Radiohead - King of Limbs

Radiohead - King of Limbs

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
02 Jul 11

Now I do give this band the benefit of repeated listenings, and I have with this recording, but I hvae to say that this is the lamest thing they've ever issued. And barely more than 30 minutes long? This after three years or so? These guys might be at the end of the line.

Just a series of grooves, very faint melodies. The guitarist may as well stayed at home for as little as they used him.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
04 Jul 11

Originally posted by badmoon
Now I do give this band the benefit of repeated listenings, and I have with this recording, but I hvae to say that this is the lamest thing they've ever issued. And barely more than 30 minutes long? This after three years or so? These guys might be at the end of the line.

Just a series of grooves, very faint melodies. The guitarist may as well stayed at home for as little as they used him.
I must admit I'm not finding the usual Radiohead reward in this disc yet either. Mind, I didn't like Kid A for a long while, nor Yorke's solo effort (The Eraser), but they both grew great eventually so I'll reserve judgement for a while.

F

Moves
05 Jul 11

Now I do give this band the benefit of repeated listenings, and I have with this recording, but I hvae to say that this is the lamest thing they've ever issued.
I disagree. King of Limbs is a fine follow up to In Rainbows. The one that doesn't work for me is Hail To The Thief. The Bends was their best, although it may as well have been by a different band.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
05 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
I disagree. King of Limbs is a fine follow up to In Rainbows. The one that doesn't work for me is Hail To The Thief. The Bends was their best, although it may as well have been by a different band.
Well, my friend, you are hearing sounds or idea that I am not. But..I shal llisten further to this LP

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
04 Aug 11

Well, my friend, you are hearing sounds or idea that I am not. But..I shal llisten further to this LP
Keep listening man, it pays off in the usual awesome Radiohead manner eventually. Those guys must be on first name terms with the Muses.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Keep listening man, it pays off in the usual awesome Radiohead manner eventually. Those guys must be on first name terms with the Muses.
http://xkcd.com/915/

Moves
06 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Not likely - Muse are oiks from rural Devon, while Radiohead are from the exalted heights of academic Oxfordshire.

Not that I'd be able to tell the difference. I never can tell all these modern third-rate U2 wannabes apart, and the last decade or so, that includes U2 themselves. I long for the days when Bono could sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and mean it.

Richard

K

Germany

Moves
07 Aug 11

Were they ever at the start of the line, except at the line of Can impersonators?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Not likely - Muse are oiks from rural Devon, while Radiohead are from the exalted heights of academic Oxfordshire.

Not that I'd be able to tell the difference. I never can tell all these modern third-rate U2 wannabes apart, and the last decade or so, that includes U2 themselves. I long for the days when Bono could sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and mean it.

Richard
I see what you did there...

Moves
24 Sep 11

They picked a bad release date... sounds better when the leaves start turning.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
25 Sep 11

Just watched their SNL performance. I've been a big fan of this group but now they sound well, wshed up and uninspired.

P

weedhopper

Moves
29 Sep 11

I gave them three listens--all on the Colbert Report. If that is what Radiohead is, then I'm glad I missed them. Why do they need 2 drums? And why are their droning lyrics more unintelligible than Stevie Nicks'?

R

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I gave them three listens--all on the Colbert Report. If that is what Radiohead is, then I'm glad I missed them. Why do they need 2 drums? And why are their droning lyrics more unintelligible than Stevie Nicks'?
No, the king of limbs was pretty weak but every artist has a weak album especially when they've been out as long as radiohead. A much better album is Ok Computer or Kid A

F

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by RadioheadFan
No, the king of limbs was pretty weak but every artist has a weak album especially when they've been out as long as radiohead. A much better album is Ok Computer or Kid A
Hail To The Thief was their notable dud I think.

P

weedhopper

Moves
07 Nov 11

I had never heard Radiohead until they played 2 songs on Colbert Report a couple of weks ago. It was painful to listen to, No melody, unintelligible lyrics....TWO DRUMS??? If this is progressive rock, we have regressed.