Al Sharpton rips the campus rioters

Al Sharpton rips the campus rioters

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
19d

@no1marauder said
Wrong "whataboutism".

Please reread the first post here and try to stay on-topic.
You made an accusation, only had to go back a couple of days to find violence is the MO of left whingers. You'd like to make rules about how people respond to what you've said?? That's because you know what you said is BS and you don't like being called on your BS.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19d

@sh76 said
So, you're saying the difference is intent?

What if it were proven that the intent of a protester is to destroy Israel and harass Jews?

Would that make it illegal in your mind?
No. Motive does not make non-crimes into crimes.

If a Jew hater storms the University administration building with a knife because he hates the Jewish school President he should go to prison.

If a government hater storms the Capitol building with a knife because he hates the politics of the US President there's a strong argument for sending him to Guantanamo.

If Jews are frightened by pro-Palestinian protestors' camps then they should grow a pair.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
19d

@athousandyoung said

If a Jew hater storms the University administration building with a knife because he hates the Jewish school President he should go to prison.

If a government hater storms the Capitol building with a knife because he hates the politics of the US President there's a strong argument for sending him to Guantanamo.

If Jews are frightened by pro-Palestinian protestors' camps then they should grow a pair.
Don’t underestimate those snowflake hippies! The very people the right-wing press mocks as wussies.

Very dangerous with all their woke nonsense.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19d

@wajoma said
You made an accusation, only had to go back a couple of days to find violence is the MO of left whingers. You'd like to make rules about how people respond to what you've said?? That's because you know what you said is BS and you don't like being called on your BS.
I made a truthful statement, something you seem to abhor.

Your dubious "whataboutism" does not change the truth of my statement or the falseness of any supposed comparisons between the actions of the insurrectionists on January 6, 2021 and those of the recent campus protestors against Israel's war on the People in Gaza.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
19d

@no1marauder said

Your dubious "whataboutism" does not change the truth of my statement or the falseness of any supposed comparisons between the actions of the insurrectionists on January 6, 2021 and those of the recent campus protestors against Israel's war on the People in Gaza.
I also made a truthful statement.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19d

@athousandyoung said

A disproportionate percentage of those initially arrested at Columbia for trespassing were Jews, mostly affiliated with the group Jewish Voice for Peace - which is an organizer of many of the anti-war encampment throughout the country.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19d

@wajoma said
I also made a truthful statement.
Even if it was it is irrelevant to the issue in this thread.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
19d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Even if it was it is irrelevant to the issue in this thread.
It is relevant to this:

"...what we have is right wingers again using violence for political reasons."

Didn't have to look hard, in fact only had to go back a few days to find left whingers from all over the world using violence (the MO of the left) for political reasons.

Moves
19d

@no1marauder said

jan 6th was just a “sit in” …per your very words

Moves
19d

@athousandyoung said

“No. Motive does not make non-crimes into crimes.”

right here folks…the stupidest comment of the year

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19d
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
jan 6th was just a “sit in” …per your very words
You might want to check those film clips I provided.

Sit-ins are not proceeded by mass attacks on police but by peaceful occupation of areas and/or buildings.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19d
2 edits

@wajoma said
It is relevant to this:

"...what we have is right wingers again using violence for political reasons."

Didn't have to look hard, in fact only had to go back a few days to find left whingers from all over the world using violence (the MO of the left) for political reasons.
That makes it an irrelevant "whataboutism" even assuming the incidents were not actions of police repression rather than mass violence by demonstrators (discussion of which would be an irrelevant side track - which is apparently what you are shooting for since you cannot contest the accuracy of my statement).

EDIT: I usually don't waste my time watching YouTubes but the one you presented didn't show a single policeman being attacked, never mind the scale of violence that occurred on January 6, 2021 so I rate it as a "false whataboutism".

Moves
19d

@no1marauder said
You might want to check those film clips I provided.

Sit-ins are not proceeded by mass attacks on police but by peaceful occupation of areas and/or buildings.
show your proof of “ mass attacks on police”

oh thats right, you are lying

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19d
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said

How delusional can you get?

One of literally hundreds of videos available to the public:

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19d

@mott-the-hoople said

" More than 300 people have been charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers, including more than 100 who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury."

https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-capitol-riot-sentencing-police-officers-assault-3a20eadafe19c70c3bb36e20de105013