1. Germany
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 18:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    Got it. So your people didn’t wake up one day and say, “” my god, do you see what Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have done !! ??!! Can you believe this?!? I am leaving tomorrow (on a Delta jet) to America!! We have got to get their machines, take ‘em apart (like the Chinese do to our inventions...stealing. Downer.) I’ll send a crate of them (by FedEx!) as soon as I can!!”⛸⛸
    ...no, and neither Gates nor Jobs ever designed computers.

If you're going to mention the achievements of Americans when it comes to computing, you should mention Bardeen, not Gates or Jobs. Not that it matters to me on what patch of dirt someone was born.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 18:51
    @kazetnagorra said
    ...no, and neither Gates nor Jobs ever designed computers.

If you're going to mention the achievements of Americans when it comes to computing, you should mention Bardeen, not Gates or Jobs. Not that it matters to me on what patch of dirt someone was born.
    OK, I grant you Bardeen (an American BTW, which further shores up my point). I did make a not-so-nice comment, a few paragraphs back, that Netherlanders use a Lot of stuff invented by our society here in the US. That’s a fact. But again, we have here a lib who convolutes this simple undeniable fact by using Obama reasoning....’Hey ,,,uhh,,uh, you didn’t build that..” Folks, our buddy Kazetnagorra is simply saying , which is true, some guy invented little things like transistors that gates pulled out of a drawer, he wired it with a 251 Capacitor in his mother’s coffee can and invented what we are all using today. Katz, that is quite a stretch. So, you just don’t give much shrift to me that Gates and Jobs changed the world....so that we can have all this fun ribbing each other. Even Suzanne has fun, tho most of it goes right over her head!!!
    For the record, regarding design, the MAIN thing other than marketing that Jobs did was INDEED design. For the computer case, he went to appliance stores to copy perfectly sealed encasements of hair blowers,microwaves, whatever. No screws. He hated screws.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree