$10K today... tomorrow:?

$10K today... tomorrow:?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Jan 11

If you had $10K today, where would you invest it for the next year?

Planet Rain

Moves
11 Jan 11

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Easy. I'd pay off the car I got in June. Although, I'm not sure this is a "debate" topic.

w

Moves
11 Jan 11

If it were me I would invest it directly into the "Whodey" fund. Just PM me for the details!! 😛

Planet Rain

Moves
11 Jan 11

Originally posted by whodey
If it were me I would invest it directly into the "Whodey" fund. Just PM me for the details!! 😛
I'll give you a gift certificate for a course in logic at your friendly neighborhood community college. 😉

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
11 Jan 11

How about 2000 shares of Citigroup Inc? Trading at just under $5/share and finally coming back to life after the big crash. It was about $50/share at the end of '08.

w

Moves
11 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
How about 2000 shares of Citigroup Inc? Trading at just under $5/share and finally coming back to life after the big crash. It was about $50/share at the end of '08.
Invest in the same people who brought the $50/share down to $5/share? Er.....um.....no thanks.

I would stick with commodities.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Jan 11

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
I think you might be on to something here, but I'm also thinking you're missing the price throughout '08. Last time it was in the 50's was back in '07. Now that the government is exiting, there may be a healthy uptick in the stock.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Jan 11

Invest in the same people who brought the $50/share down to $5/share? Er.....um.....no thanks.

I would stick with commodities.
Such as... ?

I see leisure is making a good run, as is Ford, GM.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
11 Jan 11

Originally posted by Soothfast
I'll give you a gift certificate for a course in logic at your friendly neighborhood community college. 😉
...that might not be constitutional...

w

Moves
11 Jan 11
1 edit

Such as... ?

I see leisure is making a good run, as is Ford, GM.
If you think that gold is going to 2000 in the next 4-5 years, which is a no brainer, think about Angico-Eagle (AEM). Simply put, they are the best at what they do. Another stock that has already had a good run is Freport McMoRan (FCX).

Also consider energy such as a Natty gas stock or maybe a solar stock. First solar (FSLR) is one of the best.

Of course, if your doing mutual funds then find one with a fund manager who has a good record over the years whose focus is energy and/or precious metals.

I would shy away from GM if I were you. They have already been bailed out twice by the government. As for Ford, they have already had a good run. The questoin then becomes, how long can it last?

K

Germany

Moves
11 Jan 11

I'd put it on a savings account.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
11 Jan 11

Spend it, the way gummint devalues dollars that you hold through inflation you're better off not holding any, in fact don't only spend the 10k, borrow more to spend as well. 10k almost covers my latest purchase, a late model KTM Superduke, a few more dollars for some rowdy pipes and she'll be good to go for blasting past car door handles at 200, great for snapping dozy cage drivers out of their dreary drudge.

STS

Moves
11 Jan 11

One word...

Plastic.

m

Moves
11 Jan 11
1 edit

Pay off the mortgage (not all of it, unfortunately).

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
11 Jan 11

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
One word...

Plastic.
C4 for the apocalypse Sam?