really beautiful.

You should spend some time in Chicago then 🙂

Fortunately we haven't gotten any snow yet, but it's been a crappy year so far so I don't expect fall/winter to be any different.

w

Moves
15 Oct 09

After about 10 years of cap and trade they will probably artifically induce an ice age. Of course, they will have to then tax companies for not putting out enough CO2 to counter this phenomenon.

Brilliant!!

F

Moves
16 Oct 09

Originally posted by whodey
After about 10 years of cap and trade they will probably artifically induce an ice age. Of course, they will have to then tax companies for not putting out enough CO2 to counter this phenomenon.

Brilliant!!
What exactly are you satirizing here? Yourself? The wider 'denier' movement's hysterical "predictions"?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
16 Oct 09

Originally posted by whodey

Brilliant!!
Obamas next award.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
16 Oct 09

Where is Gore when you need him. Man made global warming huh?

silicon valley

Moves
18 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Wajoma
Obamas next award.
nothing wrong in awarding him consecutive nobel peace prizes ... he DOES plan to reduce global warming ...

K

Germany

Moves
18 Oct 09

ITT: gambler's fallacy.

silicon valley

Moves
18 Oct 09

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
ITT: gambler's fallacy.
you misspelled "IPCC".