Is the American Revolution Inevitable?

Is the American Revolution Inevitable?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jul 20

@quackquack said
There is no reason why a businessman can't be president. In fact, understanding economics and efficiency is one of if not the most important quality of leading our nation.
Unfortunately, Donald Trump lacks a rudimentary understanding of economics.

D

Moves
08 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
Odd....he's a billionaire, how much are you worth?

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jul 20

@dood111 said
Odd....he's a billionaire, how much are you worth?
My net worth would certainly be higher than Donald Trump's if I had inherited as much money as he did, and I would have done that in an ethically superior way as well, without stiffing contractors, bribing politicians, accepting bribes, becoming beholden to the Russian mob, and so on and so forth.

Regardless of that fact, having money and understanding economics aren't the same thing. It's not like the likes of Krugman are extremely wealthy.

q

Moves
08 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
That doesn't mean that a businessman shouldn't be considered for president as suggested.

gc

Moves
08 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
That's fine, Kev but we are off topic at this point.
This is about the potential for revolution, not so much a "blast donald trump" thread.
At least, that was my intention, anyway.
There will probably be more of a rise in anarchy than a actual revolution led by a person. The radical right have the invisible man Q army who think Trump is part of their crusade against the evil deep state left. The left will calm things down more than Trump. However social media is flaming anti political beliefs to the likelihood of more violent outcomes.Biden is not going to stop it. America needs a decent leader now.

D

Moves
08 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
My net worth would certainly be higher than Donald Trump's if I had inherited as much money as he did, and I would have done that in an ethically superior way as well, without stiffing contractors, bribing politicians, accepting bribes, becoming beholden to the Russian mob, and so on and so forth.

Regardless of that fact, having money and understanding economics aren't the same thing. It's not like the likes of Krugman are extremely wealthy.
Ohhh...would it?
What have you done with the net worth you were handed ?
And HOW are you "ethically superior" to Trump or anyone else?
Easy for you to look down on people, isn't it?

Moves
08 Jul 20

@Earl-of-Trumps

Thank you. That was an interesting article (the one linked at the bottom of the OP). No idea what reason could be given for alerting it.

Maybe when the activists run out of statues to topple they will decide the Constitution is completely invalid, because it was written and signed by some white male slaveholders.

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jul 20

@dood111 said
Ohhh...would it?
What have you done with the net worth you were handed ?
And HOW are you "ethically superior" to Trump or anyone else?
Easy for you to look down on people, isn't it?
I would have parked it in some diversified index fund and probably would have pursued the same career as I am now - science. That would have left me in a better financial position than Donald Trump.

I am superior in many ways to Donald Trump, though I imagine I would be a much worse second hand car salesman or televangelist.

D

Moves
08 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
I would have parked it in some diversified index fund and probably would have pursued the same career as I am now - science. That would have left me in a better financial position than Donald Trump.

I am superior in many ways to Donald Trump, though I imagine I would be a much worse second hand car salesman or televangelist.
Old saying...if you're so smart, why ain't you rich?

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jul 20

@dood111 said
Old saying...if you're so smart, why ain't you rich?
I live very comfortably though I am not a millionaire and not trying to become one. I suppose I just have less interest in golden toilets than the plebeians do.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
08 Jul 20

@caesar-salad Maybe when the activists run out of statues to topple they will decide the Constitution is completely invalid, because it was written and signed by some white male slaveholders.

Geeeez, caesar, please don't give the Marxist revolutionaries any ideas!

Moves
08 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said

Geeeez, caesar, please don't give the Marxist revolutionaries any ideas!
Good point!

(You probably shouldn't have repeated it in bold type. 😉 )

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
It's a good question!

The real problems with left/right factions boils down to this:
The left wants total control and will not stop at democratic
principles to guide the country.

I use as two examples that demonstrate this fever pitch of the left
to maintain absolute control are the lost presidential election of
2016, and the appointment of a conservative j ...[text shortened]...

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/is-america-heading-for-civil-war-of-course-it-is_07072020
Right wingers lost the last US Civil War.

Why are you so anxious for another?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
Right wingers lost the last US Civil War.

Why are you so anxious for another?
Who said I was anxious for? I'm anxious about

You think I like the idea of some antifa wingnut hunting me down in the streets?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Who said I was anxious for? I'm anxious about

You think I like the idea of some antifa wingnut hunting me down in the streets?
I think you should seek out a qualified psychologist and schedule some immediate sessions to deal with your absurd paranoia.

We don't need a revolution to put your ideas in the dustbin of history; a few more elections should do it.