Tournament start

Tournament start

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e
Student

Leuven

Moves
20 Aug 07

So i joined my first tournament today..the maximum entrants has been reached, yet the tournament isn't in my active, or pending tournaments tab...it is simply 'closed for new entrants' when does it start?

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
20 Aug 07

It means you must show some patience for a day or so. It builds your character.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
20 Aug 07

the delay is normal. i don't know why, but we get used to it. there must be some reason. it is supposed to go faster and will some day, i'm sure.

z

Moves
24 Aug 07

Just join more tournaments than you can keep track of and you won't worry about it anymore. You'll just suddenly go from having 50 more games than you can handle to 70 in one day.

M

Moves
29 Aug 07

Didn't we all fall into that trap when we first started entering tournaments? I made the mistake of joining two octets, they started a day apart and I got 28 new games in 25 hours. Anybody want to top that?

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
29 Aug 07

Originally posted by MissOleum
Didn't we all fall into that trap when we first started entering tournaments? I made the mistake of joining two octets, they started a day apart and I got 28 new games in 25 hours. Anybody want to top that?
The pain really starts when one makes it to second [third, fourth, fifth] rounds, all starting at exactly the same time too. And you end up in a threesome in a duel tournament.

Fixer

Detroit

Moves
29 Aug 07

Yeah.

I joined 4 tournament at once. I did not realize that some tournaments have group sizes more that 2........lol. I had like 48 games starting at once. It was quite an experience.

I now enter all tournaments that have groups of 2 and I then decide on my game load if I want to join larger grouped leagues.

I agree with someone above. Just join a ton of tournaments and then join a clan and you will have plenty of games coming at you from every direction.

z

Moves
29 Aug 07

I never learned from that initial mistake. 😀

F

Moves
29 Aug 07

I think that my dips in my green graph reveal when I started in too many tournaments at the same time... 🙁