glenn beck uncovers the truth about evil progressives

glenn beck uncovers the truth about evil progressives

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
23 Aug 10

Originally posted by FMF
But you didn't claim that he made "no meaningful explanation". Why do you think telling lies - across multiple topics and threads, and doing so regularly - in some way enhances the conviction of your opinions?
Ok, in that respect I conceed. Happy?

F

Moves
23 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Ok, in that respect I conceed. Happy?
I am curious as to why, although you seem to want to make this forum your 'home' and you post quite prolifically, you nevertheless state bald falsehoods as some kind of rhetorical device or as an expression of your strength of feeling... or something. Or what? It strikes me as incongruous with wanting to be taken seriously in an arena you take seriously enough to participate in on a regular basis. Why do you do it?

w

Moves
23 Aug 10

Originally posted by FMF
I am curious as to why, although you seem to want to make this forum your 'home' and you post quite prolifically, you nevertheless state bald falsehoods as some kind of rhetorical device or as an expression of your strength or feeling... or something. Or what? It strikes me as incongruous with wanting to be taken seriously in an arena you take seriously enough to participate in on a regular basis. Why do you do it?
Simply put, in this thread I should have been more percise in word usage. As for other threads like the flood in Pakistan, I spoke hastily and without fully researching the matter and when it was subsequently withdrawn. As for threads like the one Hand of Hecate and I were joking around about stinky Iranians, I made the comment in jest that Iran wanted to destroy the west.

My question is why do you single me out instead of others like Hand of Hecate. Any rational human being could see we were simply bantering around.

I have no problem with people questioning what is said on these forums, in fact, everything should be questioned. In addition, just because you have some facts on your side should not remove such questioning. So feel free to continue. 😀

F

Moves
23 Aug 10

Simply put, in this thread I should have been more percise in word usage. As for other threads like the flood in Pakistan, I spoke hastily and without fully researching the matter and when it was subsequently withdrawn.
Lying habitually seems a strange way to draw attention to yourself in what is basically an intellectual playground.

w

Moves
23 Aug 10

Originally posted by FMF
Lying habitually seems a strange way to draw attention to yourself in what is basically an intellectual playground.
I'll tell you what, I will try to be more careful in how I word things and research things more in depth before I speak. Fair enough? In fact, you have mispoken as well. If I recall, you even retracted a word or two.

As for "trusting" anyone on this site, that just seems odd to me. Why should you trust anything anyone says?

F

Moves
23 Aug 10
1 edit

As for "trusting" anyone on this site, that just seems odd to me. Why should you trust anything anyone says?
This may be your philosphy, it's not mine. There are plenty of thought provoking posters here who clearly do not employ misrepresentation and dissembling in the way you do. I trust most people here to present material honestly in their efforts to persuade others. You seem uninterested in doing so nor do you seem interested in trying to command respect. It just strikes me as odd. You post so much. What is the actual purpose of the 'deception' facet in your forum persona?