1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 May '20 13:111 edit
    @venda said
    Yeah , sorry.
    Still,it does illustrate that a player can reach a rating above his ability
    That was the reason I did the 600 game experiment to see how high I could get my rating. I got it into the 1800's by taking all the wins getting the rating up then taking the losses which I have lost on the board and my rating drops back down again. It is quite possible to inflate one's rating as it is deflate it. This is why it helps to know the background on the player. Trust me I know the hard work all the Clan Leaders who try put into this, some don't even bother to try. You will not find any of them on the first page. There are of course the exceptions.

-VR
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 May '20 17:46
    @lstcyr said
    @mghrn55 it’s quite obvious to those who can see.
    Why don’t you tell us what you see.
    Simple enough request.
  3. Victor, New York
    Moves
    25 May '20 18:33
    @mghrn55 It’s obvious. Sorry you can’t see it.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    25 May '20 20:50
    @padger said
    I agree
    I once had a rating well above what I am capable of
    It is hard playing under those conditions
    However the 5 year average was a much better indicator

As for negotiating between leaders
    Have you any idea how long it takes to set up any sort of challenge
    This is one thing that should be made easier
    You go all through the players between the two clans and the sy ...[text shortened]... patience to go through this torment time after time
    I can only manage to give it a go once a month
    Yes , I do appreciate the difficulties of setting up challenges.
    I was leader of the Yorkshire Laikers for a number of years.
    One of the reasons I resigned the leadership was because it was becoming tiresome and time consuming.
    Look at all the inactive clans.
    I believe a lot of would be leaders soon get fed up with the process but can't find someone else to take over
    The first page on the net points clan list is virtually the same clans every year.
    Also, I think a lot of clan members across the site don't really care about their clan's performance but just want someone to look for games for them
    As for your points argument, surely we're not going to through that again are we?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 May '20 22:28
    @venda said
    One of the reasons I resigned the leadership was because it was becoming tiresome and time consuming.

Also, I think a lot of clan members across the site don't really care about their clan's performance but just want someone to look for games for them
    As you see I cut out the parts I wasn't responding to. As a past leader you know how time consuming and how much homework must be done to try and find challenges. You have said it yourself.

I think you hit the nail right on the head a lot of clan member don't care about their clan's performance which is another reason the clan doesn't do well. We are very fortunate in our Clan that EVERYONE cares about the performance of our clan.

Our Clan Leader of the past and our present Clan leader spend a lot of time and put a lot of work into finding the challenges, so we as players who were mostly hand picked work hard to do the best we can to win those games, because we as a group do care. The results speak for themselves!

-VR
  6. Here
    Moves
    26 May '20 10:211 edit
    @venda said
    Look at all the inactive clans.
    I believe a lot of would be leaders soon get fed up with the process but can't find someone else to take over
    The f ...[text shortened]... or games for them
    As for your points argument, surely we're not going to through that again are we?
    I would like to think so
    Along with how tiresome it is organising challenges
    It is the next biggest problem with the clan system
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 May '20 12:11
    @Very-Rusty
    We are very fortunate in our Clan that EVERYONE cares about the performance of our clan.
    You are indeed.
    It would be interesting to see if the enthusiasm waned if ever your clan slipped off the first page of the net points list(the one everyone seems to use as a guide).
    You will of course say your players would redouble their efforts to get back on it but I'm not so sure.
    Look how the crowds "drop off" if their football team starts slipping down the league and how they increase when the team is doing well.
    The scenario regarding Metallica is purely academic of course as it will probably never happen but the time may come when another clan may challenge your top spot.
    Every dog has his day.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 12:382 edits
    @venda, You said:
    It would be interesting to see if the enthusiasm waned if ever your clan slipped off the first page of the net points list(the one everyone seems to use as a guide).

I can't see this hypothetical situation happening as long as we have the members we now have. Keep in mind even in my time with the Clan since 2008 we have went through many players but they were carefully selected. We have had some who have requested membership, a few were accepted the rest were not.

I believe there would have to be a major collapse of the Clan for this to happen. Like major clan members leaving the team or losing our 3 or 4 possible clan leaders. I don't see our present clan leader going anywhere and remember shortcircuit is still in the clan. I believe we are just fortunate to have had great leadership and dedicated players.

You see the thing is one or two players isn't the clan and can be replaced. Some players and I believe you know who they are, just are not replaceable except to have someone fill their spot.

I think you will find the same ones complaining about the clan system are the very ones who don't put in the work. This is my opinion not that of my clan members. We have a Clan Leader who does an excellent job of speaking for the Clan.

I believe it all boils down to leadership and dedication of the Clan Membership as a group.

-VR
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 May '20 13:10
    @Very-Rusty
    I believe it all boils down to leadership and dedication of the Clan Membership as a group.
    I agree.
    On what basis do you refuse membership?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:12
    @venda said
    @Very-Rusty
    I agree.
    On what basis do you refuse membership?
    @venda
    There can be many different reasons, but unfortunately I can not talk about them in an open forum. I suggest you send our present Clan Leader the question in a P.M. and discuss it with him. I can not discuss Clan issues such as membership, sorry.

-VR
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    26 May '20 17:00
    @very-rusty said
    @venda
    There can be many different reasons, but unfortunately I can not talk about them in an open forum. I suggest you send our present Clan Leader the question in a P.M. and discuss it with him. I can not discuss Clan issues such as membership, sorry.

-VR
    Do yous have a secret handshake Rusty?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 17:15
    @radioactive69 said
    Do yous have a secret handshake Rusty?
    yous?.......Great grammar radio!

-VR
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '20 17:17
    @very-rusty said

I can't see this hypothetical situation happening as long as we have the members we now have.
    Rusty just got back from the year 3000
    not much has changed,
    but they live underwater.
    And his great great great clanmates
    are doing fine,
    they're doing fine.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 17:251 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Rusty just got back from the year 3000
    not much has changed,
    but they live underwater.
    And his great great great clanmates
    are doing fine,
    they're doing fine.
    Jealousy will get you no where goad! 😛 😉

OH yea, and you are a liar said you were putting me on the GB away script!!!! 😉

-VR
  15. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 May '20 18:03
    @very-rusty said
    @venda

-VR
    I'm not going to do that as it doesn't really make any difference to me.
    I was just curious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree