Scheduled outage 2009-02-18 10am GMT approx

Scheduled outage 2009-02-18 10am GMT approx

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Feb 09
3 edits

It should be a maximum of 15 minutes, but may over run a little.

A site upgrade will be taking place. The "my games" page mainly, plus some other tweaks.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by Russ

A site upgrade will be taking place. The "my games" page mainly, plus some other tweaks.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😲

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

This took a little longer than expected, but we are now back up and the work is complete.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by Russ

No harm to you but I preferred it the way it was

I had my games all on one page now are over 6 pages, I had them that the most recent moves were at the top but the new way does not allow that :'(

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

^yes, and the folders are gone too?πŸ™

and why is the timeout less specific? only in days now..

Plop!

/dev/null

Moves
18 Feb 09
2 edits

I can't seem to archive finished games anymore πŸ™
--> I see it will go automatically after 7 days. Please let me get rid of the games that are finished. I do not need to see them in my current games list since they are not current anymore

I can sort on time out but don't get to see what the time out is

Using Opera 9.x

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by coentje

Using Opera 9.x
yes you can, click the button behind the game, then chose a folder to put it in (archieve)

i see now that my original folders are there when i want to archieve a game, but i used them for games in progress, but now the folders dont appear in the left menu anymore;(

edit: ur right, the game doesnt go away!

Moves
18 Feb 09

Using Opera 9.x
I don't think any of us can archive games - my page looks messy because it's taken finished and previously archived games back into my current games page and won't now archive them

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
^yes, and the folders are gone too?πŸ™

and why is the timeout less specific? only in days now..
Don't worry, this didn’t have a beta phase, so I can collect feedback and revise.

This release was more about underlying changes than the presentation of "my games" page.

Folders are still there, but only on the 'all my games' page. It was clear from reviewing data that most people did not use folders for games in progress, hence the change.

Plop!

/dev/null

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
yes you can, click the button behind the game, then chose a folder to put it in (archieve)

i see now that my original folders are there when i want to archieve a game, but i used them for games in progress, but now the folders dont appear in the left menu anymore;(

edit: ur right, the game doesnt go away!
I tried that but it will still be in my current games list. It dus not dissapear.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
18 Feb 09

gosh now my games are everywhere.this is not a good way i dont like it now my folders are gone and my games are everywhere

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

I don't like the fact 'time of last move's' been taken away - that makes working out timebanks a bit of a guesstimate

EDIT : I take that back - I see you just need to click on timebank... looks good

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
18 Feb 09

I tried that but it will still be in my current games list. It dus not dissapear.
i know read my editπŸ˜‰

u have a great name btw:p

Back to basics

About

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
No harm to you but I preferred it the way it was

I had my games all on one page now are over 6 pages, I had them that the most recent moves were at the top but the new way does not allow that :'(
I agree. There might be some advantages to the new form, but for people playing a lot of games, the 'status'and the ability to see all games on one page was two of the most important (if not the most important). Those two features are now missing.

And why isn't it possible to archive finished games from the current games? I know they will be archived after 7 days, but if I lose a game by a terrible blunder (and that happens way too often), I like to archive that game asap and forget about it.

On the plus side I like that 'My Games' now shows the remaining timebank. That is very helpfull. The opponent search function is also very nice. And it's easier to chose an archive now.

i

Moves
18 Feb 09

I'd also like to be able to move games into the archive without having them linger for 7 days.

Also, being able to sort on 'last move time' was important to me. Most of the time when I come to the site, what I want to see is the newest moves (the ones I haven't looked at yet). Now I have no way of determining which those are (unless I start clicking the links in the emails, which I don't want to have to do--usually I move the emails out of the way immediately and just treat them as a reminder to go to the site).