ethics and legality

ethics and legality

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by VESPIN
I believe she is despite the fact we never met. However, Facebook and email friends for a long while. She cant let me go. 🙂
Time to clear this up, I think.

Far from being Facebook friends for a long time, (what a liar he is!) I resisted for a long time Vespin's incessant pleas for me to "friend" him on Facebook. Eventually, against my better judgement, I felt sorry for someone who was supposedly so very ill, and accepted his FB request.

For about three weeks.

That meant I saw the sort of person he was. It also meant he could message me incessantly about the supposed dangers of the wicked people in the clans forum. At the same time he was sending ever more hysterical messages to the clan members of Strategic Ultimatum telling them that other clans were out to get him and that he might get barred from this site. It got more & more paranoid so I decided I'd find out for myself. Most members of this forum know the rest. In the meantime I blocked him on Facebook.

Does that sound like someone who "can't let him go"?

Going back to the opening post in "ethics and legality", Robbie copied and pasted an article designed to demonstrate the subjectivity of right and wrong. In other words, basically, he was saying that if you think black is white and white is black then that is perfectly valid.

I beg to differ. I believe in right and wrong and in old-fashioned values like truth and fairness and honourable behaviour. Vespin's behaviour does not accord with those values. Cheating is not OK. Lying is not OK.

And making up false stories about members of this forum and indeed members of the site, myself and others included, is very much not ok either.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by Startreader

Far from being Facebook friends for a long time, (what a liar he is!) I resisted for a long time Vespin's incessant pleas for me to "friend" him on Facebook. Eventually, against my better judgement, I felt sorry for someone who was supposedly so very ill, and accepted his FB request.

For about three weeks.

That ...[text shortened]... is forum and indeed members of the site, myself and others included, is very much not ok either.
Your pants are on fire 😛

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Mctayto
[b]Your pants are on fire 😛 [/b]
You don't wear any. 😛

What's even funnier, you actually believe Vespin.

Poor chap. That's sad.

Best go back to your turnips.

m

Moves
15 Dec 16

[b]Your pants are on fire 😛 [/b]
To hear all sides of the story requires some intelligent dialogue from all sides.

You might want to sit this one out. 😛

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by mghrn55
To hear all sides of the story requires some intelligent dialogue from all sides.

You might want to sit this one out. 😛
You have both sides, MG. Vespin made his outrageous accusations. I've replied as tersely as possible.

There are no other sides. Though witnesses abound. For the sake of brevity I didn't mention Vespin's crooked use of two clans at once, or the fact that SU was subsequently suspended and his other clan banned.

I take your point and agree that McTayto lacks cerebral capacity.

rc

Moves
15 Dec 16

You have both sides, MG. Vespin made his outrageous accusations. I've replied as tersely as possible.

There are no other sides. Though witnesses abound. For the sake of brevity I didn't mention Vespin's crooked use of two clans at once, or the fact that SU was subsequently suspended and his other clan banned.

I take your point and agree that McTayto lacks cerebral capacity.
Were you not also banned, yes, you were part of the village of the banned, you MacT, Vespers, Radiodrool and romaslobber, the shame of it!

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Were you not also banned, yes, you were part of the village of the banned, you MacT, Vespers, Radiodrool and romaslobber, the shame of it!
Stuff and nonsense. And in fact, such shame for a Jehovah's Witness, a lie by implication!

Vespin's clans were suspended and banned from the site for cheating. Neither I nor anyone you mention, apart of course from Vespin & McTayto, cheated or were banned from the site.

Moves
15 Dec 16

For about three weeks.

That ...[text shortened]... is forum and indeed members of the site, myself and others included, is very much not ok either.
well said, interesting that i only became an enemy of his when i questioned the university of chess fun/strategic ultimatium debacle and then decided to point it out to his blind followers

rc

Moves
15 Dec 16

Stuff and nonsense. And in fact, such shame for a Jehovah's Witness, a lie by implication!

Vespin's clans were suspended and banned from the site for cheating. Neither I nor anyone you mention cheated or were banned from the site.
A lie by implication? A simple oversight, not being part of the village of the banned its difficult to know what it must have been like.

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
well said, interesting that i only became an enemy of his when i questioned the university of chess fun/strategic ultimatium debacle and then decided to point it out to his blind followers
Yes, Al, and that University of Chess for Fun had as its nominative leader his own teenage daughter.

The guy used his daughter! That is the calibre of the fellow!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
15 Dec 16

Vespin's clans were suspended and banned from the site for cheating. Neither I nor anyone you mention, apart of course from Vespin & McTayto, cheated or were banned from the site.
The lies simply roll from your tongue to your keyboard
I reckon you already know this having already been diagnosed as a pathological liar

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

I reckon you already know this having already been diagnosed as a pathological liar
By the same fictional character employed by Vespin?

The one who designed your natty little outfit?

How silly!

Everything I say is verifiable and most people here know most of it already.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Dec 16

For about three weeks.

Startreader,

Kudos to you for telling us what most of us suspected or knew already!!!

It didn't take long for me to figure him out. He does start talking a lot of crap in his P.M.'s also. I played with him and answered 17 of them then just deleted the other 4 without even reading them.

He managed to suck a lot of people in, I wouldn't feel bad about if I was you!

Kind Regards,
-VR

m

Moves
16 Dec 16

Idiot !!

Diagnosed by whom ??

Moves
16 Dec 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Startreader,

Kudos to you for telling us what most of us suspected or knew already!!!

It didn't take long for me to figure him out. He does start talking a lot of crap in his P.M.'s also. I played with him and answered 17 of them then just deleted the other 4 without even reading them.

He managed to suck a lot of people in, I wouldn't feel bad about if I was you!

Kind Regards,
-VR
Thank you, Rusty!

I have nothing to feel bad about. I just realised that a few people out there were actually taken in by him, actually believed or half-believed his outrageous nonsense. It seemed time to set things straight.