1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 09:25
    @sh76 said
    ===He falsified his visa application and lied about his covid status by swapping / reversing the dates of his positive and negative test results according to the serial numbers.===

That all may be true, but the public statements of the officials have not harped on that as the reason he was expelled. He was expelled because he contradicted the political position of the Australian government.
    Well they probably do want the multi millionaires toady lawyers dragging them through the courts for defamation, his take on it is that it was an honest mistake but the grown ups know what happened.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 09:301 edit
    @sh76 said
    The crazy thing is that reading between the lines, I really don't think Djokovic was deported because anyone reasonably believed he was a threat to spread COVID. Having just recovered a month ago, he's among the least likely of any of the players to spread it.

The interim orders that granted his request essentially acknowledged this.

He was deported because the government ...[text shortened]... r people for 2 years, they have every power to do that.

It does show extreme insecurity, though.
    That makes sense....to a point.

It still does not acknowledge natural immunity though. People who have already had covid and recovered have every right to resist the gene vaccines. I would guess you agree with me on that. Am I right?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 09:30
    @wajoma said
    A few points:

He was deported for thought crimes, you need to recognise that. He did not incite anything or anyone, he was deported for his potential to promote dissent. Not something he did.

He travels with an entourage, a manager, likely a secretary, someone to handle PR, he lives under a spot light to think that on a whim he might tick the wrong box or whatever and m ...[text shortened]... ch the flu from visiting Australia than he is to bring it in.

A dark day in Australian history.
    A great day for democracy and equality when a country puts the health & safety of its citizens before the mighty dollar and a scumbag anti vaxxer millionaire is sent packing just like any other ordinary traveller.
    Go Australia Go Nadal.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 09:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    A great day for democracy and equality when a country puts the health & safety of its citizens before the mighty dollar and a scumbag anti vaxxer millionaire is sent packing just like any other ordinary traveller.
    Go Australia Go Nadal.
    People who have already had covid and recovered have every right to resist the gene vaccines. He was not putting the health & safety of its citizens at risk at all.

You are a covid extremist.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 09:36
    @metal-brain said
    That makes sense....to a point.

It still does not acknowledge natural immunity though. People who have already had covid and recovered have very right to resist the gene vaccines. I would guess you agree with me on that. Am I right?
    Listen you imbecile Everyone knows how tightly Australia has controlled access to its territories even before covid in order to protect its people, it’s environment and indigenous wildlife. The idea that they do not get to control who or what enters their country or that a playboy millionaire can circumvent those rules would cause untold civil unrest and ruin the Open. Now I know your all about as much civil unrest and division as possible in the west so this must be very hard for you to take.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 11:36
    @kevcvs57 said
    Listen you imbecile Everyone knows how tightly Australia has controlled access to its territories even before covid in order to protect its people, it’s environment and indigenous wildlife. The idea that they do not get to control who or what enters their country or that a playboy millionaire can circumvent those rules would cause untold civil unrest and ruin the Open. Now I ...[text shortened]... as much civil unrest and division as possible in the west so this must be very hard for you to take.
    People who have already had covid and recovered have every right to resist the gene vaccines.

You have not addressed that.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 11:57
    @metal-brain said
    People who have already had covid and recovered have every right to resist the gene vaccines. He was not putting the health & safety of its citizens at risk at all.

Your an anti vaxxer conspiracy theorist extremist what’s your point?
    My point is that Australia is a sovereign nation and has the right to control who or what enters its territory. They especially have the right to keep lying anti vaxxers out.
    He’s a celebrity and he’s made his anti vax status and feelings very clear now he’s needs to put his big boy pants on and take the professional and financial consequences of that choice.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 12:20
    @metal-brain said

Public health agencies are in agreement that the vaccines provide additional levels of protection even for those who have had COVID:

"You should get a COVID-19 vaccine even if you already had COVID-19.

Getting sick with COVID-19 offers some protection from future illness with COVID-19, sometimes called “natural immunity.” The level of protection people get from having COVID-19 may vary depending on how mild or severe their illness was, the time since their infection, and their age. No currently available test can reliably determine if a person is protected from infection.

