Christina Aguilera

Christina Aguilera

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
07 Mar 11

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
You mean female Tiny Tim with a deeper voice?
LOL

K

Germany

Moves
07 Mar 11
1 edit

You mean female Tiny Tim with a deeper voice? All of the above are mainstream. Galas is a depressing diva wannabe! Her voice is variously described as shrieks, moans, and generally an ululation. Reminds me of nocturnal bird of prey like a harpy eagle with a modicum of vocal training. Whatever she thinks she is she is quite depressing and typical leftist ...[text shortened]... easant. I'll take Aguilera any day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qu7wdUPnas
frightening!
Diamanda Galás is more like Nina Simone's mentally disturbed sister.

Anyway, are Liz Frazer and Lisa Gerrard "mainstream"?

s

Moves
07 Mar 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Diamanda Galás is more like Nina Simone's mentally disturbed sister.

Anyway, are Liz Frazer and Lisa Gerrard "mainstream"?
Not in my book or anyone's. They're simply lighter versions of Galas, slightly less depressing, devoidd of shrieks, spasms and ululations. Given that I could hardly find them singing alone says it all. Always pairing up with more unknowns. Liz Fraser is way more appealing than Gerrard. They personify boring, however! Only someone fancying himself "avante garde" would buy their stuff.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
07 Mar 11

What about Cesarea Evora?

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
07 Mar 11

Originally posted by Seitse
The best voice in the mainstream music industry today.

Prove me wrong!
She does have a great voice, but she sometimes over sings. It appears to be the thing to do today. See just how many runs you can make, and rarely sing the song straight is the present day attack on singing.

s

Moves
07 Mar 11

Originally posted by Seitse
What about Cesarea Evora?
Just another Edith Piaf wannabe like the others! However her voice is much better than the others and does not seem an avante garde wannabe. Pleasant enough!

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
08 Mar 11

Gee, guys, you're all way too demanding 😛

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
08 Mar 11

Just another Edith Piaf wannabe like the others! However her voice is much better than the others and does not seem an avante garde wannabe. Pleasant enough!
Edith Piaf wannabe? They're nothing alike. 😕

F

Moves
08 Mar 11

Not in my book or anyone's. They're simply lighter versions of Galas, slightly less depressing, devoidd of shrieks, spasms and ululations. Given that I could hardly find them singing alone says it all. Always pairing up with more unknowns. Liz Fraser is way more appealing than Gerrard. They personify boring, however! Only someone fancying himself "avante garde" would buy their stuff.
LOL. Sounds like a fanzine soccer match report.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
08 Mar 11

lol

s

Moves
08 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
Edith Piaf wannabe? They're nothing alike. 😕
I misspoke. I thought I'd inserted the names of the two before. I meant the others, the two frenchies. Indeed Evora is far different. In fact I saw her live . Had to be wheeled on stage in a dolly. Once before the mike she transformed. Her touring band was fabulous indeed and so was she. As long as she stays away from pop and does her Cuban specialty. Otherwise she sounds run of the mill!

K

Germany

Moves
08 Mar 11

Heh, "unknowns" like Massive Attack, The Future Sound of London, Ennio Morricone and Klaus Schulze?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
08 Mar 11

I misspoke. I thought I'd inserted the names of the two before. I meant the others, the two frenchies. Indeed Evora is far different. In fact I saw her live . Had to be wheeled on stage in a dolly. Once before the mike she transformed. Her touring band was fabulous indeed and so was she. As long as she stays away from pop and does her Cuban specialty. Otherwise she sounds run of the mill!
Cuban? Sacrilege!

s

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Heh, "unknowns" like Massive Attack, The Future Sound of London, Ennio Morricone and Klaus Schulze?
Morricone did not know what he was getting into. The others are wannabes. They're no good. Just because Morricone happened to have some contractual obligation to record with these cows does not lend them legitimacy, same as Galas recording with John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin makes her no more appealing.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Mar 11

Morricone did not know what he was getting into. The others are wannabes. They're no good. Just because Morricone happened to have some contractual obligation to record with these cows does not lend them legitimacy, same as Galas recording with John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin makes her no more appealing.
Right...