Atlas Shrugged movie coming April 15

Atlas Shrugged movie coming April 15

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
13 Feb 11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged_%28film%29

Who wants to chip in to buy No1 and Rwingett a pair of opening weekend tickets each so that they and their significant others (or friends, I'm not picky) can enjoy what no doubt will be the highlight of their weekend?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
13 Feb 11

Originally posted by sh76

Who wants to chip in to buy No1 and Rwingett a pair of opening weekend tickets each so that they and their significant others (or friends, I'm not picky) can enjoy what no doubt will be the highlight of their weekend?
A trilogy, eh? Sounds long and tedious; a faithful adaptation of the book.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
13 Feb 11

Originally posted by rwingett
A trilogy, eh? Sounds long and tedious; a faithful adaptation of the book.
... sounds like one of those moments where you wish Hollywood would stick to form....

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
13 Feb 11

Originally posted by kmax87
... sounds like one of those moments where you wish Hollywood would stick to form....
Indeed. Isn't there some second rate superhero they've overlooked somewhere that they could make a movie out of? I don't think they've done Aquaman yet.

STS

Moves
14 Feb 11

I read Atlas Shrugged 40 years ago.

Honestly can't remember squat about it now.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Feb 11
1 edit

Indeed. Isn't there some second rate superhero they've overlooked somewhere that they could make a movie out of? I don't think they've done Aquaman yet.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14 Feb 11

I got great news for ya...

&NR=1

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Feb 11

Good grief, no.

Why oh Lord, why?

Moves
15 Feb 11
1 edit

Is this another one of those masochist festivals? Rand's extant screenplays were already coma-inducing. The book demonstrated an embarrassingly inadequate level of emotional development. Her life itself was embarrassing. I know teenagers who have a better grasp human relationships. What is the attraction to Rand? Every intelligent Libertarian I have ever known considered her to be the worst thing ever to happen to Libertarian philosophy and among actual philosophers she is only a bad joke.

T

Moves
15 Feb 11

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Rand's extant screenplays were already coma-inducing.
Actually, King Vidor's film of The Fountainhead, from a script by Rand, is very stylish and entertaining. But I think that's got more to do with Vidor, a director who was usually able to bring conviction and power to melodrama, than with Rand's original story.

Interestingly, We the Living was filmed without Rand's permission in Italy in 1943; the film got the go-ahead as an anti-Communist film, without Mussolini realising that it could also be interpreted as a satire on other forms of totalitarianism, such as his own. After a few weeks in the theatres, Mussolini belatedly realised the truth, and the film was pulled.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
15 Feb 11

I got great news for ya...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvmB8uCSRMQ&NR=1
GEEEZUS!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Is this another one of those masochist festivals? Rand's extant screenplays were already coma-inducing. The book demonstrated an embarrassingly inadequate level of emotional development. Her life itself was embarrassing. I know teenagers who have a better grasp human relationships. What is the attraction to Rand? Every intelligent Libertarian I have e ...[text shortened]... ever to happen to Libertarian philosophy and among actual philosophers she is only a bad joke.
Fun Fact: Rand despised the Libertarians and felt they owed her money and public, legal acknowledgement for "her ideas".

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
15 Feb 11

Originally posted by shavixmir
Good grief, no.

Why oh Lord, why?
The Devil switched all Job's books for Ayn Rand.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Feb 11

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
The Devil switched all Job's books for Ayn Rand.
Surely there's only one book of Job?
And besides, I'm pretty sure that Ayn Rand is everything but an example of theodicy.

If she had a biblical book it would be called: Faeces is as faeces does... and the atlas shrugged.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Feb 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Fun Fact: Rand despised the Libertarians and felt they owed her money and public, legal acknowledgement for "her ideas".
Other than her sycophants and virile, manly capitalists, who didn't she despise?