The New Favorite Global Pastime

The New Favorite Global Pastime

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
31 Jan 11
2 edits

I heard someone say that the new global favorite pastime is telling other people on the Internet that THEY ARE WRONG !.

Is that right ?
Is that where we are in the early 21rst Century ?

F

Moves
01 Feb 11

Originally posted by jaywill
I heard someone say that the new global favorite pastime is telling other people on the Internet that [b]THEY ARE WRONG !.

Is that right ?
Is that where we are in the early 21rst Century ?[/b]
Individuals being more often able to suggest to each other, safely, that they are wrong is surely an upgrade from century upon century of reactionary 'cultures', powerful people and organized religions doing so armed with lethal force and other punishments. Increasingly widespread personal autonomy and a willingness to exercise free speech are early 21st Century phenomena that ought to be welcomed for the most part. People will adjust to the unprecedented deluge of information as time goes on.

P

Moves
01 Feb 11

I heard someone say that the new global favorite pastime is telling other people on the Internet that [b]THEY ARE WRONG !.

Is that right ?
You're wrong 😛

Moves
01 Feb 11

Is that right ?[/b]
Given the dross you read out there, yeah, I'd say that in 99% of the cases at least it's right that "they" are wrong.

Richard

K

Germany

Moves
01 Feb 11

Is that right ?
Don't you mean "21st Century"?

s

Moves
01 Feb 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Don't you mean "21st Century"?
Ever heard of trypos?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Feb 11

Is that right ?
The most used digit on the internet is the middle finger.

s

Moves
01 Feb 11

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The most used digit on the internet is the middle finger.
That's only because it's the longest digit!