Decision Points by George W. Bush

Decision Points by George W. Bush

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JWB

Moves
11 Dec 10

George W. Bush's autobiography 'Decision Points' is interesting and pretty impressive. I wonder what the writing process was exactly - interviews/talks transcribed and cleaned up, or some role for a ghostwriter or co-writer? He reads it himself on the audiobook version. Works a treat. Enjoyable.

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather pointedly diminished as we have proceeded further and further into the Obama presidency.

Anyone have an opinion on what effect this autobiography might have on his legacy?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 Dec 10

Why did FMF leave the site?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Dec 10

Originally posted by John W Booth
Anyone have an opinion on what effect this autobiography might have on his legacy?
Just more people will pronounce it "Nucular".

JWB

Moves
11 Dec 10

Originally posted by Palynka
He's probably still here but using a different screen name.

w

Moves
11 Dec 10

Originally posted by Palynka
God became angry at FMF for his leftist arguments and sent a volcano after him. 😛

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
11 Dec 10

Bush jr is an interesting one, from his family history onward I feel as if I know the guy, I don;t and I wouldn't want to...I'll have to source that book to see what possible tosh 'he's' got to say for himself, ' never know, it might illuminate without intending to do so..no, I'm not a 'lefty' and not a 'righty' and not trying to devalue a national figure based upon nationality alone, just trying to understand an extremely privileged individual with the charm 'input' akin to that of a carrot, so no smarm is necessary 😛

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
11 Dec 10

George W. Bush's autobiography 'Decision Points' is interesting and pretty impressive. I wonder what the writing process was exactly - interviews/talks transcribed and cleaned up, or some role for a ghostwriter or co-writer? He reads it himself on the audiobook version. Works a treat. Enjoyable.

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather ...[text shortened]... idency.

It should be sold in the Fiction section.

T

Moves
12 Dec 10
2 edits

He's probably still here but using a different screen name.
Yeah, but why would he do that? It would be kind of disappointing for those who used to enjoy his wit and wisdom. Forget those leftist arguments; perhaps God sent the volcano to punish him for using a different screen name!

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10

Originally posted by CliffLandin
It should be sold in the Fiction section.
The same can be said for almost all political autobiographies. But the spin, explanations, selectivity, inclusions and omissions in these kinds of books are surely authentic 'evidence' in the political domain. Bush's candor in his book is interesting. People who have bashed him - and who hasn't? - should find this book interesting.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
12 Dec 10

Originally posted by Teinosuke
Yeah, but why would he do that? It would be kind of disappointing for those who used to enjoy his wit and wisdom. Forget those leftist arguments; perhaps God sent the volcano to punish him for using a different screen name!
lol, excellent...

w

Moves
12 Dec 10

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather pointedly diminished as we have proceeded further and further into the Obama presidency.
MIss me yet? 😵

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
12 Dec 10
2 edits

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather ...[text shortened]... idency.

I very much doubt George W Bush wrote that book without A LOT of help, just as I very much doubt he wrote that Masters thesis at Yale for his MBA without a lot of help... "W" is not that smart!😏

K

Germany

Moves
12 Dec 10

Originally posted by bill718
I very much doubt George W Bush wrote that book without A LOT of help, just as I very much doubt he wrote that Masters thesis at Yale for his MBA without a lot of help... "W" is not that smart!😏
Bush is definitely not very smart (nor very stupid), but you don't have to be smart to get an MBA at Yale, you just need a wad of cash and some free time.