1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 13:57
    @teinosuke said
    Not really. Mr Johnson and Mr Farage clearly wanted to be outside the EU because it isn't corrupt enough for their tastes.
    I kind of think it was whatablutism.
    I’ve seen whataboutism before and your post definitely looked like it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 13:591 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    No dive it’s a reality check there’s a lot worse than a tipsy Eurocrat out there and finding trade deals means we are going to have to offer some aspects of our sovereignty to some or all of them.
    Trade deals are never just about trade.
    Junker was a lying sexist gravy-train riding pig. I’ve been saying it for years and saying what about so-and-so is whataboutism.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 13:59
    @shavixmir said
    Spot on.
    Dodge on more like.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 14:35
    @divegeester said
    Wrong again.

The alerts were cancelled.
    Indeed. A human mod comes along and realizes the automod was over sensitive.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 14:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Indeed. A human mod comes along and realizes the automod was over sensitive.
    So auto mod alerted the same post twice? LOL.

For which words exactly?
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 16:532 edits
    @divegeester said
    Junker was a lying sexist gravy-train riding pig. I’ve been saying it for years and saying what about so-and-so is whataboutism.
    Stop hiding behind the most misused phrase on this forum ( your the biggest perpetrator BTW ).
    It’s not whataboutism if the criticism / example is like for like. British politics is full of “lying sexist gravy-train riding pig”s so your point is moot if your arguing that we are better off trading one for the other on that basis. You should stick with the solid ground of Sovereignty ( unless we are trying to get a trade deal of course ) then sovereignty is up for grabs but at least it’s ours to sell.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 17:041 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Stop hiding behind the most misused phrase on this forum ( your the biggest perpetrator BTW ).
    It’s not whataboutism if the criticism / example is like for like. British politics is full of “lying sexist gravy-train riding pig”s so your point is moot if your arguing that we are better off trading one for the other on that basis. You should stick with the solid ground of Sov ...[text shortened]... ing to get a trade deal of course ) then sovereignty is up for grabs but at least it’s ours to sell.
    Kev, I might be many things but I don’t “hide” mate. Junker represented everything I hate about the EU, his slovenliness in work ethic, his dishonesty, his obscene salary etc.

But you are correct, I’m just railing on about because I loathed him and what he stood for. I should stick to sovereignty and the issues.

I’ll not expect to read any of you europhiles railing on about Farage then.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 17:14
    @divegeester said
    Kev, I might be many things but I don’t “hide” mate. Junker represented everything I hate about the EU, his slovenliness in work ethic, his dishonesty, his obscene salary etc.

But you are correct, I’m just railing on about because I loathed him and what he stood for. I should stick to sovereignty and the issues.

I’ll not expect to read any of you europhiles railing on about Farage then.
    I will. The man is a total @€@“?&-hole.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 17:53
    @divegeester said
    So auto mod alerted the same post twice? LOL.

For which words exactly?
    Who cares.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 18:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Who cares.
    Why would they be alerted?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 19:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Who cares.
    You presumably, since it was you who raised it with me on the previous page.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 19:10
    @shavixmir said
    I will. The man is a total @€@“?&-hole.
    Good for you, and don’t listen to any whataboutism resistance.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 20:32
    @shavixmir said
    Why would they be alerted?
    The automod is a blunt instrument.

If an innocuous post is alerted, a misconstruing automod is usually responsible.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Nov '20 04:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The automod is a blunt instrument.

If an innocuous post is alerted, a misconstruing automod is usually responsible.
    Automod, by the way, sounds like a baby being born that looks like Paul Weller...
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Nov '20 08:53
    @shavixmir said
    Automod, by the way, sounds like a baby being born that looks like Paul Weller...
    😆

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree