Nope 🤭
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Dec '21 18:47
    @contenchess said
    Nope 🤭
    You know on second thought, you're starting to sound like robbie carrobie, he was always crying about the clan feature as you're doing now. Any relation there, like I mean a really close one? 🙂

LOL....So would you say if you were him? 🙂 😛

-VR
  3. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 01:52
    Nope 🤭
  4. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 02:05
    @beezore said
    Has there been any discussion of using something comparable to TER but for clans specifically?

To me a feature like this with some substantial rating look-back period would clean things up at least some without creating a bunch of different ratings, that most have no desire to track.
    I agree. 😉
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 02:32
    @contenchess said
    I agree. 😉
    It doesn't really matter as no one will ever be happy. Do you think everyone will jump on the same page on this? It isn't going to happen.

-VR
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 11:36
    I don't see much mileage in having another "ratings" debate.
    I'm sure the admins put a lot of thought into devising the system and though it can never be perfect I think it works pretty well.
    Personally,I don't take much notice of my rating although I do look at it sometimes more out of curiosity than anything else.I expect most of the players on here are similarly inclined.
    It's only real relevance is a guide for clan leaders when mounting challenges
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 12:59
    @venda said
    I'm sure the admins put a lot of thought into devising the system and though it can never be perfect I think it works pretty well.
    Personally,I don't take much notice of my rating although I do look at it sometimes more out of curiosity than anything else.I expect most of the players on here are similarly inclined.
    A agree venda, we been over this old tune too many times, it has worn it self out.

People will always find a way if they want to be dishonest. Thankfully we only have a few.

-VR
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 15:45
    @venda said
    I agree ......
    I also believe that the "imperfections" in the clan feature, which runs a lot on goodwill, brings into play some skills of the clan leaders.
    Ratings for players will vary. And a good clan clan leader will do his/her homework to spot the trends of players and make the appropriate matchups.
    The changes that Russ brought in a few years back was to address the collusion of several clan leaders, which amounted to abuse of the system, which was designed on goodwill.

There will always be malcontents who want changes to the feature for the wrong reasons.
    Russ has made, and will make in future, the appropriate decisions regarding this feature based on valid suggestions for improvements.
    Not the whining of the few.
    And at the end of the day, the $$$ will determine his decisions.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    15 Dec '21 21:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    15 Dec '21 21:32
    @Very-Rusty Rusty, Fred, Mike, I wouldnt get too worked up over this Conchess character. He seems to have a lot of insider opinions for a guy thats only been here 3 1/2 months. This is obviously the latest carrobbie alter ego, the guy always had a fetish for this kind of thing
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Dec '21 13:16
    @bobla45 said
    @Very-Rusty Rusty, Fred, Mike, I wouldnt get too worked up over this Conchess character. He seems to have a lot of insider opinions for a guy thats only been here 3 1/2 months. This is obviously the latest carrobbie alter ego, the guy always had a fetish for this kind of thing
    This character has had at least half a dozen aliases in the last couple of years.
    He's been around a while.
    But Carrobie ?? I highly doubt it.
    Carrobie was a far left ideologue.
    This guy is a right wing hee haw.
    From Canada. 😣😣😭😭
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Dec '21 15:422 edits
    @bobla45 said
    I have no idea who he is obviously a member from the past who has issues with lots of people. Where he is from is questionable anyone can put any flag up they want to throw everyone off. I thought he might have been robbie but believe I was wrong on that now. You may very well be correct on that also bobla45, I've been wrong before. 🙂

-VR
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Dec '21 20:41
    @very-rusty said
    I have no idea who he is obviously a member from the past who has issues with lots of people. Where he is from is questionable anyone can put any flag up they want to throw everyone off. I thought he might have been robbie but believe I was wrong on that now. You may very well be correct on that also bobla45, I've been wrong before. 🙂

-VR
    Obviously a member from the past?
    Are we sure about this?
    This character seems to know quite a bit about chess from what I've seen on the chess forum.
    Did any of the "usual suspects" from the past?
    Why cant we just ask:-
    Contenchess are you a returnee ?
  14. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    17 Dec '21 12:21
    Nope 🤭
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Dec '21 18:16
    @venda said
    Obviously a member from the past?
    Are we sure about this?
    This character seems to know quite a bit about chess from what I've seen on the chess forum.
    Did any of the "usual suspects" from the past?
    Why cant we just ask:-
    Contenchess are you a returnee ?
    @venda,

Do you think this poster is going to actually tell us?

We have many gone that were quite knowledgeable about chess.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree