American politics 100 years from now

American politics 100 years from now

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Mar 18

Originally posted by @mghrn55
I agree.
I like this to a stock market correction, though on a much larger scale.

I read with humour that Steve Bannon is on a tour of Europe trying to stir the pot.
Yeah, the cards are being reshuffled in EU, too. And I don't mean primarily Brexit.

Isolationism ("us first" whether in the UK or America) is a step in the wrong direction. New alliances, and better ones, will have to be formed, and they must include countries with ideologies at odds with the West, i.e., China.

A number of issues can no longer be addressed, much less solved, at the national level; they can only be addressed and solved at a multi-national level. Global climate issues, waste management issues, refugee/migration issues, depletion of resources (over-fishing of the seas), and so on. Whether it is the UN (which many in America despise) or something like the EU or something else again, is another matter--but retreating into isolationism and protectionism is just sticking one's head in the sand.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Mar 18

Originally posted by @mchill
What will it be like? Will Liberals and Conservatives still be locked in this heated battle? Will a legitimate 3rd political party emerge? Will America still be a world power? Any thoughts?
I'm dead and my son to be dead soon. Armageddon