1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 20:52
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    If someone privately goes to a priest or minister and confesses to murder or child abuse, it is a felony crime if that priest or minister do not go to the police and report that crime; and, they have to testify against them in court. I believe This actually goes for lawyers also; ask No1 about that forsure. So tell us, why would treason be any differ ...[text shortened]... as treason. So why would Treason be covered by client privilege and not murder or child abuse?
    First off, I have made no mention of 'confession' between a priest and an individual and correlated it to 'attorney client privilege', that is another matter.

Secondly, The 'attorney client privilege' is a matter of trust and is a financial transaction which has rules/laws regarding it, there are certain expectations by both parties, the confidentiality of conversations being a big one. If the client gives consent to his/her attorney to release information, confidential information... that is another matter.

Thirdly, regarding treason, in today's world the word 'treason' is thrown around between the political parties like nobody's business. It is easy, it is shock factor, it gets everyone's attention but has little in the way of legs (both parties do this). Evidently if I read your post correctly, you believe some treason has taken place, if this is the case what is it? Please don't just repeat the evening news, there is too much of it and most of it is bunk.

Believe half of what you read and nothing that comes out of Washington.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 21:16
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    First off, I have made no mention of 'confession' between a priest and an individual and correlated it to 'attorney client privilege', that is another matter.

Secondly, The 'attorney client privilege' is a matter of trust and is a financial transaction which has rules/laws regarding it, there are certain expectations by both parties, the confidentiality ...[text shortened]... d most of it is bunk.

Actually, accusations of treason are pretty new. The word hasn't been bandied around much since the McCarthy era.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 21:203 edits
    Originally posted by @leunammi

Secondly, The 'attorney client privilege' is a matter of trust and is a financial transaction which has rules/laws regarding it, there are certain expectations by both parties, the confidentiality ...[text shortened]... d most of it is bunk.

As far as treason, as I've said before in my former posts; I do not believe Trump could be convicted in a court of law of treason according to the way the law is written. However, I personally watched the whole public meeting between Trump and Putin in Helsinki. He sided with Putin's KGB intelligence and then slammed our 17 intelligence agencies as liars and accused them of being on a false witch hunt because the POS is guilty as Fck of collusion and treason. It is clear to anyone that has a brain and that has watched several of his campaign staff pleading guilty to felony's that all have something to do with Russia and obstruction, his campaign manger sitting in jail for months because of his dealings with Russians etc. Yes, legally treason cannot be proven, yet anyway. However, Spiritually, Trump committed treason against the USA in Helsinki.
    Trumps a pathological liar and always has been. He does not give a sht about America.
    I understand what you are saying about attorney client privilege. My statement was more of a question on that issue. My main question on that issue is, lets say, someone committed mass murder and hired a lawyer to defend them. Then tells their lawyer that they are totally guilty and how they did it; and now, they expect their lawyer to get them off and not mention a word to anyone of the truth. Is this lawyer bound by the confidential agreement or the truth in matters as this? Also in cases of child abuse. I found the laws on Priests and Ministers; and, that it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. However, I really could not find,, or did not find anything on lawyers and clients. Also, I know that if a lawyer knows his client is guilty he can resign himself from the case.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 22:05
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    As far as treason, as I've said before in my former posts; I do not believe Trump could be convicted in a court of law of treason according to the way the law is written. However, I personally watched the whole public meeting between Trump and Putin in Helsinki. He sided with Putin's KGB intelligence and then slammed our 17 intelligence agencies as ...[text shortened]... . Also, I know that if a lawyer knows his client is guilty he can resign himself from the case.
    you don't understand what a lawyers job is...a judge rules on the law, a lawyer bworks to free his client...damn how ignorant.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 22:111 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    you don't understand what a lawyers job is...a judge rules on the law, a lawyer bworks to free his client...damn how ignorant.
    Hey dumb arse, just because your worthless arse can't comprehend my question is not my problem. I know what a lawyers job is and I know what a judges job is. Crawl back into you mommies basement boy. You're gonna miss 'The Price is Right." And what the hell is bworks? Have another one loser boy. LOL
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 23:00
    I don't know about the US system, but in the UK a barrister's first duty is to the court, not to their client. They cannot deliberately lie to the court on their client's behalf. If the client is guilty then the barrister's job is to attempt to reduce the sentence as much as possible, not to present what they know is a fabrication to the court.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 00:562 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Trump's lawyers waived any claim of attorney-client privilege regarding these tapes.

The Cohen investigation is not being handled by Mueller but by DOJ attorneys from the Southern District of New York.
    don't remember that...any proof?
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 01:06
    Can you read?
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 01:06
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    I don't know about the US system, but in the UK a barrister's first duty is to the court, not to their client. They cannot deliberately lie to the court on their client's behalf. If the client is guilty then the barrister's job is to attempt to reduce the sentence as much as possible, not to present what they know is a fabrication to the court.
    the prosecutors duty is to the court, the defenses duty is to the client, and no, no one can willfully lie to the court legally.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 01:07
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Can you read?
    hey andy, hows your hand
    /
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 01:07
    If you read the news ...

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/21/politics/trump-cohen-recording-privilege/index.html
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 01:082 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Yes, and the Special Master appointed by the Judge kept them from the DOJ attorneys until Trump's lawyers waived the privilege.
    proves nothing wrong
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 01:12
    hey andy, hows your hand
    /
    Fine. How are your fainting spells?
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Fine. How are your fainting spells?
    come on andy , say something witty...😀
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 03:21
    come on andy , say something witty...😀
    I'll meet you half way. Say something half-witty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree