1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 03:37
    “The rule is very clear,” Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/djokovic-australian-open-exemption-prompts-fury-rcna10990

The only problem is that the rule is based on ignorance. There is no science to back up denying Djokovic entry. The gene vaccines do NOT prevent people from getting SARS2 and spreading it to others.

Does Prime Minister Scott Morrison know that? He cannot possibly be that ignorant, can he? Somebody must have informed him that the gene vaccines do not stop the vaccinated from spreading the virus to others. Right?

And to add insult to injury, Djokovic already had covid so he has natural immunity which is better than the gene vaccines. The whole thing is just incredibly stupid!
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 05:15
    @metal-brain said

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/djokovic-australian-open-exemption-prompts-fury-rcna10990

The only problem is that the rule is based on ignorance. There is no science to back up denying Djokovic entry. The gene vaccines do NOT prevent people from getting SARS2 and spreading it to others.

Does Prime ...[text shortened]... natural immunity which is better than the gene vaccines. The whole thing is just incredibly stupid!
    It’s not a gene vaccine. You ignorant kunnt.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 05:24
    @shavixmir said
    It’s not a gene vaccine. You ignorant kunnt.
    My government says you are wrong.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33772572/

Most COVID-19 vaccines utilize gene therapy technology.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 16:57
    @Metal-Brain
    You are playing semantic games. Using 'gene technology' is not proof of ANYTHING.

I can use gene technology to make ice cream so that is no argument that you THINK furthers your pathetic agenda Comrade.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 04:31
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You are playing semantic games. Using 'gene technology' is not proof of ANYTHING.

I can use gene technology to make ice cream so that is no argument that you THINK furthers your pathetic agenda Comrade.
    No. I said "gene therapy technology".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_vaccine

What semantics? I am not using misleading terms at all. You are. You omitted the word "therapy". It is called "gene therapy".
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 04:43
    Denied entry.
    Ignorant policy.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 06:55
    @metal-brain said
    My government says you are wrong.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33772572/

Most COVID-19 vaccines utilize gene therapy technology.
    Just because you can’t read or comprehend, doesn’t make your government wrong.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 07:03
    "There is no more to be said. It's all over. Western Civilisation just rolled over with nary a bang or a whimper. Deranged flocks of crazed sheeple demanding a burnt offering. Ayn Rand's "hatred of the good for being the good" was never more starkly or repulsively exemplified than by this. The world's greatest tennis player memory-holed for Thought Crime, with the support of every Western politician and "journalist" and "academic" who knows better but whose bank account has been swelled by Pfizer. Inexpressibly loathsome.

"Everyone has the right to refuse medical treatment." Yeah, right.
    "

Lindsay Perigo
  9. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 07:40
    @metal-brain said

Does Prime ...[text shortened]... natural immunity which is better than the gene vaccines. The whole thing is just incredibly stupid!
    And to add insult to injury, Djokovic already had covid so he has natural immunity which is better than the gene vaccines. The whole thing is just incredibly stupid!

So - now you're smarter that all the health officials in the US and Australia. I'm really impressed! 🙄
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 07:52
    @mchill said

So - now you're smarter that all the health officials in the US and Australia. I'm really impressed! 🙄
    Did he lie on his application to get into the country?

Ahhh… well, there you go.
    I’m sure the US is more forgiving.
  11. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 08:291 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Did he lie on his application to get into the country?

Ahhh… well, there you go.

This is sadly true. We suffer fools gladly over here.

My ancestors were from somewhere in the British Isles. I wish they had stayed there! 😏
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 09:591 edit
    @mchill said

Unfortunately the lying git swapped his test results around to make it look like he tested positive on the 16th and then negative on the 26th but the serial numbers tell the exact opposite story.
    And he lied about his recent travel on his visa application, he’s a scumbag millionaire who thinks he doesn’t have to do what the little people have to do.
    Go Nadal
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 11:46
    @kevcvs57 said
    Unfortunately the lying git swapped his test results around to make it look like he tested positive on the 16th and then negative on the 26th but the serial numbers tell the exact opposite story.
    And he lied about his recent travel on his visa application, he’s a scumbag millionaire who thinks he doesn’t have to do what the little people have to do.
    Go Nadal
    Exactly.

So, how much pity do I have for him?

Imagine a tumbleweed rolling over a silent desert. Or Metal brain's sex life, for that matter.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 14:121 edit
    @metal-brain said

The crazy thing is that reading between the lines, I really don't think Djokovic was deported because anyone reasonably believed he was a threat to spread COVID. Having just recovered a month ago, he's among the least likely of any of the players to spread it.

The interim orders that granted his request essentially acknowledged this.

He was deported because the government feared "he might influence others to resist vaccination or defy public health orders."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/16/world/australia/djokovic-deported.html

He was expelled for his political opinions and stance much more so than for any actual health reason.

Of course, Australia has every right to govern their immigration policies based on politics. If they don't want to let people in because they're afraid a tennis star's political opinion will undermine the public health messaging they've been feeding their people for 2 years, they have every power to do that.

It does show extreme insecurity, though.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 14:16
    @mchill said

This is sadly true. We suffer fools gladly over here.

My ancestors were from somewhere in the British Isles. I wish they had stayed there! 😏
    I'm sorry you feel no gratitude to the United States.

My grandfather was from Berlin. He got out in the nick of time with the Nazis on his tail (he parents weren't so fortunate).

Don't worry, though. I have enough gratitude to the United States and the American people for both of us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree