1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 13:26
    @suzianne said
    You made $12 million last year?

Funny how conservatives on the internet say these kinds of things, while they can't spell or write proper grammar to save their lives.

Sorry, obvious redneck Trump supporters are obvious.
    No. It’s OK, tho, libs really never get it. Maybe u can tell us what fair share is.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 13:31
    @kazetnagorra said
    AverageJoe1 has rich imagination when it comes to his own experiences, it seems.
    See response to Suzianne, who, too, didn’t get the point. It is easy to see who are new at debate.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 21:02
    @no1marauder said
    To some extent all human value judgments are arbitrary (including yours) but humans in their Natural State were egalitarian and emphatic and those characteristics still seem to predominate in our Nature. https://www.nature.com/articles/nature05651
    Took a look at your link and it does zero to back your case. For a start it's a game with no real world consequences, it'd be like asking left whingers how generous they are on an anonymous message board.

But the most important factor. Were the participants forced to take part? The only way to observe man's true nature is when he acts free from force. To see true benevolence, to see true egalitarian motives, there's only one way.

And you sure aren't going to like the answer.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 21:061 edit
    @wajoma said
    Took a look at your link and it does zero to back your case. For a start it's a game with no real world consequences, it'd be like asking left whingers how generous they are on an anonymous message board.

But the most important factor. Were the participants forced to take part? The only way to observe man's true nature is when he acts free from force. To see true benevol ...[text shortened]... see true egalitarian motives, there's only one way.

And you sure aren't going to like the answer.
    Move them all to your non-existent Fairy Tale World?

When Man was "free from force" i.e. in the Natural State he organized himself into small bands marked by extreme egalitarianism.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 21:143 edits
    @zahlanzi said
    bwhahahahahahaha

just recently i apologized to suzianne for calling you a moron/ashole admitting that most likely in the future you will say something so monumentally stupid that i couldn't abstain from doing the same.

i had no idea how soon that will happen.

25000 amazon workers making 100k a year.
    you are absolutely hilarious. Thank you for this. Best joke i heard this week.
    It was reported that the average salary of the 25k workers was $100k per year. The total taxable income is simply the average salary by the number of workers. That's the simplicity, and the beautiful deception given by the mathematical construct of "arithmetic average". What he said, although somewhat poorly, was indeed correct for the argument he was making. They are giving up 2.5 billion in taxable income. Another thing to note is these were "headquarter" positions, not factory positions. So they would indeed have a higher than average salary in the corporate structure.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/13/amazon-will-pay-hq2-employees-150000-dollars-that-goes-further-in-nashville.html
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 21:34
    @no1marauder said
    Move them all to your non-existent Fairy Tale World?

When Man was "free from force" i.e. in the Natural State he organized himself into small bands marked by extreme egalitarianism.
    Yes No1, you're making my point with your edit, thank you.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 23:05
    @wajoma said
    Like I said:

Out of their ass.
    No1 said:
    "In the instant case, few people would agree that a fair amount of taxes on a corporation (a business form that exists only because of positive law) that is worth over a trillion dollars and made over $11 billion last year in profit is zero."

No, NOT "out of his ass".

Here's the article about that (if you can actually read).

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-taxes-zero-180337770.html
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 23:21
    @Suzianne
    I heard on CNN they not only paid zero tax but got 120 MILLION in refunds!
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 14:10
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne
    I heard on CNN they not only paid zero tax but got 120 MILLION in refunds!
    Consider your source before spreading that information. The Herald has determined that CNN is 'top of the list' for Fake News. Yuk. So, it is likely not true. We have limited time in our busy lives,( here at our US-made computers that the Netherlanders are using at this moment) so no need trying to disseminate truth from fake news of CNN. Can you quote someone else?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 14:18
    @averagejoe1 said
    Consider your source before spreading that information. The Herald has determined that CNN is 'top of the list' for Fake News. Yuk. So, it is likely not true. We have limited time in our busy lives,( here at our US-made computers that the Netherlanders are using at this moment) so no need trying to disseminate truth from fake news of CNN. Can you quote someone else?
    http://fortune.com/2019/02/14/amazon-doesnt-pay-federal-taxes-2019/
  11. Germany
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 14:25
    @averagejoe1 said
    ASML is a Dutch company and currently the largest supplier in the world of photolithography systems for the semiconductor industry. The company manufactures machines for the production of integrated circuits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASML_Holding
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 15:10
    @kazetnagorra said
    ASML is a Dutch company and currently the largest supplier in the world of photolithography systems for the semiconductor industry. The company manufactures machines for the production of integrated circuits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASML_Holding
    .........the genius, schematics, amazement, entrepreneurship, 24/7 improvements of which were derived totally from the creativity of the United States of America. Your are 'start up' companies, after the fact, if you will. I will admit, however to owning a pair of ice skates invented in Netherlands.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 16:05
    @wajoma said
    Yes No1, you're making my point with your edit, thank you.
    Not really, since you are an ardent supporter of capitalism and private property which was instituted by force and must be maintained by force. In our Natural State the idea that an individual could own land he wasn't possessing was unknown nor could he compel others to work for him or face starvation because all natural resources had already been divvied up to private owners.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 16:25
    @averagejoe1 said
    .........the genius, schematics, amazement, entrepreneurship, 24/7 improvements of which were derived totally from the creativity of the United States of America. Your are 'start up' companies, after the fact, if you will. I will admit, however to owning a pair of ice skates invented in Netherlands.
    The design and manufacture of computers involves a multi-layered, world-wide network, building upon centuries of development and research from all over the world.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't speak.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 18:03
    @kazetnagorra said
    The design and manufacture of computers involves a multi-layered, world-wide network, building upon centuries of development and research from all over the world.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't speak.
    Got it. So your people didn’t wake up one day and say, “” my god, do you see what Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have done !! ??!! Can you believe this?!? I am leaving tomorrow (on a Delta jet) to America!! We have got to get their machines, take ‘em apart (like the Chinese do to our inventions...stealing. Downer.) I’ll send a crate of them (by FedEx!) as soon as I can!!”⛸⛸

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree