Game moderator vote II

Game moderator vote II

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by TalonBoss
Of course I provided a basis. This vote is only known to those that frequent the forums.

I would think this point would be obvious, but I guess not in your case.
Ridiculous.

Those that do NOT participate in the forums, have no idea of how committed or how knowledgeable (regarding engine use) are the candidates. They would decide based on what? Just their rating? Because they like their handles?

The only obvious thing here is that you're an idiot with an axe to grind.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
Ridiculous.

Those that do NOT participate in the forums, have no idea of how committed or how knowledgeable (regarding engine use) are the candidates. They would decide based on what? Just their rating? Because they like their handles?

The only obvious thing here is that you're an idiot with an axe to grind.
Of course I provided a basis. This vote is only known to those that frequent the forums.

The guy expresses his concern and your response is to call him an idiot!? The only "idiot" here appears to be yourself, jerk!

People have a RIGHT to post their concerns and/or suggestions here w/o fools like you atacking their character! 😠

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Arrakis

The guy expresses his concern and your response is to call him an idiot!? The only "idiot" here appears to be yourself, jerk!

People have a RIGHT to post their concerns and/or suggestions here w/o fools like you atacking their character! 😠
Learn how to read, fatso.

1) The last sentence of his post was an attack. I'm just answering in kind.
2) Calling him an idiot wasn't part of my response, just an added bonus.
3) Go stuff yourself. Yes, even more.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Learn how to read, fatso.

1) The last sentence of his post was an attack. I'm just answering in kind.
2) Calling him an idiot wasn't part of my response, just an added bonus.
3) Go stuff yourself. Yes, even more.
It would appear that YOU are incapable of reading!
Not only that, but you are also incapable of expressing your ideas and can not communicate with other people.

All the evidence supports that you are not only incompetent, but pretty illiterate as well! Maybe you should stop before you really show your ignorance? 🙂

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Arrakis
It would appear that YOU are incapable of reading!
Not only that, but you are also incapable of expressing your ideas and can not communicate with other people.

All the evidence supports that you are not only incompetent, but pretty illiterate as well! Maybe you should stop before you really show your ignorance? 🙂
I showed which sentence of TalonBoss you failed to read. You do no such thing. As usual with you, it's zero substance and only random assertions.

s

Moves
18 Mar 08

Thanks to the 5 people who have voted for me, firstly.

Secondly, and belatedly, my suggestion for how this poll ( and others like it ) vote should and could be run.

Remember the message we all got a few weeks ago when we logged in - the one in which we had to tick a box to say we understood that using chess engines was banned etc.?

Why not have the poll come up when you log in and force you to vote. You can spoil your votes as you could in a real election for example, but at least you'd have known the poll was taking place and seen the issue and candidates.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by saffa73
Thanks to the 5 people who have voted for me, firstly.

Secondly, and belatedly, my suggestion for how this poll ( and others like it ) vote should and could be run.

Remember the message we all got a few weeks ago when we logged in - the one in which we had to tick a box to say we understood that using chess engines was banned etc.?

Why not have the ...[text shortened]... ple, but at least you'd have known the poll was taking place and seen the issue and candidates.
Then you would stir the hornets nest , of making people vote. But I do agree all Subscribers should be given a notice that there is a vote taking place.
I have told people that I never ( or rarely), see in the forums that a vote was taking place, some were happy I had told them, while others could care less about who the game mods are.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
No, but it's 1503 points higher than your OTB rating.

I've stated my qualifications. What you mostly did is cast aspersions on other candidates including insinuations that they are cheats. Insinuations without any evidence, mind you. That you would do so in the public forums while also stating "you'd ban first, ask questions later" makes you a poor choice indeed.
I have to say that the 650 point discrepancy between your top rating here 3 years ago and your top USCF rating today would disqualify you in my mind.

We need to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Red Night
I have to say that the 650 point discrepancy between your top rating here 3 years ago and your top USCF rating today would disqualify you in my mind.

Unless he was a member of your clan, then you would figure out an excuse why he's a brilliant choice for the team.

P-

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Red Night

You're really on a crusade, aren't you?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
18 Mar 08

There are a lot of people to vote for in this vote. Perhaps this vote should just be to narrow down the best candidates, as in political elections. In this way votes are not wasted.

lookin for a way out

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Then you would stir the hornets nest , of making people vote. But I do agree all Subscribers should be given a notice that there is a vote taking place.
I have told people that I never ( or rarely), see in the forums that a vote was taking place, some were happy I had told them, while others could care less about who the game mods are.
I don't think it should just be subscribers that are informed of a vote.
It's time the 'us and them' stopped. We all support the site in our own way, mainly by being here.
Don't forget it is promoted as a site where anyone can play chess free - and the advertisements that appear on a non-sub's pages are contributing to the costs of running the site. Once you pay your subs, you don't make that contribution.

N

The sky

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Pawn Qween
I don't think it should just be subscribers that are informed of a vote.
Russ decided not to open this vote to non-subs (maybe to prevent abuse by people creating several accounts to vote), so it wouldn't make much sense to inform them of it.

lookin for a way out

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
Russ decided not to open this vote to non-subs (maybe to prevent abuse by people creating several accounts to vote), so it wouldn't make much sense to inform them of it.
They might want to know it's happening and what the outcome is. Even as a non-sub I liked to know what was going on. 🙂

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Pawn Qween
They might want to know it's happening and what the outcome is. Even as a non-sub I liked to know what was going on. 🙂
Many would probably be insulted to get a notification about a vote they can't participate in. Just the other day a non-sub was complaining they were notified about tournaments.

P-