Gay.....

Gay.....

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Dec 06

I

Moves
25 Dec 06

I believe that being gay is something your born with, you can't choose it, you have to accept it. It isn't how your raised (though that MIGHT be a small factor). That's how people in a very conservative christian family can turn out to be homosexual.

j

Moves
29 Dec 06

A study of Navy Seamen found that the level of testosterone is proportionate to rank, much like the different levels in primate heirachy.
Nothing was said about sexuality, however.

I believe sexuality is not born with, but preference is developed through experience in the culture one grows up in. In Greece young boys where a delicacy, as opposed to modern times.

T

Moves
29 Dec 06

I cant place where i read it but something like 1 in 20 peoples are gay. The statistic crosses all racial and continental barriers. Homosexuality is often observed in the animal kingdom as well.

Besides, who is one person to tell another what to do with there body?

j

CA, USA

Moves
29 Dec 06

First you shave the gerbil.

h

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by Tcell
I cant place where i read it but something like 1 in 20 peoples are gay. The statistic crosses all racial and continental barriers. Homosexuality is often observed in the animal kingdom as well.

Besides, who is one person to tell another what to do with there body?
I agree, unless they are doing the macarena naked in public.

D
incipit parodia

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by homedepotov
I agree, unless they are doing the macarena naked in public.
*puts back on clothes, switches off boombox and slinks away*

jb

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by PIZZA ROLLS
How does it happen that a big family of say about nine children who each experience the same things in life, yet one of them turns out gay? Does this mean being gay is something you are born with, or is it something that happens during life.
People are born with it. There was an issue on the spirituality thread that was similar to this and it turned out to be genetic. It is no more their fault than say scoliosis.

g

Pepperland

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
People are born with it. There was an issue on the spirituality thread that was similar to this and it turned out to be genetic. It is no more their fault than say scoliosis.
agreed.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
Fault is not the issue. People aren't at "fault" for experiences that become ingrained in their subconscious when they're five years old. But I have trouble believing (in fact, I don't believe) that no environmental factors at all are relevant in developing a person's sexuality.

I would believe that there are genetic predispositions that come into play to some extent, though.

g

Pepperland

Moves
01 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by sh76
Fault is not the issue. People aren't at "fault" for experiences that become ingrained in their subconscious when they're five years old. But I have trouble believing (in fact, I don't believe) that no environmental factors at all are relevant in developing a person's sexuality.

I would believe that there are genetic predispositions that come into play to some extent, though.
that no environmental factors at all are relevant in developing a person's sexuality.

do you think an individual could somehow become gay due to outside influence even though he/she was not born gay?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
01 Oct 09
2 edits

Originally posted by generalissimo
[b]that no environmental factors at all are relevant in developing a person's sexuality.

do you think an individual could somehow become gay due to outside influence even though he/she was not born gay?[/b]
I don't think a person's sexuality is fully formed when he or she is conceived or born. And, that applies to all of the various fetishes and paraphilias that exist out there, not just which gender he or she prefers. I would imagine all of them can be formed by some combination of genetic predisposition and/or environmental stimuli.

G

Lagos

Moves
01 Oct 09

Originally posted by bolshevik
I couldn't help noticing that the person who started this thread, Pizza Rolls, made only one move before getting banned from the site. Is that a record ?
Anyone know why he got banned?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Oct 09

This threads nearly three years old?!

Is that record?

jb

Moves
02 Oct 09

Originally posted by sh76

I know one person very well that had no environmental factors such as sexual abuse as a young child that is gay. This person behaved like a girl all throughout his childhood. I don't think it is an intentional behvioral issue here or life style choice. It seems that they are attracted to people of the same sex. It isn't a persons fault that they inherit a genetic trait.