All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States are effective at preventing COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine gives most people a high level of protection against COVID-19 even in people who have already been sick with COVID-19.

Emerging evidence shows that getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection to your immune system. One study showed that, for people who already had COVID-19, those who do not get vaccinated after their recovery are more than 2 times as likely to get COVID-19 again than those who get fully vaccinated after their recovery."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

"Take whatever vaccine is made available to you first, even if you have already had COVID-19."

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

You can "resist" being vaccinated if you wish; you just can't travel to Australia unvaccinated without a valid medical exemption.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 12:30
    @no1marauder said

You can "resist" being vaccinated if you wish; you just can't travel to Australia unvaccinated without a valid medical exemption.
    Not why he was deported.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 12:54
    @kevcvs57 said
    Your an anti vaxxer conspiracy theorist extremist what’s your point?
    My point is that Australia is a sovereign nation and has the right to control who or what enters its territory. They especially have the right to keep lying anti vaxxers out.
    He’s a celebrity and he’s made his anti vax status and feelings very clear now he’s needs to put his big boy pants on and take the professional and financial consequences of that choice.
    “ My point is that Australia is a sovereign nation and has the right to control who or what enters its territory.”

why do you not feel the same about the US?
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 15:241 edit
    @metal-brain said
    People who have already had covid and recovered have every right to resist the gene vaccines.

You have not addressed that.
    I do not need to address it the Australian govt has made it perfectly clear that YOU HAVE to have up to date vaccination status or very provable immunity due to exposure. As I’ve mentioned he lied about his travel prior to arrival and his negative test result was very unsatisfactory regarding the sequencing of the serial numbers on the tests.
    Truth be told he probably got one of his entourage to take the test for him, probably the idiot who ticked the wrong boxes on his visa application.
    Oh yeah and prior exposure does not give the same quantifiable protection as vaccinations or anything like it plus the conditions under which test results are achieved and submitted are far too open to falsification to be reliable.
    Go Australia Go Nadal.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 15:28
    @mott-the-hoople said
    “ My point is that Australia is a sovereign nation and has the right to control who or what enters its territory.”

why do you not feel the same about the US?
    I do feel the same about the US but you and your migrant intolerance are not the US.
    If the US decides to close its borders or heavily restrict access to its territory then I would expect everyone to respect that decision.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 22:54
    @no1marauder said
    Public health agencies are in agreement that the vaccines provide additional levels of protection even for those who have had COVID:

"You should get a COVID-19 vaccine even if you already had COVID-19.

Getting sick with COVID-19 offers some protection from future illness with COVID-19, sometimes called “natural immunity.” The level of protection people get from havi ...[text shortened]... ated if you wish; you just can't travel to Australia unvaccinated without a valid medical exemption.
    "Emerging evidence shows that getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection to your immune system."

There is no evidence of that, just like there was no evidence unvaccinsted people that recovered from COVID-19 infection gave the virus to anyone. That is pure propaganda from big pharma interests.

https://www.westernjournal.com/thanks-foia-request-cdc-just-made-biggest-admission-covid-yet/

They keep lying to you and you keep believing them. What is wrong with you?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 22:56
    @kevcvs57 said
    I do not need to address it the Australian govt has made it perfectly clear that YOU HAVE to have up to date vaccination status or very provable immunity due to exposure. As I’ve mentioned he lied about his travel prior to arrival and his negative test result was very unsatisfactory regarding the sequencing of the serial numbers on the tests.
    Truth be told he probably got o ...[text shortened]... are achieved and submitted are far too open to falsification to be reliable.
    Go Australia Go Nadal.
    "Oh yeah and prior exposure does not give the same quantifiable protection as vaccinations or anything like it"

That is big pharma propaganda. There is no evidence of that at all.
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 01:37
    @no1marauder said
    Guess what caused the surge in cases?:

"Infection rates have soared across much of Australian since December when Morrison’s government relaxed what had been some of the democratic world’s toughest restrictions on international travel."
    This! +100%

In the rush to be the hero and declare freedom day and collect the political capital that goes with that, our politicians have ignored medical advice. And the spike returns. You would think by now they would have gotten the message.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree