Iran vs. US

Iran vs. US

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Hmm, maybe because the election wasn't rigged?
Well, there are a lot of people who disagree with that.

I'm not all that convinced. We'll see.

I'm also not at all convinced that all these demonstrations are "riots". Yes, there's been some violence - even some reported from the pro-Amedinejad (sorry about spelling) demonstrations.

Some instances of violence does not a riot make. I'm not saying that violence is ok, it's just not necessarily a riot.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Well, there are a lot of people who disagree with that.

I'm not all that convinced. We'll see.

I'm also not at all convinced that all these demonstrations are "riots". Yes, there's been some violence - even some reported from the pro-Amedinejad (sorry about spelling) demonstrations.

Some instances of violence does not a riot make. I'm not saying that violence is ok, it's just not necessarily a riot.
A bunch of screaming Zionist-loving "progressives" burning tires and provoking police? Sounds like a riot to me.

g

Pepperland

Moves
18 Jun 09

A bunch of screaming Zionist-loving "progressives" burning tires and provoking police? Sounds like a riot to me.
How do you know they're "zionist-loving"?

Why are you so reluctant to even consider the possibility that there were irregularities in the election?

T

Moves
18 Jun 09

Zionist-loving? What makes you think that the people campaigning for greater domestic freedoms within Iran are pro-Israel? It is possible to dislike both Iranian theocracy and Israeli imperialism.

P

Moves
18 Jun 09
1 edit

Hilarious.

Even if I stipulated that what you claimed is happening at all the rallies, that doesn't completely sound all that horrible. Screaming is normal at rallies and provoking police is ridiculously vague. I don't like the burning tires, but if that's all the damage that's happening then it's a pretty peaceful riot - now the Rodney King LA riots - THOSE were riots. Now, I'm essentially using the definition of riot as being completely out of control, mob mentality with completely out of control violence. I haven't heard much reporting of that kind of riot.

[sarcasm]Of course, Iran's wonderful respect for the free press and their allowing all foreign press to transmit all the images of these "riots" that they want shows that they have nothing at all to hide and that their not at all afraid of the images of the crowds might provide evidence that they aren't the violent riots that they claim. [/sarcasm]

Of course your idiotic characterization of them as "Zionist-loving progressives" doesn't exactly help you either.

F

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
[sarcasm] [...] [/sarcasm]
Hey, let the sarcasm speak for itself.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by Teinosuke
Zionist-loving? What makes you think that the people campaigning for greater domestic freedoms within Iran are pro-Israel? It is possible to dislike both Iranian theocracy and Israeli imperialism.
Musavi is sympathetic to the Israeli right to exist.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jun 09

Quick! Burn him at the stake!

s

At the Revolution

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by sh76
Quick! Burn him at the stake!
Well, Ahmadinejad isn't.

g

Pepperland

Moves
19 Jun 09

That's good, it means he is not unresonable like the other guy.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Jun 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
That's good, it means he is not unresonable like the other guy.
It means he's a collaborator.

g

Pepperland

Moves
22 Jun 09

It means he's a collaborator.
"He who is not with me is against me"?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
22 Jun 09

"He who is not with me is against me"?
In this case, in my act of desperation, I would pick up any rotten log to keep myself afloat.

g

Pepperland

Moves
22 Jun 09

In this case, in my act of desperation, I would pick up any rotten log to keep myself afloat.
The election had irregularities, we both know this.

see it for yourself:

http://news.aol.com/article/iran-election-dispute/535673

The country's highest electoral authority agreed last week to investigate some opposition complaints of problems in the voting. The Guardian Council said Monday it found irregularities in 50 voting districts, but that this has no effect on election outcome. Council spokesman Abbas Ali Kadkhodaei was quoted on the state TV Web site as saying that its probe showed more votes were cast in these constituencies than there were registered voters.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
22 Jun 09

The election had irregularities, we both know this.

see it for yourself:

http://news.aol.com/article/iran-election-dispute/535673

[b]The country's highest electoral authority agreed last week to investigate some opposition complaints of problems in the voting. The Guardian Council said Monday it found irregularities in 50 voting districts, but ...[text shortened]... robe showed more votes were cast in these constituencies than there were registered voters.
[/b]
But it has no effect on the outcome. The article says so.