1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 23:581 edit
    I don't think it's because we have higher taxes, but it certainly undermines the conservative talking points that California is outpacing Texas in jobs (even with the jumps in prices of oil). Yes, we do have more educated workers, and yes we do have more venture capital (but I'm not sure anybody is investing it).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-29/california-defies-lower-tax-texas-in-creating-more-jobs.html
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 00:12
    213 REPRESENT
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 01:44
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    213 REPRESENT
    ????
  4. Germany
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 05:55
    No one with any intention of actually checking real-world data will believe that lowering taxes will, in general, create jobs. Though it certainly can, depending on which government expenses you cut in order to cut taxes, and whose taxes you cut. Likewise, a tax hike can create jobs.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 08:54
    While Texas may not be creating jobs, they are (with partial Federal funding) putting boats with machine guns in the Rio Grande.

Can having a job really compare to having super machine gun boats?!
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 09:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    While Texas may not be creating jobs, they are (with partial Federal funding) putting boats with machine guns in the Rio Grande.

Can having a job really compare to having super machine gun boats?!
    What if your job was plying up and down the Rio Grande behind a really big machine gun mounted on a really fast speed boat, or have the Mexicans taken all them jobs?
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    No one with any intention of actually checking real-world data will believe that lowering taxes will, in general, create jobs. Though it certainly can, depending on which government expenses you cut in order to cut taxes, and whose taxes you cut. Likewise, a tax hike can create jobs.
    Yes, if you tailor the cuts to specific investments. Payroll tax cuts for instance, but Republicans don't like those - at least not when a Democrat is in power.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree