tournament hold---up's

tournament hold---up's

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 May 09

players who hold up plar should not be able to enter. there is a player

who like me has no chance of winning, and still waites until he has 1 day to move. then he gets a fresh 21 days. what can be done if anything?

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
10 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by johnnight1
players who hold up plar should not be able to enter. there is a player

who like me has no chance of winning, and still waites until he has 1 day to move. then he gets a fresh 21 days. what can be done if anything?
nothing. he's within his rights to move within the agreed time limit. if 21 days is too long, consider only joining tournaments with shorter time limits.

i know it is frustgrating, though. i have one opponent who moved VERY frequently when he thought he was winning, but now that he is in big trouble, he is just stonewalling.

a system i've seen on other sites allows users to rate each other for fair play, courtesy, and so on. i think this would be good for catching out those who abide by the letter but not the spirit of the rules. and, perhaps, if someone's fair play rating dropped below a certain level, they would be barred from tournaments. this would include sandbaggers etc.