1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:271 edit
    Thank you for the explanation, @no1marauder and @Ashiitaka.

I'm sure I've been on the Public Forums page once or twice, but usually go into the forums through the drop-down menu.

And thank you, @lemondrop, for noticing the change in number.
  2. RSA
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:30
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Russ almost certainly removed threads based on the presence of "keywords" contained therein. I highly doubt it had much to do with the topics or that a human even looked through them.

Some of my favourite threads are gone. Thankfully, I can recall many of the posts I'd like to keep a record of. Maybe I'll get around to writing them down one day.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:381 edit
    @ashiitaka said
    Russ almost certainly removed threads based on the presence of "keywords" contained therein. I highly doubt it had much to do with the topics or that a human even looked through them.

Some of my favourite threads are gone. Thankfully, I can recall many of the posts I'd like to keep a record of. Maybe I'll get around to writing them down one day.
    Virtually any thread Duchy posted in more than a few times would have almost certainly been filled with personal attacks and name calling. It is unfortunate that so many threads will have been lost because of such childish behavior, but fortunately most got saved.

IF the poster wants to maintain "historical discussions", she need only (finally!) adhere to the Posting Guidelines that have always been part of being on RHP.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:451 edit
    Posts critical of slavery are a bit pointless, don't you think? Certainly everyone frequenting this forum believes slavery is/was a great evil, or do you imagine otherwise? If this is really to be a moderated forum, I would certainly support banning users espousing slavery or racism and removing their posts, and I would equally support the banning of users and removing posts that slur others as racist. I would call that bullying, and possibly hateful. Don't you agree?
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:471 edit
    Duchess64 thinks her angry anti-Western epithets make "white people" uncomfortable. I don't know about some here, but she rents very little space in my comfort zone.

Additionally, she's never ill at ease when discussion turns to "oriental people". She just rolls with it. Just like soy sauce off of a duck sauce's back. 😀

No hypocrite is she.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:501 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:51
    @no1marauder said
    Virtually any thread Duchy posted in more than a few times would have almost certainly been filled with personal attacks and name calling. It is unfortunate that so many threads will have been lost because of such childish behavior, but fortunately most got saved.

IF the poster wants to maintain "historical discussions", she need only (finally!) adhere to the Posting Guidelines that have always been part of being on RHP.
    Your posts suddenly carry increased gravitas.

It has to be the avatar.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 19:52
    @sleepyguy said
    Posts critical of slavery are a bit pointless, don't you think? Certainly everyone frequenting this forum believes slavery is/was a great evil, or do you imagine otherwise? If this is really to be a moderated forum, I would certainly support banning users espousing slavery or racism and removing their posts, and I would equally support the banning of users and removing posts that slur others as racist. I would call that bullying, and possibly hateful. Don't you agree?
    How many users here do you feel express racist beliefs?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 20:05

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 20:08

11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 20:09
    @kazetnagorra said
    How many users here do you feel express racist beliefs?
    Fewer than you do, I'd imagine. The question though, given the recent Great Purge, is how does throwing around that label further reasoned debate?
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 20:15
    I wonder if "fragile white people" could be added to robomod's vocabulary.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 20:152 edits

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 20:211 edit

15. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 20:251 edit
    "White people", "black people", "brown people" or "oriental people"...it's all the same to me.

What gets my goat are "stupid people".

And so now we can witness the brittle sensitivities of Duchess64's contrarian excuse-machine as they flake off and drop faster than sun-dried paint on a tin shanty.

No "fragilian" she.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree