is America any less taxed than under the British?

is America any less taxed than under the British?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jb

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i dunno Joe, German engineering has always been superior in my opinion, were they not the first to introduce intercontinental ballistic missiles, jet propelled aircraft, the panzer tanks etc etc while the British were wondering what was happening! if the war had been prolonged or if it were not for the ineptitude of the Nazi hierarchy, who knows what would have happened!
Had the English the same mindset of blowing the hell out of things, and war in general, the English no doubt would have invented all that stuff. I don't know what makes the French tic, but Hitler could not have ruled England. The people there would never have had that. Even if the Brittish government was destroyed, the people would have undermined the Nazi regime. I am surprized Hitler even thought of tangling with the Ruskies.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
So what expenses should be cut in order to further lower taxes?
Not sure but too much welfare programs and people are rewarded for being lazy and not working. Cut out Government waste also.

Manny

rc

Moves
06 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by joe beyser
Had the English the same mindset of blowing the hell out of things, and war in general, the English no doubt would have invented all that stuff. I don't know what makes the French tic, but Hitler could not have ruled England. The people there would never have had that. Even if the Brittish government was destroyed, the people would have undermined the Nazi regime. I am surprized Hitler even thought of tangling with the Ruskies.
i do not know why you think that, the English have been living under foreign rule since James the VI and perhaps even before since the Norman invasion right up until the present day, the present monarchy being Hanoverian and German and to be perfectly honest, they did have the mindset of blowing the hell out of everything, many German towns were simply levelled to the ground in indiscriminate bombing of civilians. The British were lucky, that was all, they had been beaten in France, forced to retreat and were simply on their knees when Hitler changed tactics allowing them to regroup, nor do i imagine for one moment that there were not prominent individuals sympathetic to his cause. The Russkies were also real lucky!

jb

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i do not know why you think that, the English have been living under foreign rule since James the VI and perhaps even before since the Norman invasion right up until the present day, the present monarchy being Hanoverian and German and to be perfectly honest, they did have the mindset of blowing the hell out of everything, many German towns were simp ...[text shortened]... ere were not prominent individuals sympathetic to his cause. The Russkies were also real lucky!
What I meant was that if England had that mindset significantly before the war like the Germans did. That is what put everyone else behind in the technology curve. The Ruskies were not only lucky, but very tough. A strong spirited people would be hard to beat. I think there were people financing the Nazies from England and the US. I don't know where Hitler got the idea of taking over the world with such limited resources, but I have an idea the worm in the apple is still with us today.

F

Moves
06 Jul 09

Hitler could not have ruled England. The people there would never have had that. Even if the Brittish government was destroyed, the people would have undermined the Nazi regime.
I think the British ruling classes would have gone along with Hitler. The trouble might have been with the hoi poloi.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
06 Jul 09

What I meant was that if England had that mindset significantly before the war like the Germans did. That is what put everyone else behind in the technology curve. The Ruskies were not only lucky, but very tough. A strong spirited people would be hard to beat. I think there were people financing the Nazies from England and the US. I don't know where Hitle ...[text shortened]... d with such limited resources, but I have an idea the worm in the apple is still with us today.
I have to disagree w/ you there joe,Hitlers military preparations with their enormous construction projects accelerated the economic recovery in Germany that had begun in 1932. Soon Germany faced a labor shortage instead of unemployment. As rearmament shifted into high gear, Hitler found he was short of money to buy foreign materials. This fact, combined with a desire to rely on domestic resources, led Hitler to inaugurate the Four-Year Plan in 1936. The plan called for Germany to be self-sufficient and ready for war in four years. Once the production of weapons for war against France and Britain was under way, Hitler in 1937 ordered the design and production of weapons for war with the United States. These arms included bombers that could reach America and a fleet of superbattleships that Hitler planned to be the core of a dominant navy.

