1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 07:14
    @no1marauder said
    There was a large study conducted in July which suggested that around 9% of the US population has had COVID-19 at some point. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32009-2/fulltext

At that point around 150,000 deaths had been attributed to COVID19 in the US.

That gives a ballpark figure of an IFR of about .5% though excess death figures ...[text shortened]... ity" ("herd mentality" to King Donald), the US would have to accept at least a million COVID deaths.
    The Lancet was used to falsely discredit HCQ with fraudulent data. They are known to spread disinformation that serves big pharma. They are a propaganda tool.

The US over counts C19 deaths.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 07:59
    @no1marauder said
    Go run in front of a train if you feel like that.

Most people are in favor of public policies that reduce the risk of death to their fellow humans.
    While I forget the amount, I remember watching an inquest into a road death on a particular stretch of road in NZ. The question was asked " how much is a life worth and without a moments hesitation an answer was given. A $ value. I was proud of his unashamed honesty.
    During this Virus outbreak many many many times the usual amount, per theoretical life saved, has been spent. That money could have been used to save a far greater number of lives if spent on other health care measures. I am not a "do nothing" advocate but lockdowns. Use with care, I say.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:371 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I don’t believe you.
    And even if I did it’s still not “deadly” which is just a fear mongers adjective.

Deadly deadly deadly wooohhhhh 😈
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:39
    @shavixmir said
    IT IS NOT ABOUT DEATH RATES!

How many bloody times do I have to repeat this?

The destructive capability of Covid-19 is as I’ve already posted: left unchecked it will bugger the complete structure of society and thus the complete economy and lead to panic.

Look how hard it is for you to take this in.
    Hence that governments are using (in my opinion unwisely) the simplified message.
    No, it won’t.

Locking millions of people away, shutting down businesses and disabling economies is what will do the most harm.

The vast vast vast majority of people will get COVID19 with mild or no symptoms.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:43
    @shavixmir said
    It is classified as a deadly virus, my grumpy little non-believer.

Deadly means: is capable of killing.
    Is influenza “classified” as deadly? That kills millions of people every year.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:44
    @shavixmir said

However, forget terminology, focus on what I’m telling you: the death rate has nothing to do with the measures being taken.
    What are you on about?
    The death rate is directly linked to the measures taken.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:46
    @no1marauder said
    Over a million people have died from this disease already this year.

Your claim it isn't "deadly" is ridiculous.
    Your use of “deadly disease” in almost every post where you are trying to defend the overkill restrictions ...for a disease which we have all been told time and time again kills a tiny proportion of the population ... is what is ridiculous.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:491 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Yes, we have.

And you continue to be dishonest about it by calling the facts I pointed out a "conspiracy theory". As I've already said, a "conspiracy" is a secret plan to do something unlawful and harmful. It's no secret that the UK changed its criteria by only counting COVID deaths that occur within 28 days of a positive test; it's right on their official websites. ...[text shortened]... ll certainly lead to more sickness and deaths in the misguided belief that it will help the economy.
    As I’ve said to you previously; you are bent out of shape because the data reporting continues to be refined but in a way which is incongruent with your “deadly” mindset.

Had the data reporting be reset in a way which increased the death rate you would be rolling around like a puppy in a fresh pile of poo.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:531 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Most people are in favor of public policies that reduce the risk of death to their fellow humans.
    Most people are in favour of policies which enable a balanced strategic approach to healthcare.

Millions of people in their 80s die all the time of influenza and no one bats a frigging eye. The average age of death from COVID19 in the uk is 82.4 and is higher than the average death overall.

People die when they get old, it’s sad but it’s a fact of life. Preventing this by disabling global economies and impacting the wellbeing of populations for generations is utter lunacy and it is of no surprise to me that it’s the hard-left-minded who want to see the economic world burn!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 08:57
    @metal-brain said
    It makes perfect sense. If you mismanaged the economy and caused a huge mess would you want to take the blame for it? This is scapegoating 101.
    Remember how the big banks who caused the crisis were bailed out? What does that tell you? This world is controlled by a banking cartel. The bubble was about to pop and those that are to blame for it would rather you think it is ...[text shortened]... ol-AI-chips-alter-persons-moods.html

https://censoredbyjack.com/watch?id=5f4d56c5838dfb0597dd8187
    Give it a rest.

There is no Illuminati gathered around in power-covens designing global catastrophes
    There is no global conspiracy by a group of unseen dark overlords trying to take your freedom sticks away

There is disease, there are pandemics and there associated cock ups.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 09:061 edit
    @divegeester said
    Give it a rest.

There is no Illuminati gathered around in power-covens designing global catastrophes
    There is no global conspiracy by a group of unseen dark overlords trying to take your freedom sticks away

There is disease, there are pandemics and there associated cock ups.
    So you believe governments are honestly trying to save lives? If they wanted to save lives they would recommend an adequate amount of selenium in our diets.

https://www.pharmanord.com/news/selenium-fights-viral-infections

The fact they do not recommend selenium in our diets proves they are not putting a priority on saving lives. Their priority is to maximize the death count to foster fear.

Government typically does not put a priority on human lives. If it did the auto speed limit would be 40 MPH. We all know that would save lives, but getting places quickly is more important than saving lives.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 09:122 edits
    @metal-brain said
    So you believe governments are honestly trying to save lives?
    No, I believe governments are trying to save their jobs. All of them.

I believe the left want power and the best way to wrench power from Conservatives is to disable the economy. No conservative government will hold power with the economy in tatters. At least not for long.

Look at Churchill after WWll. Amazing job in the “crisis” out of power next election.

Saving lives? No all this rhetoric about saving lives, including this forum and this thread, is about gaining political power.

#deadlydisease
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 09:171 edit
    @divegeester said
    No, I believe governments are trying to save their jobs. All of them.

I believe the left want power and the best way to wrench power from Conservatives is to disable the economy. No conservative government will hold power with the economy in tatters. At least not for long.

Look at Churchill after WWll. Amazing job in the “crisis” out of power next election.

Sa ...[text shortened]... rhetoric about saving lives, including this forum and this thread, is about gaining political power.
    Okay, so you have a conspiracy theory that consists of democrats conspiring to hurt the economy to get Trump out of power.

Conspiracy theories are always ridiculous until you have one of your own. Is psychological projection habitual with you?

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/10/24/how-deadly-is-covid-19/
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 11:371 edit
    Please, please, let us have an understanding here.

It's not so much how dangerous COVID is if you catch it, it's how contagious it is.

If some virus gave you a rash and killed only 1 in 1 million but was as contagious as COVID,
    it would still be a major world wide problem. Hope this adds a little explanation.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 11:44
    @divegeester said
    What are you on about?
    The death rate is directly linked to the measures taken.
    Nope. It is not.
    I’ve repeated this 10 times or more: the death rate has squat diddley to do with the measures being taken.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree