1. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 12:54
    im in the uk and i pay £17.06 which is an amazing fee for such an amazing site! over the course of a year that fee is next to nothing, whether you are well off or quite poor. I was happy to pay the fee as it is well worth it with the amount of activity you can have on the site.🙂

one very happy customer and player😀
  2. Joined
    22 Mar '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '06 12:53
    Originally posted by ambience
    How about running tournaments that non-subscribers can also enter on a less regular basis? Hopefully the thrill of being in a tournament may cause some to sign up.
    (And to really heighten the stakes, the winner can claim 1 months free membership!?)
    Yeah. it might be fun though.
  3. Leicester, UK
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 20:261 edit
    Day by day I'm getting more hooked, and I may well sign up soon.

Just out of interest, though, a question for the subscribers:
    how long between joining the site and subscribing? And what was the final 'hook'?
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 20:391 edit

how long between joining the site and subscribing? And what was the final 'hook'?

ambience 🙂
    Friend, I trully recommend subscription.

Among many unpleasant, sectarian and annoying persons [but they're everywhere in this world anyway] you do find funny, friendly and interesting people... and if you get tired of forums then you focus on playing chess, a lot of it.

I think you really get value for your $29.99 -at least in my case I have no regrets so far 🙂

P.S. It took me couple of months to get hooked but because of the lazyness of the money transfer [I loath credit cards] and the thing that made me decide was definitely how interesting the chess matches grew and realizing I was actually improving.
  5. Swansea
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 22:20

it took me 10days to subscribe to the site after joining but even that was prolonged!! I was thinking about it for a few days before hand bt then gave in! You should definately subscribe, it is very worth it!
  6. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 20:05
    why make fun of my thread and non-subscribers😠
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 23:371 edit
    Originally posted by chessviper
    Who is making fun of your thread? This thread was started over a month ago.

Non sub tourneys are like hens teeth. Rare.

As folks say for the sake of $30 over a year, which is under 60 cents per week, which is less than 10 cents per day, why not subscribe?

Surely you can find some way of saving 10 cents a day or even better making some money?

Why not wash your neighbours cars and charge them each say $2 for doing so. Wash 15 cars over 7 days and hey presto, you can subscribe and join loads of tourneys.

🙂
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 00:02
    Originally posted by chessviper
    Pssst... The walls are laughing at you...
  9. Joined
    31 Mar '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 06:16
    Originally posted by dottewell
    yes and pigs will fly.

it'd be great if we could all just pay or 30 odd dollars and be happy little vegemite's but some of us would rather go down to the donought shop and treat ourselves. a big high five for the sites free-loaders with our exciting six game limit
  10. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 20:15
    Sorry, its just the name: tournies for non-subscribers (cheeky!) , it sounded like someone was mocking my thread
  11. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 20:17
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Beware, or the chessviper will strike your kingssside(or wherever your king is)
  12. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 10:27
    I subscribe first day i join 🙂

I not so active though 🙂
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 03:29
    hi
  14. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 14:20
    Hmm I think it took me about 1 week to join. The so called hook was simply that I couldn't get enough games.
  15. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 14:27
    How about running tournaments that non-subscribers can also enter on a less regular basis? Hopefully the thrill of being in a tournament may cause some to sign up.
    (And to really heighten the stakes, the winner can claim 1 months free membership!?)
    Christ....What next, a tournament for banned players? Winner gets to spam the forums for a week before getting tossed out again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree