Americans are helpless

Americans are helpless

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
Well I also didn't say South Africa was civilized. You loose.[sic]
LOSE.
You were winning up until then!

😛

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by googlefudge

Maybe you should have tried actually paying attention when you were in school.

Or have you never been?
The pity is that he claims to be (have been) a teacher!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by FishHead111
"Durhhhh..... America is not civilized like South Africa" most certainly DOES make his statement a claim that SA is civilized.
As far as I can see the statement is
"In more civilized countries such as South Africa, protests are not illegal"

that is a comparison and makes no claims on the level of civilisation
in South Africa other than it being higher than the US.

The statement could be true if South Africa were
the second least civilised country on the planet.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by FishHead111
LOL the black Africans are murdering the whites by the thousands every year WTF are you talking about "reconciliation". ?
I'd put up a video of the blacks singing and chanting "Kill The Boers", etc but you wouldn't watch it and claim it wasn't happening.
Link to some stats.
(And not a one-off Youtube vid.)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by googlefudge
The UK.

I'm proud to be a Brit and from the almost perfect UK! 😉

Now in NZ with a similarly excellent record.

http://www.businessinsider.com/16-most-socially-advanced-countries-2015-4?op=1
compiled by Harvard it generously puts the USA at 16th

Cape Town

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
LOSE.
You were winning up until then!

😛
And now I am just whining.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
21 Mar 16

I'm proud to be a Brit and from the almost perfect UK! 😉

Now in NZ with a similarly excellent record.

http://www.businessinsider.com/16-most-socially-advanced-countries-2015-4?op=1
compiled by Harvard it generously puts the USA at 16th
That is simply the opinion of some eggheads at Harvard. I don't even like Cambridge, MA where Harvard is located.

It is pretty easy to self proclaim being the best. In many cases, being the best, leads to mass immigration, and soon the best turns into the worst, or close to it.

K

Germany

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by normbenign
That is simply the opinion of some eggheads at Harvard. I don't even like Cambridge, MA where Harvard is located.

It is pretty easy to self proclaim being the best. In many cases, being the best, leads to mass immigration, and soon the best turns into the worst, or close to it.
Yeah, Norway (a country with one of the lowest population densities in the world) is getting totally overwhelmed by immigrants. Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure FishHead will have some good alternative sources of information about Norway, such as Breivik's manifesto and inane YouTube videos.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
21 Mar 16

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Yeah, Norway (a country with one of the lowest population densities in the world) is getting totally overwhelmed by immigrants. Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure FishHead will have some good alternative sources of information about Norway, such as Breivik's manifesto and inane YouTube videos.
I'm sure Norway is a nice place to live. They are an island, and allow limited visitation and immigration.

The problem in Norway is that their government has promised more than it can deliver in the future with current revenues. It therefore must increase the population, but Norwegians are reproducing at less than replacement rates. (Less than 2 births per couple.)

That leave immigration as the only way of increasing the population, and dilutes the solidity of Norwegian population and culture. Traditional Norwegians are left by their government between a rock and a hard place.

K

Germany

Moves
21 Mar 16

I'm sure Norway is a nice place to live. They are an island, and allow limited visitation and immigration.

The problem in Norway is that their government has promised more than it can deliver in the future with current revenues. It therefore must increase the population, but Norwegians are reproducing at less than replacement rates. (Less than 2 bi ...[text shortened]... d culture. Traditional Norwegians are left by their government between a rock and a hard place.
Norway is not an island (try Google Maps) and you can visit it easily as it is part of the border-free Schengen zone.

The Norwegian government has one of the healthiest public finances in the world.

It is true that some "traditional Norwegians" such as Breivik are upset about immigrants living in Norway.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Mar 16

By "eggheads" I suppose you mean people with a higher IQ than you, better
educated than you, more knowledgeable in socio-economics than you and
(for some unknown reason) paid very good salaries to produce such lists.

Yeah ... simply their opinion.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
22 Mar 16

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Norway is not an island (try Google Maps) and you can visit it easily as it is part of the border-free Schengen zone.

The Norwegian government has one of the healthiest public finances in the world.

It is true that some "traditional Norwegians" such as Breivik are upset about immigrants living in Norway.
Sorry about my geographical faux pas. I don't know who Breivik is, but years ago, many were concerned that large scale immigration would alter the Norwegian culture, and with it the nature of that country.

That has been true of other nations, like the US, built on immigration. All immigrants aren't equal. Those emigrating at or near the turn of the 20th century, came for opportunity and work. Many of today's come for a welfare check, or just to get away from an oppressive homeland.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
22 Mar 16

By "eggheads" I suppose you mean people with a higher IQ than you, better
educated than you, more knowledgeable in socio-economics than you and
(for some unknown reason) paid very good salaries to produce such lists.

Yeah ... simply their opinion.
By "eggheads" I mean people who think they are better qualified to manipulate and dictate society and culture than common people.

I don't think IQ tests really are good measures of intelligence, although at one time I tested quite high.

I am in favor of almost complete anarchy, with only basic safety from criminal attack being regulated by government.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Mar 16
1 edit

Sorry about my geographical faux pas. I don't know who Breivik is, but years ago, many were concerned that large scale immigration would alter the Norwegian culture, and with it the nature of that country.

That has been true of other nations, like the US, built on immigration. All immigrants aren't equal. Those emigrating at or near the turn of the ...[text shortened]... ork. Many of today's come for a welfare check, or just to get away from an oppressive homeland.
Anders Breivik is responsible for one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in Europe in the postwar era. The fact that you apparently haven't heard of him says a lot about your favoured "news" sources in relation to Brevik's skin colour.

The notion that "many" immigrants coming to the US seek only a "welfare check" is ludicrous and deserves only a favoured Duchess phrase as response. But hey - I bet you can actually back it up with some factual evidence, right?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
22 Mar 16

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Trump's the only candidate with a personal militia which he is openly sending to attack his Jewish rival's rallies.

This sort of thing concerns a lot of Americans. Direct action in the tradition of MLK, Gandhi, Rachel Corrie and Outlaw Bikers seems perfectly reasonable here.
Every President has a personal militia. It is called the Secret Service.