1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 01:35
    @no1marauder said
    No it won't. People don't act "normally" during a deadly pandemic; they tend to reduce their exposure to others which depresses consumer spending which generally accounts for around 75% of GDP. So if the pandemic isn't brought under control it will continue to have negative effects on the world economy.
    Yes it will.

It’s not a “deadly” pandemic. You keep using this word as though it adds weight to your opinionated arguments, it doesn’t.

Circa 99.9% of people who get COVID-19 survive it.
    It’s NOT a “deadly” pandemic, you just sound silly when you say stuff like this.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 01:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 03:021 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I am with Divegeester on this one. That is if you can believe the WHO.They claim that 10% of the world population has or has had this virus. That is 780,000,000 people. remember that most do not even know they had it. as of today less that 1,200,000 deaths that is 0.15%. But it does not stop there, that is 0.15% that have died "with" the virus, not "of". I saw studies some time ago that claimed that only 6-7% of those died "of" assuming, for simplicity sake, as high as 10% died "of", that gives a "real" fatality rate of only 0.015%. that gives it a survival rate of 99.85%. but then I do not always agree with the WHO. and Divegeester was being cautious. it is not as bad as he stated.
    Even going of your data and 2.67% dying "with" the virus, only 0.267% have died "from" it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 03:592 edits

5. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 04:41
    ideological?? I said I do not always agree with the WHO. So what part of my post was ideological??
    Yes, deaths may be under-reported but I doubt by as much as they are over identified. "with" not "from".
    And scarcity of testing??? not in most western countries.
    All I am saying is the 1% Divegeester mentioned is a lot more likely than 2.67%
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 04:50

7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 05:04
    @sh76 said
    It's a moot point since in actual history, we did not adopt that strategy (Sweden kinda did, but that's another story).

The big problem now is that governments are still assuming that COVID has as much destructive potential as it did in March. That is unscientific and belied by the reality that the infection fatality rates have plummeted all over.

Whether locking down in M ...[text shortened]... e, I'll reconsider. Until then, high-cost anti-COVID measures are counterproductive and unnecessary.
    IT IS NOT ABOUT DEATH RATES!

How many bloody times do I have to repeat this?

The destructive capability of Covid-19 is as I’ve already posted: left unchecked it will bugger the complete structure of society and thus the complete economy and lead to panic.

Look how hard it is for you to take this in.
    Hence that governments are using (in my opinion unwisely) the simplified message.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 05:08
    @divegeester said
    Yes it will.

It’s not a “deadly” pandemic. You keep using this word as though it adds weight to your opinionated arguments, it doesn’t.

It’s NOT a “deadly” pandemic, you just sound silly when you say stuff like this.
    It is classified as a deadly virus, my grumpy little non-believer.

Deadly means: is capable of killing.

And Covid-19 most certainly is.

However, forget terminology, focus on what I’m telling you: the death rate has nothing to do with the measures being taken.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 05:08
    Still did not answer, oh well,
    Try this one, what is your take on China's reported rate.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 05:40
    @divegeester said
    Yes it will.

Over a million people have died from this disease already this year.

Your claim it isn't "deadly" is ridiculous.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 05:43
    @no1marauder said
    Over a million people have died from this disease already this year.

Your claim it isn't "deadly" is ridiculous.
    life is deadly, last I heard it has a 100% death rate. And many of those deaths are babies and infants, go figure.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 05:50
    @divegeester said
    Yes because it was wrong. Now it is closer to being correct.

I’m aware that you don’t like this but unless you are saying there is a conspiracy by the uk government to manipulate the data then you don’t really have a point.

We’ve been over this.
    Yes, we have.

And you continue to be dishonest about it by calling the facts I pointed out a "conspiracy theory". As I've already said, a "conspiracy" is a secret plan to do something unlawful and harmful. It's no secret that the UK changed its criteria by only counting COVID deaths that occur within 28 days of a positive test; it's right on their official websites.

That there is no scientific or medical justification to do so is clear so therefore why was it done? So people like you can make disingenuous arguments about the paucity of COVID deaths (though they are sharply escalating even with this statistical funny business) when encouraging public policy which will certainly lead to more sickness and deaths in the misguided belief that it will help the economy.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 05:531 edit
    @jimmac said
    life is deadly, last I heard it has a 100% death rate. And many of those deaths are babies and infants, go figure.
    Go run in front of a train if you feel like that.

Most people are in favor of public policies that reduce the risk of death to their fellow humans.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 06:25
    There was a large study conducted in July which suggested that around 9% of the US population has had COVID-19 at some point. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32009-2/fulltext

At that point around 150,000 deaths had been attributed to COVID19 in the US.

That gives a ballpark figure of an IFR of about .5% though excess death figures strongly suggest the US undercounts its COVID deaths.

Even accepting such a number, it suggests that to reach the 60-70% level thought a minimum to achieve "herd immunity" ("herd mentality" to King Donald), the US would have to accept at least a million COVID deaths.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 07:071 edit
    @divegeester said
    You realise this makes no sense don’t you?

If the world economy was “ready to crash” then let it crash, why invent or create a virus?

But what you seem to be saying in a confused way, is that COVID-19 has been produced to accelerate the decline of a dying global economy ... then what?
    It makes perfect sense. If you mismanaged the economy and caused a huge mess would you want to take the blame for it? This is scapegoating 101.
    Remember how the big banks who caused the crisis were bailed out? What does that tell you? This world is controlled by a banking cartel. The bubble was about to pop and those that are to blame for it would rather you think it is because of SARS2 instead of them.

SARS2 was probably an accidental escape, not a deliberate release. It may have came from Fort Detrick, covered up and blamed on China. That would explain why there are so many cases here in the USA. Testing probably just slowly revealed what has been here since Sept. 2019

5G is for a digital cashless transfer with cell phones. Finland already does that. They use their phones to pay for almost everything. Vaccines contain aluminum so it is easy to sneak other micro tech stuff in vaccines. Since everyone has a smart phone that will be used to control the nano tech devices in your body. They can then be used to control your body. This technology exists. It is not sci-fi anymore. We are in a new age.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5120441/Mind-control-AI-chips-alter-persons-moods.html

https://censoredbyjack.com/watch?id=5f4d56c5838dfb0597dd8187

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree