Food and Bees

Food and Bees

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 16

I wonder if the way we are screwing around with GMO if that doesn't affect
Bee's lives?

K

Germany

Moves
05 Oct 16

Not intrinsically.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 16

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Not intrinsically.
Have there been studies how do you know?

K

Germany

Moves
05 Oct 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Have there been studies how do you know?
I know that GMO's cannot intrinsically affect bees because I know what GMO's are and I know what the word "intrinsically" means.

A specific kind of GMO may in specific circumstances affect a specific type of bees.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I know that GMO's cannot intrinsically affect bees because I know what GMO's are and I know what the word "intrinsically" means.

A specific kind of GMO may in specific circumstances affect a specific type of bees.
What got me thinking along these lines are that specific bees are said to be dying off.
It started me wondering if there were in the areas these bees live an abundance of GMO
and in areas these bees were not dying off are GMO not there in the same amounts?

P

Moves
05 Oct 16

I did a google scholar search which pulls up more reliable science than a google search. Yes, there is evidence GMOs adversly affect bees.

http://healingmindn.com/personal/GMOs_DeathoftheBees.pdf

K

Germany

Moves
05 Oct 16

Originally posted by Phranny
I did a google scholar search which pulls up more reliable science than a google search. Yes, there is evidence GMOs adversly affect bees.

Not actually a journal article though.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 16

Originally posted by Phranny

Thank you!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 16

I put this discussion in the Science forum as Bee lives matter.
I should have put it there to begin with.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Oct 16

What got me thinking along these lines are that specific bees are said to be dying off.
It started me wondering if there were in the areas these bees live an abundance of GMO
and in areas these bees were not dying off are GMO not there in the same amounts?
No, no, and no.

The culprit here is certain kinds of neonicotinoids.

According to Wikipedia:
"In the late 1990s neonicotinoids came under increasing scrutiny over their environmental impacts. Neonicotinoid use was linked in a range of studies to adverse ecological effects, including honey-bee colony collapse disorder (CCD) and loss of birds due to a reduction in insect populations. In 2013, the European Union and a few non EU countries restricted the use of certain neonicotinoids."

Bayer (yes, that Bayer) is the largest manufacturer of these kinds of pesticides.

And conservatives like you want to remove all regulation on corporations. Without regulation, I doubt if any honeybees would be left in North America.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
No, no, and no.

The culprit here is certain kinds of neonicotinoids.

According to Wikipedia:
"In the late 1990s neonicotinoids came under increasing scrutiny over their environmental impacts. Neonicotinoid use was linked in a range of studies to adverse ecological effects, including honey-bee colony collapse disorder (CCD) and loss of birds due to a ...[text shortened]... n on corporations. Without regulation, I doubt if any honeybees would be left in North America.
Why in the world would you spout off with "conservatives like you" I have no opinion about
any of this. Brand new topic for me...if it were not for a niece of mine I'd more than likely
just ignored it all together.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Oct 16

Why in the world would you spout off with "conservatives like you" I have no opinion about
any of this. Brand new topic for me...if it were not for a niece of mine I'd more than likely
just ignored it all together.
Ok, tell us then, what is your opinion of regulation on corporations?

I just merely tried to get directly to my point since most republicans think regulation stifles business and should therefore be abolished. Screw the honeybees, right? And while we're at it, who needs safe, potable water in Flint, MI? And oh, yeah, there's no such thing as global warming, right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Oct 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Ok, tell us then, what is your opinion of regulation on corporations?

I just merely tried to get directly to my point since most republicans think regulation stifles business and should therefore be abolished. Screw the honeybees, right? And while we're at it, who needs safe, potable water in Flint, MI? And oh, yeah, there's no such thing as global warming, right?
Fine you lump all Republicans together as group thinkers.

w

Moves
06 Oct 16

I wonder if the way we are screwing around with GMO if that doesn't affect
Bee's lives?
No doubt, Monsanto and the Prog political machine are probably trying to kill off bees so that nothing will grow except what they pollinate themselves.

That might give them a monopoly on food for the rest of eternity.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Oct 16

Originally posted by whodey
No doubt, Monsanto and the Prog political machine are probably trying to kill off bees so that nothing will grow except what they pollinate themselves.

That might give them a monopoly on food for the rest of eternity.
"Monsanto and the Progs".

What have you been smoking?

Corporation worship is part and parcel of the political right, pinhead.