Music recommendations?

Music recommendations?

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
19 Nov 09

i'm looking for something along the lines of, say, Mazzy Star's 'Fade into You', Low (e.g. Silver Rider), Last Town Chorus's version of Bowie's Modern Love - i.e. female vocalist melodic vaguely "alternative"-y pop/rock, preferably fairly recent (2000+)...

any suggestions, please?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
19 Nov 09

The new Britney Spears album will, like, OMG!!1!, blow your mind!~

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by Seitse
The new Britney Spears album will, like, OMG!!1!, blow your mind!~
Literally.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by Palynka
Literally.
You go, girl! Hell yeah!

D
incipit parodia

Moves
19 Nov 09

Originally posted by Blackamp
i'm looking for something along the lines of, say, Mazzy Star's 'Fade into You', Low (e.g. Silver Rider), Last Town Chorus's version of Bowie's Modern Love - i.e. female vocalist melodic vaguely "alternative"-y pop/rock, preferably fairly recent (2000+)...

any suggestions, please?
Hope Sandoval (with her new band The Warm Inventions) released an album this year, so if you like Mazzy Star, you'd probably like that. You might also consider Laura Marling's debut - she's got a lovely voice and some nice folksy arrangements. Or Bat for Lashes or Tiny Vipers might suit, too.

Slightly more left-field is the new Taken by Trees album East of Eden (or, indeed, her first album) or anything by the very quirky CocoRosie...

TA
I'm 1/4 Ninja

Moves
19 Nov 09
1 edit

any suggestions, please?
Cat Power
Feist
Architecture in Helsinki
The Blow

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
19 Nov 09
5 edits

any suggestions, please?
Morcheeba ("Trigger Hippie" )
Portishead
Massive Attack
Dead Can Dance
This Mortal Coil
Aimee Mann
Cowboy Junkies
Sarah Harmer

those bands should keep you occupied for the next 6 months

This is a website i stumpled upon recently for new stuff by female vocalists....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/892349/indie_and_alternative_female_singers_pg2_pg2.html?cat=33

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Nov 09

any suggestions, please?
Check out Joanna Diefenbachs "Thank you" at my youtube site (karolyaczel@youtube).

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by uzless
Morcheeba ("Trigger Hippie" )
Portishead
Massive Attack
Dead Can Dance
This Mortal Coil
Aimee Mann
Cowboy Junkies
Sarah Harmer

those bands should keep you occupied for the next 6 months

This is a website i stumpled upon recently for new stuff by female vocalists....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/892349/indie_and_alternative_female_singers_pg2_pg2.html?cat=33
dude 5 edits and you still leave out paramore... for shame 😵

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Nov 09

any suggestions, please?
Well, you can't go wrong with Nouvelle Vague.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Funny, that's what I was thinking.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
20 Nov 09

You two get a room.

This scandalous flirting, my goodness!

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
ya, sure...if you like listening to elevator cover bands.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by trev33
dude 5 edits and you still leave out paramore... for shame 😵
I didn't like avril lavigne so why would i go for paramore? Sounds like just another teenage wannabe queenie.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
20 Nov 09

any suggestions, please?
If you want something a little more edgy, try these:

Lenka ....."Trouble is a Friend" (Eli Ecscobar Mix)
Livio......."Cruel Intentions"
Ayria ...... "Mercury"

You might like Sigur Ros too.