the metalheads making a move

the metalheads making a move

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Sep 22

l

Victor, New York

Moves
12 Sep 22

@VESPIN I'm sorry you feel this way. If I was too harsh in my response to your rule asking clan members who are also clan leaders not to challenge the top five clans, it was because I was personally insulted that, after all the time we've known each other, you would think I couldn't fairly set, in my opinion, fair matches with any other clan. Since I couldn't accept the rule, I said that I would have to leave your clan. You then kicked me out. I never wanted to leave the clan.

If you felt that the tone of the message was rude, then I apologize. That was not the intention. I only intended to let you know that I could not abide by your rule not to play any of the top 5 clans and that I would have to leave the clan if the rule stayed.

We've known each other too long for this to be such a big issue. I wish you had responded to my message and just said, hey, I don't like the way you said this. We could have worked it out.

(We still could.)

Larry

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Sep 22

looking bad for the metalheads
a couple of weeks ago they needed to gain 1.6 points per day on average
seemed doable for greatest clan in history
now they need north of 1.8 points

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Sep 22

@gertrude said
looking bad for the metalheads
a couple of weeks ago they needed to gain 1.6 points per day on average
seemed doable for greatest clan in history
now they need north of 1.8 points
Mathematically they are still in a fight for 1rst place.

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Sep 22

@very-rusty said
Mathematically they are still in a fight for 1rst place.

-VR
they are falling farther and farther behind with fewer days remaining
true they are still in it

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Sep 22

is it farther or further?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Sep 22

@gertrude said
is it farther or further?
Hey either one is good enough for me. 🙂

We have to keep that distance though with 3 and a half months left.

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Sep 22

@very-rusty said
Hey either one is good enough for me. 🙂

We have to keep that distance though with 3 and a half months left.

-VR
all you have to do is win it by one

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
13 Sep 22

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
13 Sep 22

st johnstone

Moves
13 Sep 22

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
13 Sep 22

@lstcyr said
@VESPIN I'm sorry you feel this way. If I was too harsh in my response to your rule asking clan members who are also clan leaders not to challenge the top five clans, it was because I was personally insulted that, after all the time we've known each other, you would think I couldn't fairly set, in my opinion, fair matches with any other clan. Since I couldn't accept the rule, ...[text shortened]... hey, I don't like the way you said this. We could have worked it out.

(We still could.)

Larry
Wouldn't it have been nice for you to ask me why I was doing it first. Which is the normal thing to do. I would have explained it to you. Then you could have said your peace as you use to be a voice of calm and reason so I would have listened. I'm almost positive of it.

But you did not give the leader the respect he deserved. I earned it.

Then you got your facts wrong over and over , then decided to share PM's and internal clan information. I have had a guy or two leave but never once did they leave and shout as loud as they could why they were leaving or what I did that they did not like. And these people did not have the history we had. And I liked that rule and I might bring back again for good. It's my clan so I can make any rule I want. People don't like it they can quietly leave.

It's water under the bridge. It's done and over with. I don't care about it anymore. I wished you well and your family to. I don't even think about it anymore. I saw your post and I thought you deserved a response. I am grateful to you for all the great years you helped me, was a mentor to me, and at times a dam good friend.

People change, times change, and I think it's time to put this one to bed. I wish you all the best and stay safe. Keep that mask on even though they say you don't have to.

Michael

m

Moves
13 Sep 22
1 edit

@vespin said
Wouldn't it have been nice for you to ask me why I was doing it first. Which is the normal thing to do. I would have explained it to you. Then you could have said your peace as you use to be a voice of calm and reason so I would have listened. I'm almost positive of it.

But you did not give the leader the respect he deserved. I earned it.

Then you got your facts wro ...[text shortened]... ou all the best and stay safe. Keep that mask on even though they say you don't have to.

Michael
When you say "you liked that rule", you mean the rule where you tell clan members who lead other clans not to set challenges with certain clans.
If you think that is a rule in good faith that is internal to your clan, then that reveals a piece of your ethics.

What other people see is that you are trying to tell someone else how to to run their own clan to the benefit of your clan !!
If you had just kicked these players out without making this rule in the first place, you would have been in the clear, ethically speaking.
That is the distinction you fail to make !!
This is not something that Russ will slap you on the wrist for.
But like I said, the clan feature has to run on a level of good will.

Your ethics are pretty much public knowledge.
I had in the past cut you some slack for your involvement with Carrobie and McTayto back in 2016.
But that is pretty much in the trash can now.

st johnstone

Moves
13 Sep 22

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Sep 22
1 edit

@mghrn55 said
When you say "you liked that rule", you mean the rule where you tell clan members who lead other clans not to set challenges with certain clans.
If you think that is a rule in good faith that is internal to your clan, then that reveals a piece of your ethics.

What other people see is that you are trying to tell someone else how to to run their own clan to the benefit of y ...[text shortened]... r involvement with Carrobie and McTayto back in 2016.
But that is pretty much in the trash can now.
I strongly suggest you pick yourself up and get out of the gutter m55.

Pretty soon you will come on here and what you said will not be listened to.

The leader before you was smart enough not to speak often but when he did people actually did listen to him. Probably THE BEST Clan Leader/Team Leader I ever had. I can see now the shoes are becoming to big for you to fill. Change your ways or you will indeed lose all respect from other Clan leaders as well.

Listen closely to what roma45 said. He is correct in everything I've seen him tell you. You could be so much better than you are appearing in these forums.

Your old Pal,
-VR