1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:10
    @mott-the-hoople said
    No he doesnt want to make it illegal…stop your lying

Thomas simply commented that what it is ruled on is UNCONSTITUTIONAL…substantive due process…its simply not in the constitution
    By saying the right for gays to get married is unconstitutional he's saying states should make it illegal if they want; that gay marriage should not be a right.

Thomas wants to overturn the right of gays to married; not just that, he thinks laws banning criminal prosecution of gay relationships should also be overturned. In other words, he wants it to be illegal.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:11
    @vivify said
    By saying the right for gays to get married is unconstitutional he's saying states should make it illegal if they want; that gay marriage should not be a right.

Thomas wants to overturn the right of gays to married; not just that, he thinks laws banning criminal prosecution of gay relationships should also be overturned. In other words, he wants it to be illegal.
    Interesting choice to not include interracial marriage in the list of things he wants outlawed.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:151 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "So ANYTHING not in the constitution is up for grabs as far as that evil cabal of ultrarightwingers on SCOTUS,"

Yes you dumbass, if it is NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION, the 10th amendment clearly gives those rights to the STATES

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    "Concealed carry" isn't in the constitution either, but the conservatives have no problem dipping their toe in that pot, insofar as States are prohibited by SCOTUS from making laws limiting something that isn't in the Constitution.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:341 edit
    @wildgrass said
    "Concealed carry" isn't in the constitution either, but the conservatives have no problem dipping their toe in that pot, insofar as States are prohibited by SCOTUS from making laws limiting something that isn't in the Constitution.
    The Constitution also says nothing about handguns, automatic weapons, etc. It says "right to bear arms" not "right to bear any arms".

By Mott's logic, it should be legal to ban any type of firearm so long as access to at least one type remains.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:36
    @vivify said

He dissented in both cases so really this is a "dog bites man" story.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:381 edit
    @no1marauder said
    He dissented in both cases so really this is a "dog bites man" story.
    Except (of course) to Mott who needed to be informed.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:46
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Considering there always were and always WILL be gays, it has nothing to do with morality, it is an unbreakable part of human existence and to think otherwise puts anyone thinking that squarely back in the tenth century and OF COURSE you will just accuse me of being gay because just to show that FACT in your mind would prove that my political agenda is to keep same sex relations legal.
    Which it is even though I am not gay, so don't even go there.
    I don't want the US to go back two hundred years with this BS religious right takeover of SCOTUS and their sights set on taking over all three branches of government and allowing states to have their own electors and kick out the actual votes of the people so they can complete the takeover permanently of the US, ending democracy here. And of course ALL that will be just fine with you and the rest of your zombie buddies.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 15:59
    @sonhouse said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Considering there always were and always WILL be gays, it has nothing to do with morality, it is an unbreakable part of human existence and to think otherwise puts anyone thinking that squarely back in the tenth century and OF COURSE you will just accuse me of being gay because just to show that FACT in your mind would prove that my political agenda is to k ...[text shortened]... mocracy here. And of course ALL that will be just fine with you and the rest of your zombie buddies.
    Saddam Hussein had a more secular society than we do.
    If The Muslims prohibited abortion, would we be in this state?...I think not.
    Separation of Church and state............. IS IN THE CONSTITUTION.
    Home of the free?.................'Oh, the irony.'
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_abortion
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 19:10
    @shavixmir said
    Well, it’s very clear what has to happen.
    6 conservative judges have to be hanged, drawn and quartered. Or just killed… whatever…

Then Biden can appoint 6 new ones. And put the middle-ages behind America.
    C'mon, Shav. Don't talk like that
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 19:11
    @suzianne said
    Hey, if YOU want to treat them special, be my guest. But all they're asking for is "EQUAL treatment under the law".
    I personally have a hard time giving racists and bigots equal *anything* under anything. So, P!ss off
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 19:14
    @AverageJoe1 - Remember, though, that the definition of 'equal' or 'equitable' has a different definition in the lib world.

Absolutely right, AJoe

slo-mo Suzie has no clue,., she still thinks that the stink-bigots of the lunatical left are looking for EQUAL.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 19:271 edit
    @vivify said
    This has nothing to do with anything. A Supreme Court judge wants to deny gays the right to marry or to even have relationships, which would be a gross violation of civil rights.
    Vivify, that is not right and you know it. C'mon, man.

The judges have said that such things are not in the SJC's aegis which means the state or federal legislatures take over
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 19:35
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Vivify, that is not right and you know it. C'mon, may.

The judges have said that such things are not in the SJC's aegis which means the state or federal legislatures take over
    And what do you think would happen then?
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 19:35
    @sonhouse said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    So ANYTHING not in the constitution is up for grabs as far as that evil cabal of ultrarightwingers on SCOTUS, the decisions they are after have nothing to do with law OR the constitution, just out in the open religious right wing politics which is EXACTLY what this latest attack on women's rights are and that is only the beginning and you and the rest of th ...[text shortened]... world stage but of course you and all the rest of your zombie crowd could care less about that also.
    Hey, man. You just did a number and you *didn't* blame @Trump

wowzers 😛
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jun '22 19:41
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "So ANYTHING not in the constitution is up for grabs as far as that evil cabal of ultrarightwingers on SCOTUS,"

Yes you dumbass, if it is NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION, the 10th amendment clearly gives those rights to the STATES

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    well done, @Mott

this is why gay rights, trans rights etc. cannot be adjudicated at the SJC level, those issues are not covered in the constitution

I wish the slo-mos would try to understand

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree