Hobby Lobby Wins

Hobby Lobby Wins

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
02 Jul 14

Originally posted by Eladar
I understand that's how Communists think.
It's how people who understand the enormously complicated concept of "currency" think.

Planet Rain

Moves
02 Jul 14

Originally posted by HarrisonBergeron
People with hobbies other than internet forum trolling.
There can be no doubt that the Venn diagram depicting Internet trolls as one set and Hobby Lobby lubbers as another will have a not inconsiderable overlap between the twain. Ergo, your assertion is false.

Planet Rain

Moves
02 Jul 14

I understand...
Whoa, stop right there chief. I believe we've isolated your problem.

E

Moves
02 Jul 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
It's how people who understand the enormously complicated concept of "currency" think.
I understand that you see your beliefs as reality and anything that differs is simply error.

Leftists are like that. It helps them rationalize the use of government to enslave the population to make their lives better.

Planet Rain

Moves
02 Jul 14

I understand that you see your beliefs as reality and anything that differs is simply error.

Leftists are like that. It helps them rationalize the use of government to enslave the population to make their lives better.
Perhaps I should have asked this long, long ago, before the One Ring was cast into the Crack of Doom, but…what is your definition of a "leftist"?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jul 14

What would stop them from buying the insurance on their own?

Or do you think there is a Constitutional right to having an abortion?

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/01/obamacares-many-loopholes-forcing-individuals-and-taxpayers-to-fund-elective-abortion-coverage
Not having enough money?

I hate to break it to you, but there is a Constitutional right to having an abortion.

D

Moves
02 Jul 14

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 Jul 14

Originally posted by no1marauder
Not having enough money?

I hate to break it to you, but there is a Constitutional right to having an abortion.
Wait, what?

Surely you're not suggesting that a) there is a constitutional right to have enough money for an abortion, nor b) a constitutional right to have someone else pay for your abortion.

Or are you?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
Wait, what?

Surely you're not suggesting that a) there is a constitutional right to have enough money for an abortion, nor b) a constitutional right to have someone else pay for your abortion.

Or are you?
What did you get Eladaritis?

Read the post I was responding to and THEN read mine.

In case that's too hard, he asked two questions and I answered both accurately. Neither answer leads to either position you (but not me) stated.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
02 Jul 14

What did you get Eladaritis?

Read the post I was responding to and THEN read mine.

In case that's too hard, he asked two questions and I answered both accurately. Neither answer leads to either position you (but not me) stated.
Oh yeah... carry on.

E

Moves
02 Jul 14

Not having enough money?

Where does the Constitution state you have the right to something you can't afford?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jul 14
1 edit

Where does the Constitution state you have the right to something you can't afford?
In the same place it says corporations have rights.

To be more precise, you have a right to privacy that encompasses the right as to whether to terminate a pregnancy or not before the fetus' viability. I guess corporations have that right now, too.

E

Moves
02 Jul 14

In the same place it says corporations have rights.
The people who own the Corporations have rights.

I ask again, where does the Constitution give you rights to what you can't afford.

E

Moves
02 Jul 14

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
Oh yeah... carry on.
So how does what he was responding to negate the ridiculousness of his statement? Or are you just intimidated?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jul 14
1 edit

The people who own the Corporations have rights.

I ask again, where does the Constitution give you rights to what you can't afford.
That's not what the SCOTUS has been saying; they are saying the corporation itself has rights.

Your second sentence is incoherent; your possession of a right has nothing to do with whether you can afford it or not. Natural Rights predate money ya know.

EDIT: And to top it off, the Constitution doesn't "give you" any rights at all.