In response to Hitler’s call for German self-sufficiency, German steelmakers protested that the quality of domestic ores was too poor to use. When industry leaders refused to process the low-grade domestic ores, Hitler forced them to pay for a government-owned company that would. German industry was producing synthetic oil by 1933, and synthetic rubber and other substitutes followed. Hitler insisted that German workers be treated carefully and generously because he believed that domestic unrest caused by the hardships of war had brought about Germany’s defeat in World War I. During World War II, this policy required German armies to loot occupied territories, which resulted in the German people having the highest wartime rations in Europe.

jb

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by utherpendragon
I have to disagree w/ you there joe,Hitlers military preparations with their enormous construction projects accelerated the economic recovery in Germany that had begun in 1932. Soon Germany faced a labor shortage instead of unemployment. As rearmament shifted into high gear, Hitler found he was short of money to buy foreign materials. This fact, combi ...[text shortened]... d territories, which resulted in the German people having the highest wartime rations in Europe.
Are you disagreeing about getting some financing from England and US.? Everything in your post shows that Germany was preparing for war. That is what I meant to say with "mindset". Not only gearing up for it, but thinking up new weapons. Everyone else seemed to be snoozing while this was going on. Had that not been the case, the English would definately have been able to invent and engineer new weapons with the best Germans. Cambridge and Oxford doesn't turn out dummies you know.

jb

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
I think the British ruling classes would have gone along with Hitler. The trouble might have been with the hoi poloi.
There would have been an undermining of the Nazies and the ruling class if that were so. The ruling class would have had to dupe the people into believing they were not under Hitlers thumb to pull it off.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
06 Jul 09

Are you disagreeing about getting some financing from England and US.? Everything in your post shows that Germany was preparing for war. That is what I meant to say with "mindset". Not only gearing up for it, but thinking up new weapons. Everyone else seemed to be snoozing while this was going on. Had that not been the case, the English would definately h ...[text shortened]... er new weapons with the best Germans. Cambridge and Oxford doesn't turn out dummies you know.
I am disagreeing that Hitler did not have the resources and needed to be financed from some clandestine force in England or the States. He clearly had enough to start a war of conquest and the conqured nations would provide the future resources for continual conquest.Germany was quite capable of achieving their goal in WW2.The reason they did not was Hitler himself in the end.

w

Moves
06 Jul 09

This is something that strikes me as rather odd: you live in a country with one of the lowest tax rates of industrialized countries, yet you seem to have a pathological obsession with taxes. How come?
I find this question as odd as you apparently find mine. I just thought it was a common consenus that taxation was burdensome. If not, would you like to pay more? Do yoo enjoy it?

w

Moves
06 Jul 09

What do you mean?
What I mean is that with the US hell bent on becoming like Europe their average salaries should soon reflect this fact.

F

Moves
06 Jul 09

There would have been an undermining of the Nazies and the ruling class if that were so. The ruling class would have had to dupe the people into believing they were not under Hitlers thumb to pull it off.
Not really. The ruling classes would have stage managed a 'homegrown' variety of militaristic corporatism that Hitler represented. I mean, Britain had 200 or more years of doing that pretty well. I think they could have pulled it off at home.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
06 Jul 09

This is something that strikes me as rather odd: you live in a country with one of the lowest tax rates of industrialized countries, yet you seem to have a pathological obsession with taxes. How come?
Our nation was founded on fighting tyranny through taxation. American patriots are vehemently opposed to excessive taxation. What is excessive? That would be a matter of perception,obviously

F

Moves
06 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
I just thought it was a common consenus that taxation was burdensome.
I have never wasted a minute of my adult life bellyaching about tax. It baffles me how many of you place the question of tax at the very centre of your political universe and philosphical soul. Truly baffles me.

jb

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
Not really. The ruling classes would have stage managed a 'homegrown' variety of militaristic corporatism that Hitler represented. I mean, Britain had 200 or more years of doing that pretty well. I think they could have pulled it off at home.
That definately would have given the axis powers a heck of a boost.