1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Sep '21 11:12
    @trickyt57 said
    One reason someone might be playing 1000s of games is because he is doing something he should not be doing according to the rules of this site.

For example, A person testing an AI chess computer may think this is an easy way to improve it.
    two remarks:

I) It is much easier to let the AI play against a computer program.

II) The person in question is not improving since years (not that I do), if they were aiming at trying an AI they would make a very bad job.
  2. Standard memberTrickyt57
    I am not a god.
    Asgard
    Moves
    14 Sep '21 21:05
    @Ponderable
    Valid comments:

I think he is AI. (There is hope for mankind yet.)
  3. SubscriberRomie Dread
    Hip-Hop Poet
    District 9
    Moves
    14 Sep '21 22:43
    Maybe, it's just a horribly extreme case of tournament addiction with the player still stuck in the denial phase. The mandatory 1000 game limit is similar to a form of court sanctioned intervention.
  4. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    16 Sep '21 07:33
    @romie-dread said
    Maybe, it's just a horribly extreme case of tournament addiction with the player still stuck in the denial phase. The mandatory 1000 game limit is similar to a form of court sanctioned intervention.
    It is one thing to amass thousands of games and the game load becomes uncontrollable.
    It is quite another to then send Time-Out Rage messages.
    I received two such messages.
    One was ignored the other developed into an exchanges of views.
  5. SubscriberRomie Dread
    Hip-Hop Poet
    District 9
    Moves
    17 Sep '21 17:12
    @jb70 said
    It is one thing to amass thousands of games and the game load becomes uncontrollable.
    It is quite another to then send Time-Out Rage messages.
    Outrageous! Time-Out Rage is more common than it has any right to be. If the timeouts were automatic just like they are in OTB tournament games, that type of behavior probably wouldn't even exist.
  6. Victor, New York
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 10:53
    I would like to respectfully disagree. As a subscriber who has in the past had as many as 3,000 games active, it is very possible to maintain that many games without timing out. Not sure what exactly caused Russ ti impose this penalty to all subscribers because of one person. I do not like it. If I want to maintain that many active games and am not timing out, then I should be able to. If I can’t, then penalize the individual not the whole site.
  7. Victor, New York
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 10:54
    The limit restricts tournaments. What about clan games?
  8. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 18:06
    @lstcyr said
    I would like to respectfully disagree. As a subscriber who has in the past had as many as 3,000 games active, it is very possible to maintain that many games without timing out. Not sure what exactly caused Russ ti impose this penalty to all subscribers because of one person. I do not like it. If I want to maintain that many active games and am not timing out, then I should be able to. If I can’t, then penalize the individual not the whole site.
    So it's not just timeouts.
    You are 4th in MAP of the month.
    You are playing average this month 560 moves every day with a game load of 633 games. That's close enough to a move in each game per day.
    The player at the center of this is playing 264 moves a day with a game load of 2170. That's over 8 days for each game.
    Because this was on an industrial scale it generated frustration in a significant number of tournament players.
    This caused avoidance of participating in tournaments he entered. Not ideal.
    On its own it shouldn't be enough to complain about.
    But he followed-up being timed out with insulting private messages.
    That is what crossed a line for me.
  9. Victor, New York
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 11:08
    @jb70 I don’t disagree with Russ dealing with the individual if there is a problem but is the solution to put the same restriction on everyone because of one person.? That’s my objection,
  10. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 13:51
    not mentioned in this thread...what time limits are being used for these 1K games? If JeanTyler simply entered 21 days timelimit/ 21 days timebank then he wouldn't be exceeding the limits as much...
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Oct '21 13:27
    @ogb said
    not mentioned in this thread...what time limits are being used for these 1K games? If JeanTyler simply entered 21 days timelimit/ 21 days timebank then he wouldn't be exceeding the limits as much...
    He had registered for all kinds of time limits.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree